Hayward, California

I NORMALLY DEPOSIT MONEY TO MY DAUGHTERS ACCOUNT WITHOUT HAVING HER ACCOUNT NUMBER AND THE TELLERS PATIENTLY HELPS ME AND I NEVER HAD PROBLEMS UNTIL LAST WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2015 WHEN I PASSED BY THE BRANCH AT IRVINGTON DISTRICT, FREMONT, CA. AS USUAL, I FILLED UP THE DEPOSIT SLIP, GOT MY $100 READY AND WAITED MY TURN TO DEPOSIT.

JUST AS I HANDED THE DEPOSIT SLIP AND MONEY TO THE TELLER, I TOLD HER I DONT HAVE MY DAUGHTERS ACCOUNT NUMBER AND IF SHE COULD HELP ME. SHE LOOKED AT ME WITH DISMAY AND SAID IN A FUNNY WAY AND A SMIRK "WE DONT TAKE CASH FOR DEPOSIT IF YOU DONT HAVE ACCOUNT". I EXPLAINED MYSELF, TOLD HER THAT MY DAUGHTER NEEDS THE MONEY IN SFSU FOR EMERGENCY. SHE LOOKED AT MY AGAIN AND TOLD THE LEAD TELLER ABOUT IT.

I AGAIN STARTED EXPLAINING AND ASKING FAVOR BUT THE PERSON WHO I FOUND OUT WAS THE LEAD TELLER DIDNT EVEN LISTENED AND TALKED WHILE I WAS STILL TALKING. SHE DRASTICALLY TOLD ME TO MOVE TO THE SIDE AND I SQID I WAS NOT MOVING UNTIL THEY MAKE A DEPOSIT BECAUSE IT WAS NECESSARY I HAD TO MAKE THE DEPOSIT FOR MY DAUGHTER. SHE THEN SAID I HAVE TO MOVE OTHERWOSE SHE WONT HELP ME AT ALL. SO I MOVED AND WENT TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM AND STARTED DOING SOMETHING ELSE.

I WENT UP TO HER AND SAID, "PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS I CANT MAKE CASH DEPOSIT POLICY". SHE SAID ITS THE BANK POLICY AND SHE WONT SHOW IT TO ME. I WAS DISSAPPOINTED AND GETTING ANGRY BECAUSE I REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY CANT HELP ME FOR $100 DEPOSIT. SHE TOLD ME TO LEAVE OR ELSE SHE WILL CQLL THE POLICE FOR ME.

I GOT SCARED, MY BLOOD PRESSURE WENT UP AND I HAD TO LEAVE HURRIEDLY TO MY CAR TO TAKE MY MEDICINE. I AM STILL SHAKING UNTIL NOW AND ITS BEEN 3 nights since I had the SAD EXPERIENCE FROM THE BANK. IF THERE WAS A POLICY, AND IF THEY EXPLAINED IT WELL, I WOULD HAVE UNDERSTOOD. BUT THE WAY THEY TREATED ME WAS WITH A RACIST REASON WAS UNACCEPTABLE.

TO THNIK THEY ARE SERVICING PEOPLE IN A VERY DIVERSED ASIAN AND INDIAN AND MOSTLY FOREIGN COMMUNITY.

I BELIEVE THIS LEAD TELLER AND YOUNG TELLER WHO TRATED ME BAD NEEDS MORE TRAINING FOR BEING COURTEOUS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE OR JUST TRY TO BE HUMAN WITH FEELINGS. WE DO NOT DESERVE TO BE TREATED PLIKE HOW THEY TREATED ME.

Product or Service Mentioned: Chase Bank Account.

Chase Bank Cons: Environment the employee created, Unethical business practices, Not resonable.

Comments

I THINK USING ALL CAPS SHOULD HAVE YOU TO TAKE TRAINING ON HOW TO TYPE

So you went into the bank, acted like a crazy fool when they followed policy and procedure (the same policy and procedure that applies to ALL people) and now you are screaming racism because you didn't get your way.

bobs2015

1. Your cap lock is in the "on" position, which makes your posting appear to have been written by a 6th grader.

Turn it off.

2. Most, if not all banks will not deposit cash to someone's account if the account number is not known. If they do so, they could compromise the account holder's security. If someone at the bank has actually allowed you to deposit money into someone's account without you having the account number, then they have violated bank policy and should be terminated.

Next time you need to do this, perhaps, if it's not too much trouble, you could have the account number with you. This is not rocket science.

3. What's up with the "racism" charge? This nonsense is typical for people who have a chip on their shoulders but who should never be taken seriously, but rather, laughed at.

Is this you?

Bottom line, start following the rules and stop whining.

You should have just called your daughter and got the account number.

Banks are not allowed to give out someones account number.

They did the right thing.