I had Washington mutual for seven years and did not have a single problem. I signed up for a chase credit card two years ago to get a discount on amazon.com, they never sent me my bill and by the time i got the card (so i could sign up for online banking) i already had a late fee! I called they said on their records they sent it, so there went my discount. So this is my FIRST late charge ever! Needless to say i didn't really like chase, well last year chase bought wamu. I wasn't happy but i figured one time incident, but just in case I'll open a local account.

Well last week i got a letter from chase saying that they are going to "re-align my credit closer to my needs". Apparently this meant cutting my 2 credit card credit limits from $3000 each down to $500each! Now besides that first "missed payment" with chase years ago I have never went over my limit, i've never had another late fee, i've had the same job for 5 years and i have paid off more than $4000 in credit card debt through Wamu. Last time i checked my credit score was over 700. Add that to chase calling my house and trying to sell me account protection, and oh man are they persistent, also the way they sell the insurance is kinda iffy(they didn't mention there was a cost until i asked, this was after they tried to get me to say o.k or yes).

So i guess its time to look for another nation wide bank...unfortuately i think the banks that were customer orriented weren't as profitable as the cut throat unscrupulous banks, so the bailout made them get bought out.

Review about: Chase Bank Credit Card.

Had an Experience with Chase Bank?

Comments

I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM WITH WAMU EITHER BUT CHASE TOOK OVER AND I HATE THEM IPUT ONE NUMBER WRONG ON MY DEBIT CARD PAYMENT AND THEY CHARGE ME A LATE PAYMENT FEE PLUS BANK INSUFFICENT FUND FOR BANK RETURING IT WAS NOT INSS. THEY REALIZE IT ALSO BUT WOULDNOT REMOVE THE FEE,S ILSO TALK TO THE HEAD PERSON AND HE HAD A SMART MOUTH ALSO

I never had any problems with WAMU either.I was one day late on my credit card payment chase charged me a 40 doller late fee.

I have never been late before so I asked them to remove the late fee and there response was NO! They are terrible.

Worst customer service I have ever seen.I hope they go down and go down hard...