Eugene, Oregon

I waited for nearly two plus years to get a loan modification. After dozens of paper chasing events, I receive a deal to stay in my home with effectively the same monthly mortgage payment.

I took it in desperation, but a year later the financial strain was to great, so I re-applied for modification. Bottom line, they would not reduce my monthly payments, and demanded that I makeup past payments and maintain old mortgage rate or they would start foreclosure proceedings. I opted to do nothing. The modification program is a farce, I am disabled, and had to retire early for medical reasons.

I have heard of people getting monthly mortgage reductions as high as 60%, so why couldn't Chase do more to help make my house affordable. There is something sinister and wrong about a Banking system that gets bailed out for hundreds Billions and does not help home owners.

Product or Service Mentioned: Chase Bank Mortgage.

Comments

I applied for the HARP modification during the government shutdown back in October 2013. It was because of that and a pretty bad car accident.

Still trying to catch up because of the medical bills. I've submitted the requested paperwork over and over again - sometimes 4 times for a specific page. It is now September 2014 - 11 months later and I received a call asking for more paperwork. Basically the same paperwork I have already submitted.

I am so over this bank - I give up. They SUCK!

I hate Chase!

I'm amazed that people feel they are entitled to a modification. You signed up for the original deal, so live up to what you agreed to.

Nobody forced you to take the initial loan.

@Anonymous

Some unlucky people fall on hard times in their lives.

Just like the Government bailed out Chase Bank for their stupidity .

We all need help. One time or another.

youre a *** bag

@Anonymous

Be careful how you judge.....keep on living....sick day will come, how about an accident or a lay-off. Life changes! So will your comment!