Chase Bank - Review in Banks category from Trumbull, Connecticut
On June 13,2016 multimillion dollar bank Chase cleared a counterfeit check sent to my daughter in the mail $1820. After the funds cleared, Craigslist scammer coerced her to send $1420 of the released funds to Western union. She did bc the bank gave her the go ahead to access the funds. Hours later the check was determined to be a fraud and reversed the deposit. Problem is she sent the cleared funds to the scammers at western union who are supposed to photo ID and legit info.
Now she's the criminal bc she doesn't have the $1420 to cover the bad check that Chase bank vouched for.
Where are fail safes on this? Craigslist posted the scam. Chase bank didn't do their job
To caution the funds release and vet he counterfeit check. And Western union allowed a man with legit IDs take the money and run. And a college student hungry for a job is now working to pay Chase Bank back their money that never existed. All 3 companies : Craigslist , Chase bank and Westen Union should have known better, looked out for the student and not released the funds. Reputable garbage companies: Craigslist scammer , western union let a thief collect the money and Chase is the biggest criminal of all bc they cashed a counterfeit fake check. And let the girl accessed the funds.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Product or service
- Counterfeit Check
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have never heard of pending drop offs and I have been with Chase for years. I was charged two insufficient fees because of this but when I checked my..."
- "Chase is trying to take 1500 from my account after I deposit it. Please anyone contact me mr Trayshon carter about this matter ..."
- "I signed up to have my paychecks deposited on the Chase Paycard. I was assured that it could be used online and that I could pay bills with it. I..."
- "4-pack of v-neck shirts had 1 new shirt with a spot in the middle of the back. (my guess is it is the ink they use for the label.) I..."
- "I was on birdsnow.com and I found an ad for two scarlet macaws. The guy stated there that it was 1000$ in total including shipping and everything. The birds..."
- "In November 2011 we purchased a 4 month old English Bulldog puppy from Jess Durkin..we already had rescued a 1 1/2 year old bulldog and even though we still have..."
- "Having read the various comments below and realising that my experience is typical not unusual, I wonder why this company hasn't been sanctioned or actioned against. Perhaps a class action..."
- "I "purchased" a camera from a 2016 Black Friday special; Nikon d3400 for $349. Great price but not so great that it seemed unreal. It took several days just to..."