Verified Reviewer

1.5

I've actually been a Chase customer for nearly two decades and was a WaMu (who were way better) before that. I've always found the people at my local branches very friendly and will even say they were very flexible during COVID about my mortgage.

HOWEVER....nine times out of ten when I call customer service, the experience is abysmal.

And calling the claims department (to dispute charges) is even worse. In the past, the executive office was usually pretty helpful, that's no longer the case.

In this case, my daughter was double charged by DHL for customs fees, and we first paid by Paypal, later paid directly with Chase (because they extorted the money from her). We first tried, for weeks, to resolve the issue with DHL, they finally just ignored us completely. So we disputed the charge.

Because it was a "large" ($151.16 wow) amount and was paid in two different manners, we had to call.

Every person we have spoken to has been supremely unhelpful and made ridiculous demands. Endless hours on hold, frequently hung up on for daring to request a supervisor (apparently this is "unprofessional and inappropriate" for us to do), also don't dare press for why, because how dare we?

We've been lied to repeatedly (in fact everybody's story keeps changing and we love hearing about the call and conversation where we requested the claim be closed that we never had or made) and, as noted by another poster, you aren't permitted to email or text information, only fax or snail mail.

Cause, apparently, it's 1992. And then the fax takes multiple business days to arrive.

All we want is her account recredited, provisionally, for the $151, due to their error/employee lying---and you'd think we were asking for $5 million.

I am seriously considering closing my account with them

H

User's recommendation: You have a choice in banking. Pick somebody else.

Preferred solution: Full refund (actually nominal good will additional credits to our accounts, full, written apology and the assurance they'll fix their system so nobody else goes through this.

Chase Bank Cons: Bad customer service, Disputes, Fees, Fraudulent advertising.

Comments