Featured

Explore video interviews
Advertisements
Chase Bank - Customer Service - Image 2
Chase Bank - Customer Service - Image 3

I am appalled at the so-called customer service had online via emails. The number of times they do not actually address my questions, concerns, or statements, but instead, respond with what is clearly a default form reply is beyond belief.

When I reply to those pointing out obvious inconsistent information or whatnot, and thereby, request clarity, they literally copy and paste the EXACT same pointless default they sent prior. And for one issue, this was done several times, exact same response copied and pasted multiple times in a row! Nobody is actually reading my messages, or perhaps, they do and are simply incredibly lazy and uncaring. Whats even more disconcerting is that I have banked with them for decades now, have never been in default, and when I was recently scammed in NY whilst on holiday last summer, they took the false statements of the scammer over my own and awarded him the money!

I couldnt believe it.

We are talking about $127.30 that would barely be a drop, if at all, in the bucket for them, but hard-earned cash for me. Chase customer service used to be stellar, but in the past few years, it would seem, its become overrun by punks who have no clue what the meaning of respect, loyalty, and service actually is.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Brick and mortar banks tend to be safer
Cons:
  • Lacking customer loyalty
  • Horrible online customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t expect loyalty or respect.

Guest

they will lie or just ignore you i been dealing with a simple issue for over a year and its nothing but a press play and repeat and rewind

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2508708

If after this much time, if they have not addressed the issue, you need to file a complaint with an agency such as BBB, attorney general or FDIC. Take it from me. Had I not gotten pushy about it nothing would have happened.

nicole c Oen

You can file a police report but do not expect the police to get involved. They do not get involved in cases of fraud or identity theft.

They will tell you it is a civil matter. Can file a case in small claims court but may not be worth it considering the filing fees and missed time at work

Guest

Did you file a police report? What did the supposed fraud entail?

Non delivery of goods? Of a service?

William C Haj

I know your pain, there getting greedy and don't care about there customers

Tressa M Ifg

I switched to Walgreens because of the employees at CVS. I have been treated so poorly.

View more comments (5)
Paul H Kwq

Dissatisfied Customer

I went to pay off this balance in March of 2024. I called Disney Chase Visa snd spoke one of their reps.

I asked if I paid off the balance would I expect any other charges in the future. I was told no but of course to my surprise after my billing date I still owed more money. When I called I was advised that the rep gave me wrong information. I asked if they would waive the small charge which they refused to do.

I told them to pull the phone call of me and the rep which they never did. After being a long standing customer that was a disapointing ending to our relationship over a very small amount of money.

It wasn't even about the money, it was about their rep giving me bad information and them refusing to take accountability for that. No thanks to Ricardo, Michelle George and Stephanie for not doing the right thing.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Zero accountability

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Look elsewhere for other credit card companies.

| map-marker Cincinnati, Ohio

Resolved: Refuses to pay me the 5,955.59 they owe me

Chase Bank - Refuses to pay me the 5,955.59 they owe me
Chase Bank - Refuses to pay me the 5,955.59 they owe me - Image 2
Chase Bank - Refuses to pay me the 5,955.59 they owe me - Image 3
Updated by user Apr 10, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Provided evidence of money owed with documentation since the only way a bank will assist in helping you get money back is to provide paperwork. My advise is to hold onto paperwork from a bank especially one you are having issues with.

Original review Mar 26, 2024
I used to have a checking and savings account with this bank 2 1/2 years ago. Both accounts were closed but they did not give me all of the funds in both accounts.

Amount in both accounts was 39,340.88 but they only gave me 33,385.29 as a cashier's check. I spoke with the same rep several times who told me I would be getting the 5,955.59 back but then told me the reason I did not receive this check was because I owed them 4,350. This amount was taken out when the savings account was closed. I complained to the CFPB and the executive response was that it was reported in error and this would be fixed.

