Customer Service SUCKS | Chase Bank in Houston, Texas

3.4
My dad opened a Chase savings account for me when I was in elementary school and I just saw on my last statement that they closed my account and sent the money (about $70) to the state as "unclaimed property" without attempting to contact me at all! I know they had my mailing address since I was still receiving statements. I called to ask if I could get my money and close the account and the very rude woman I spoke with said it would be "very hard" with "a lot of steps" to get it back. She asked for not only my full name but also my ENTIRE social security number (not the last 4). Then, she asked if I would like to be put on hold so she could gather the information for the state and I said no thanks because it was already too much of a hassle for the small amount of money, in my opinion, and so she hung up on me! I called back and a man answered. I asked him for the name of the lady that I spoke with and asked if I could speak with a manager and he said she WAS the manager! THE MANAGER HUNG UP ON ME!! I HATE Chase. Credit Unions are so much better!

Banking regulations bro, dormant accts are usually sent to the state. You should've gotten a letter from Chase.... You probably just ignored it

Review
Service
Chase Bank Manager
Cons
  • Bad customer service
  • Disregard of members
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Contact Chase Bank Customer Service