2.9K views
Additional Fees

Had an emergency and had to draw money from my investment account. was sent a check made out to me on a check from JP Morgan Chase bank but when I went to there branch was told they would not cash the check then they stamped the back endorsement canceled.

Now when I try to cash this anywhere else I am given a hard time about the stamp and have had it refused at several places because of this stamp.

I am stuck in another state trying to get a part for my truck so I can get mobile again. when I called the main number they told me they do not cash there own checks unless you are a costumer of theres and there is nothing I can do about it but have a check written on another bank.

Product or Service Mentioned: Chase Bank Checking Account.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Unethical business practices.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 22, 2015.

Comments

I had the very same thing happen to me 1 day ago,it is ridiculous and a waste of your time to have to surf banks to find someone to cash it without having a different check made out to you.This would cost me another 3 days of waiting for a replacement. chase bank,please post a sign on your entry door stating that unless a person has an account at your bank,they will not succeed at anything once they pass through it. Because of this happening,i will never consider banking with you....ever!!!

I went into a chase bank branch and attempted to cash a cashiers check they told me they could not cash it because it was not givin the ok to be cashed. This is completely bogus. Chase bank is garbage.

I will write letter upon letter reguarding this matter.

I had the exact same thing happen to me about a year ago. They finally were able to find the check in the system and I was able to cash it after much hassle.

Today when I went to cash my payroll check the teller stamped the back endorsement cancelled and now I am going through the same hassle once again.

The first time I had this issue the manager told me that the check was not yet in there system when I tried to cash it the first time. I don't understand how they can put people through this ***.