But then told me they had no record of owing me 5,955.59 even though I submitted the accounts statements and cashier's check receipt and they had the nerve to tell me they did not owe me 5,955.59. I have spoken with several reps via the phone since I could not visit the branch any longer due to my work hours conflicting with their hours and not being able to speak about it with someone over the weekend. If I truly owed them money, they never would have authorized a fraudulent credit card in my name for 13,000. The process of dealing with the identity theft with this bank was just as much of a pain and it took me being a pain in the *** to get them to resolve the fraudulent credit card.

Despite many complaints to many organizations such as the BBB, Attorney general and others, I am still not getting anywhere with getting back the 5,955.59. This has been going on for 2 1/2 years. A bank should not get to hold onto your money that long despite the reason.

Attached are images of these statements due to the personal information on these documents. (address, account numbers, etc)
Loss:
Cons:
  • Gives you the run around

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DO NOT BANK WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

nicole c Oen

Not to mentiion that in response to the fraudulent credit card, I never received the initial letter dated February 13 which would have changed everything and not made me involve my restoration agent in the conference call in march. I figured if you will drag your feet on giving me the almost 6,000 you owed me that the fraudulent credit card claim would be no different.

And because I ended up getting a bill for that credit card which I blatantly refused to pay because I did not apply for the cc, that made me get pushy about it as well. They want to make me feel bad because I was pushy about both issues but I did what I had to do. Most people would have done the same had they been in my shoes. Then, they keep making a big deal about closing the accounts.

I did not care about that. Only that I was not there when it happened. I would have closed the accounts had they not.

My hope is that the cashier's check clears and that I can move on. Rest assured, I will never do business with this bank ever again.

nicole c Oen

I made complaints with all of those organizations. They finally sent me a check for this amount but made the excuse that the money was on hold due to investigation.

2 years?

Really? From my understanding, it should not take longer that 6 months.

Guest

i would make a complaint with the fdic, better business burea and state aorneys office

Guest

i tried to do that several times. It did not work.

Plus I just started the new job and it takes 2 years before you can take off work to build up paid time off. I was in the 90 day probation period at my new job so therefore I could not take off work to deal with it.

I made many many phone calls and filed complaints with several organizations who keep giving to chase to deal with who wlll not deal with it. If a lawyer would represent me, this could go before a 3rd party (judge) to deal with.

Guest

I think for almost $6,000 you needed to take a day off work in the past two years and went in to a branch location.

View more comments (4)
Walter C Xbl

Resolved: Trifling experience

Chase Bank - Trifling experience
Updated by user Feb 04, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with partial refund.

Original review Feb 04, 2024
I own Chase Bank and see horror stories and was part of it before I owned the Bank.I am the US Treasury department account manager for Chase Bank and the workers bully people out of information sneakily and politely and FINALLY when they get jealous of what they see you make as if its their money...THEY WILL LIE RIGHT TO YOUR FACE OVER THE PHONE IF THEY HATE YOU MAKING SO MUCH THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO "LIVE" OFF OF YOUR OWN HARD EARNED MONEY.
$120000
Pros:
  • Got it back
Cons:
  • Took a long time

User's recommendation: Call the cops if they don't give you your money

Guest

are you on crack? Clearly you're smoking something - that stuff will kill you, get help!

Fathjma A

| map-marker Kottawa, Colombo District

To get my payment

Chase Bank - To get my payment
I am from srilnka please help me to get my payment.i upload the phote is thks real i could not get i to my account can you please help me jn this to get my payment
Anthony19691986

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. DOESN'T GIVE TWO *** ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. APP SO USER UNFRIENDLY.

Updated by user Apr 07, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. They cancelled yet ANOTHER one of my debt cards and mailed it to my home,, instead of my P.O.BOX and I finally received it. Terrible company to do business with.

