The bank transfer I made to pay my Chase balance did not go through the first time. Chase only notified me a month later, but because it was after the due date, I was charged a late fee, even though it was Chase's doing to inform me one month late.

I paid the full balance as soon as I got the notice. A month later, I receive another bill for the interest on the supposedly late payment + another $25 late fee. I called and told them I had already paid and I wanted to close the account. After several minutes, they agreed to close the account but also informed me that I will again be receiving another statement next month for an interest charge on the late fee and another $25 late fee.

Absolutely ridiculous. So the cycle doesn't end. This is one way they are making money off people.

I had to pay and extra $0.20 (!) for them to totally close off the account or else they will charge me again on a full payment and said I should not receive any additional fees or statements. This feels like a scam and highly unethical.

Product or Service Mentioned: Chase Bank Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Chase Bank Cons: Unethical practices or late charges and payment notifications.

Comments