Chase Bank - Review in Banks category from Trumbull, Connecticut
On June 13,2016 multimillion dollar bank Chase cleared a counterfeit check sent to my daughter in the mail $1820. After the funds cleared, Craigslist scammer coerced her to send $1420 of the released funds to Western union. She did bc the bank gave her the go ahead to access the funds. Hours later the check was determined to be a fraud and reversed the deposit. Problem is she sent the cleared funds to the scammers at western union who are supposed to photo ID and legit info.
Now she's the criminal bc she doesn't have the $1420 to cover the bad check that Chase bank vouched for.
Where are fail safes on this? Craigslist posted the scam. Chase bank didn't do their job
To caution the funds release and vet he counterfeit check. And Western union allowed a man with legit IDs take the money and run. And a college student hungry for a job is now working to pay Chase Bank back their money that never existed. All 3 companies : Craigslist , Chase bank and Westen Union should have known better, looked out for the student and not released the funds. Reputable garbage companies: Craigslist scammer , western union let a thief collect the money and Chase is the biggest criminal of all bc they cashed a counterfeit fake check. And let the girl accessed the funds.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Product or service
- Counterfeit Check
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Has anyone else seen the latest trend out there? Chase Bank, just to name one, is charging customers in the upwards of 29%!!! The local LOAN SHARK charges only 25%!!!!..."
- "Okay.... many people in this country elect to have the money they receive for their children's child support, made through their state family court agency and then through to..."
- "Huntington bank has been going into people's credit reports without their permission in an attempt to increase their credit card business charging high rates. I opened a checking account ant..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "Ordered 4GB of extra RAM for my site hosted using Bluehost VPS plan. Credit card was charged immediately but the RAM never appeared on the machine after several reboots. Contacted..."
- "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..."
- "I was on birdsnow.com and I found an ad for two scarlet macaws. The guy stated there that it was 1000$ in total including shipping and everything. The birds..."
- "4-pack of v-neck shirts had 1 new shirt with a spot in the middle of the back. (my guess is it is the ink they use for the label.) I..."