Original review Mar 23, 2024
I've been in a foreign country since February 29th without a replacement debit card and unable to get to my cash. I've called NUMEROUS times and I get the same BS apologies and same BS story that it will arrive ANY DAY NOW. They have outright REFUSED to track where my card is with USPS, since I reported having internet issues. I've made daily wasted trips to my P.O BOX in this country and continue to get ZERO help from this very lame company!!!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Have good lines of bs
Cons:
  • Promise and do not deliver apologize and dont fix it

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: PULL YOUR MONEY OUT NOW AND CLOSE ALL ACCOUNTS !!!!!

RITA R Ptg

Verified Reviewer

Chase has been fined 38.99 billion since 2000 for bad business practices & people need to know.

CHASE NEEDS TO SPEND LESS TIME PREDICTING POLLS AND MORE PREDICTING HOW TO CONFORM TO CFPB/OCC/FDIC GUIDELINES

Don't let Chase DOG you. File CFPB/OCC/FDIC/BBB complaints (or review), place reviews everywhere and TAKE YOUR MONEY OUT OF CHASE (OUR MONEY IS THEIR POWER.

DON'T ALLOW THEM TO USE IT AGAINST US. EACH CLOSED ACCOUNT MAKES THEM WEAKER-FIGHT); sign onto existing class-action lawsuits against them (just type in search existing class-actions against Chase); find a class-action attorney (type) and file a new one and/or small claims (for a nominal fee; they have to pay for every case filed or lose by default) or regular lawsuit. They have to pay you excess of their error with a class-action though.

Corporate

-Chase could take "as long as it takes" to correct my account (what about the interest you're charged on that incorrect balance);

-that she would not even ATTEMPT to credit one month, which I donated in cash (whether the organization had authorization or not);

-the other months would be credited---eventually;

-any company/organization can charge your credit card, and unless you can show that you paid them by other means (whether you owe them or not), you eat it.That is insane.

Executive

-Chase was not going to look into this issue any further

-they may recoup the money that they had credited me

-I was not going to speak to anyone other than her as long as she worked for "her supervisor's name;

-that any company or organization can charge your card, as long as they have your number

-she would not put her response in writing and that I had received all of the paperwork that I was going to receive from Chase.

The organization reversed the charges, but Chase did nothing to assist me and/or accept their obligations. You don't have to pay the disputed amount on your card, so transfer the rest while you FIGHT.

My 1/10/24 Chase review was removed by BBB as their policy is:

"It is against policy to double whammy a company.

Consumers are only permitted to either file a complaint or a customer review -- not both." (Doing nothing privately or nothing but venting publicly).

A company only needs to respond; not resolve your issue.

In my case, they just responded "We are keeping the resolution private, if there is one." Leaves one to wonder about the BBB.

Consumer Affairs is delaying publishing this (it has been pending since 1/13/24):

Facebook won't allow ME to put 2-step verification on MY OWN account to stop anyone/whomever (probably them) from going into my account and removing or altering this review. It has happened several times (over 6x in 1 day) since I posted it.

I'm sure Chase's BUDDIES don't like me or you telling people to take their money out of Chase.

Wallethub won't allow me to update this to this draft directing court actions.

Cons:
  • Will use your money to work against you

Preferred solution: I'll tell Chase

User's recommendation: File CFPB/OCC/FDIC/BBB complaints (or review), place reviews everywhere and TAKE YOUR MONEY OUT OF CHASE (OUR MONEY IS THEIR POWER. DON'T ALLOW THEM TO USE IT AGAINST US. EACH CLOSED ACCOUNT MAKES THEM WEAKER-FIGHT); sign onto existing class-action lawsuits against them (just type in search “existing class-actions against Chase”); “find a class-action attorney (type)” and file a new one and/or small claims (for a nominal fee; they have to pay for every case filed or lose by default) or regular law suit.

nicole c Oen

I can believe that in terms of being fined for bad business practices. Look at what they did to me

Fathjma A

To get my payment

Chase Bank - To get my payment
I am from Sri Lanka please help me to get my payment immediately. Is this real or fake. I could not get if you can help me to get please

Demitra Goy
map-marker Santa Rosa, California

Terrible experience

attempted to deposit cash at atm. Would not accept bills easily and kept spitting them out. Finally gave me a receipt with message to call and make sure it went through. Middle of night so noone at chase available. Money did not post and I needed it immediately. Thanks for the *** ATMs chase, very upset!

