3.0

i called to follow up on a dispute for a credit card charge. I ended up in the Chase call center in the Philippines. When I placed the call I was told to hold on after the call ended as I was selected to complete a survey.

The customer service agents are robotic and not very helpful. There is a cultural difference in the expectations of customer service which they never seem to achieve. In addition I encounter some that do not speak English very well. Everything is lost in translation so to speak.

I told the representative she was not helpful at all and to hang up the phone as I wanted to complete the customer survey I was selected for after the call. She refused to end the call from her end. If I hung up I would not be able to answer the survey I had been selected for and she knew that.

I help the line open for 20 minutes as she sat there refusing to hang up when I asked her to do so.

The overseas call centers leave a very black eye on Chase. I was finally able to be transferred to an American call center after I called Chase back. I filed a fomal complaint against the customer service rep in the Philippines. I was also able to change the settings on my account such that anytime I call in and punch in my bank details I will be sent to a US based call center only.

Chase needs to sit down with "Camille" a supervisor in the dispute department at the Philippines, and go over customer service expectations and procedures.

Product or Service Mentioned: Chase Bank Banking Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Do not send US based calls overseas..

I didn't like: Worse customer service ever.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 15, 2015.

Comments

I had a similar experience where i need payment from a client as quick pay watched my Representative at Redding Br CA enter my details and email but left in the hands of over sea data enter my details especially my email need allow quick . The Call Center I reached was in the Philippines where I got a trainee.

The Rep on the phone who could not I identify me after providing client card # Pin # my full name address zip code Acc # Routing # I then ask for a supervisor and paced on hold ; I then was prompt for brief customer survey and the line went dead. I called back and again was promoted to customer survey and each time I try to get a rep and over and over again... Finally on my forth return call I was able to speak to a customer rep "In The Philippines " I had a difficult time understanding the Rep and I don t think she fully under stood what I was saying have time and vs verse. Only after 3 and 1/2 hours was I able to change my email.

It was too late for my client and he oped with my account details to make payment in cash At Chase Branch In Tarzana Ca . He was declined to do so Because does not accept cash deposits from anyone but account holder ? / ? / ?

. In @ chase Tarzana branch cash and debit card in hand the chase need not give my client the any option of alternate payment. Still That i preexisted with patients and phoned CHASE BANK CUSTOMER SERVICE PHILIPPINES and ask what were my best methods of payment for the next Tuesday I was assured that payment could be received by cheque so my client on Friday deposit an in state cheque which I was assure would clear in 1 to 2 days... Chase Bank t 15 day hold on my customers cheque TARZANA CA and again gave client no information that the hold would 15 days.

Any Cash and go check cashing service can clear a CHEQUE IN STATE OR OUT OF STATE IN MINUTES ......... ??????

I want to Start a Class action suit against Chase and there lack of due diligence discrimination and and prejudicial treatment only allowing access.... to a chase liquid card and direct my call and other card client holders directly to untrained un qualified reps who have not proper supervision and monitoring agents taking

"The customer service agents are robotic and not very helpful"No, they're simply following the orders of their corporate masters who want to keep costs down to help the shareholders and not have you complain about high fees.Tell them you're willing to pay more in fees for onshore call centers if you feel this way. You're asking for this when you ask for cheap in any industry.My only complaint with offshore call centers is they ARE NOT GIVEN authority to handle complex issues and have to stay on script.They ARE NOT GIVEN the same permissions to view data onshore agents can.Again....Want onshore agents agree to pay more in fees.

Chase Bank has the worst customer service. Their Filipino workers are not well versed in our banking system.

Initially, I called Chase regarding fraudulent transactions on my account. After reversing the charges, and me submitting a form verifying the fraud, Chase reinstated the charges without notification. I requested evidence of the transactions, of which I have yet to receive. The Filipina representative said there were inconsistencies with my fraud contentions.

HOW??!! The last transaction on my card occurred in my home city of San Francisco. Seven minutes later, there were give transactions which occurred at a Rite Aid store in Southern California, some 400 miles away. Now, unless this is Star Trek, there is no possible way for me to have gotten to the Los Angeles area in less than ten minutes.

Therefore, nothing has to be figured out. I did not make those purchases! What aren't they able to understand?

Obvoiusly, Chase has severe security issues. Most likely, I will close my account and sue them to recover the amount I've lost.

Chase is the worst. Had a hacked purchase involving fraud.

Have company,vendor all confirming fraud yet Philippine CS or branch did not care and paid money anyway. They are the worst.

1/8/2017

I called Chase credit card and I knew I’m speaking a male customer rep from Philippines. I don’t like how he talked to me, maybe he’s tired because the time there between 12:30-1:30 a.m.

I hope he’s not in “Shabu “ pills that make you awake all day but aggressive attitude.

I hope all Americans companies are using Americans for customer service agents not foreigners. I know Americans companies they wanted a big profits for using overseas (BPO)

Rockport, Massachusetts, United States #1271391

I was transferred to a Philippines rep at Chase for a dispute today. She was nice, but there was a definite language barrier.

She kept asking me to repeat the same information over and over. I'm sure she did not fully understand the issue by the time we hung up.

In all likelihood, at some point, a rep in the USA will have to fix my issue. How does that save Chase money?

I don't agree with overshore calling centers period, but it's even worse when you're discusssing something as complicated as a dispute.

The same thing happened to me - it was so frustrating!

actually I really apreciate the chase Bank call center in the phillipines, They were very helpful in pointing out another charge along with the disputed charge I had. So they comped me both charges and I have a new debit card in the mail.

to m.i.a.m.i.1 #1327641

The Philippines customer service department is thee best

to Anonymous #1375409

Your a *** if you think tgat

I agree. I dont trust these call centers.

They soeak a very flowery english, Indian accent mixed with british.

all the operators want tondo is hang up on you. i want to see to a local rep