I applied for a refi mortgage with Chase.They spent 6 weeks playing games with me and requested every piece of financial information under the sun from me which i immediately complied with.

Then they sent me a counter offer for thousands less than I requested but with the condition that I answer another barrage of questions that I answered weeks ago. They say that they are customer oriented but nothing could be further from the truth. My credit scores are over 800, my house appraised for 20K more than I told them. I have 300 K equity in my home and only wanted 150 cash out.

For eligible income they only allow taxable income. When i asked why not tax free or non-taxable income, since I am a retired vet, and they said no thats not the way its done. I'm fine with them not allowing me to cash out some of my equity in my home but there customer service is non existent and the process is onerous and painful for the customer trying to jump through the never ending line up of hoops. When I called them for information or clarification they say they will call you back by close of business but that NEVER happened, and then if you bug them enough perhaps you will get a call back in a few days or a week.

I forgot to mention that my existing mortgage is with Chase and I have a perfect payment record with them and everyone else.

I would never do business with these incompetent people ever again.They get zero stars from me for their turtle paced over the top red tape and lack of honesty in their client dealings.

Review about: Chase Bank Mortgage Refinance.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Entire experience was like being held hostage.

Had an Experience with Chase Bank?

Comments