User's recommendation: dont use chase atms. They are slow and now apparently malfunction as well

Mariev J

Verified Reviewer

Quiero cambiar dirrección y número de teléfono para mi cuenta

Hola buen día solo quería si me pueden ayudar solo quiero cambiar el número telefónico y dirrección de mi cuenta
Colleen S Cmq

Unjust Charges

I have 2 issues with Chase Bank 1) I resigned from my job to take care of my ailing dad at the end of October. He passed 2 weeks ago. I happened to look at my account and saw $12 charges for the last 4 months. I called and they said that the charges were because I was not having direct deposit into my account. I am so confused you dont have a job and making no income and they are going to charge you? So I closed my account 2) My mom who is a Chase customer still gave me a check - I went to cash it and they want to charge me $10 fee - WHAT!!!??!
Pros:
  • Many locations
Cons:
  • Ridiculous feed

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don’t bank at Chase

Paul R Ovr

Fraud transaction

Chase Bank - Fraud transaction
Received a fraud alert from chase of a 600$ transaction from Facebook I replied No I was told via text charge was denied and that debit card would be closed a a new card would be issued in 5-7 days .received new card and NEVER ACTIVATED IT chase charged acct for the 600 using new card number then closed card I never activated this card HOW AND WHY am I being held responsible mind you I did not have 600 in acct to cover transaction!!!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Very few
Cons:
  • Security issues

User's recommendation: Never use chase

Guest

File a complaint with the BBB

john L Qke

| map-marker Cave Creek, Arizona

UABLE TO CASH A CHASE REFUND CHECK ISSUED BY CHASE AT ANY OF THERE BANKS WITHOUT OPENING A CHECKING ACCOUNT

cHASE ISSUED A REFUND CHECK FROM A CREDIT CARD, TRIED TO CASH IT AT LOCAL CHASE BANK BUT THEY REFUSED BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE A CHECKING ACCOUNT WITH THEM, ONLY CREDIT CARD

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY GO ELSEWHERE

Guest

That's BS. It is just an attempt to get you to open an account with them. Don't fall for it.

Sam S Fzf

| map-marker Nairobi, Nairobi

They close account and *** around and will not give me my money

Closed account and refuse to give me my money due me. When I call customer service I get *** and told to call back .call back and told to wait .
Loss:
Cons:
  • Sux

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay away from chase bank

Guest

If you have made several attempts to get your money from the closed account and have not been successful, file a complaint with the BBB. Then if that does not work, keep filing complaints with agencies such as the consumer financial protection bureau, attorney general and FDIC.

If this closure has gone on after so much time, they have to give you your money. Make sure you have bank statements as proof.

Gleen Lda
map-marker Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

ATM problems

Chase Bank - ATM problems
I didint got the money at the atm I tried to got cash from the atm and it didnt gave to me Im at the atm at de Zavala and I 10
map-marker Modesto, California

Chase is full of ***

FuI opened my account around the end of February I deposited $705. Then for whatever reason that they say they cant disclose to me they closed my account and now I have to wait for a check to get my money
Guest

See someone at a branch and explain the situation. Make them explain why you have not received your money from the closed account.

If after several phone calls and or visits to the branch that you do not get your issue resolved, then file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Make sure you get a bank statement as proof.

Donivan J Xsc

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: To gey a hold left on my account

Updated by user Jan 19, 2024

Never mind.

Original review Jan 19, 2024
I don't know it's Telling me that it's going be on 24 that's next week when it's going be available now but I deposited my girl check an she told me an I did I don't mess with people account that's serious time in jail I make my money the right way so an it had name spend wrong i have been having problems like that my hold life

Preferred solution: No

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article