Boise, Idaho

Update by user Sep 09

Soooooooo, I was contacted by a Chase Representative regarding my written complaint that I filed with the New York and Texas customer no-service departments. She told me that she was "assigned to my case and would be investigating my claim personally." A couple weeks went by and I received another call from her explaining that she had looked into all of the problems that I was having.

Well what do you think her response was, you guessed it, the SAME 'ol rhetoric that I receive from them every time that I call and complain.

In a nut shell, "most of the denied transactions were either the vendor that you were trying to buy from," "Visa was the one that was denying your transactions," "we were just looking out for your money and trying to make sure you did not lose any money."I just stopped her in the middle of her BS and said that this is the same crap that I have been hearing for two years and thanks for nothing. So a whole bunch of no-customer service provided AGAIN!

Original review posted by user Aug 09

I have been a Chase, personal and business customer for close to 15 years. For a majority of my time with Chase, things have gone pretty smooth.

I have to say, over the last three years or so, when it comes to my business account, it has been nothing but problems and a waste of my valuable time. I own a construction company that deposits a bit over $2m per year into the account. Being that I have jobs all over the state and purchase materials across the nation, Chase is consistently denying my transaction.

Even though I have a $10k per day spending allowance, and typically have more than $100k in the account and am spending under my $10k per day limit, Chase will decline my transactions for "potential fraud." Then, I must call customer no-service, verify my account, explain the purchase and situation, wait to get transferred to the fraud department, because they cannot fix the problem themselves, verify my account again, explain the purchase and situation again and then wait for them to re-activate my card.

I would say this happens at least once per week. It may not seem like much, but 20 minutes (+/-) per phone, once per week over the year, adds up to be a lot of time literally wasted and not focusing on my company.

95% of the time, I am transferred to the fraud department, I end up speaking to a call center in the Philippines and with a no-customer service agent that barley speaks English. Let me tell you, it is always blatantly obvious that they are reading from a script and not one of these reps could care less that this is a major inconvenience. I have escalated several calls up supervisors and to be honest, they care even less than the first level no-customer service reps.

All that Chase tells me (every time) is that they are looking out for me and my money. Which I do not believe for one second, they are looking out for number one, themselves.

The other solution that they consistently offer me is, “Just call us before you make a transaction and let us know the amount you are going to spend and we will make a note on the account,” ya, I have the time to do that!

I am at the point where I am going to pull every penny, out of every account that I have at chase and go to a new bank. Bottom line, in my opinion, if you are looking to open a business account at Chase, look into other banks before you decide to drop your cash into a bank that you have to call and ask permission to spend your own money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Chase Bank Checking Account.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

h.kitchener

If Chase is either unable or unwilling to fix the problem, then you need to find another bank. You might try and find a common denominator for them tagging transactions as potential fraud and others not.

Then, adjust your procedures accordingly. Frankly, I would dump Chase if they refuse to have good USA-based customer service reps.