1.6

First, I opened my account online, only to receive the $200 promotion (after your accunt has a direct deposit) to keep my account open for 6 months. My first check wasn't set up for a direct deposit.

When I went into the branch to cash my check (which was a Wells Fargo business issued check) I was advised that Chase would have to hold my check for a few days and could only give me $100.00 until the check cleared. I asked why they couldn't contact Wells Fargo to verify if the funds were good or not. I was advised that they couldn't do that and I would just have to wait for the funds to be cleared. My wife took a picture of the check and deposited (immediately) into her Bank of Oklahoma account through a mobile deposit, without me even being on her account.

Bank of Oklahoma verified the funds and released the check.

After the 20th business day of waiting, I called Chase and was advised to wait a few more days. After a few more days of waiting, I called back and was advised that I would not receive the $200 because I was supposed to receive a coupon offer, but did not receive one and that the account had been open for 21 days, so the offer was no longer valid for me. And, the previous representative did not notate that she advised me to wait a few more days for the $200 credit. I went in and spoke with a branch manager who advised me that there was no notation that the representative (I spoke with on 5/29/19) told me that I didn't need a coupon.

So, basically, she called me a liar and believed her incompetent employee over me. So, the customer service experience was H-O-R-R-I-B-LE!!! Plus, they charge to speak with customer service, after so many free calls.

I am closing my account as soon as my outstanding checks clear and moving over to the Bank of Oklahoma. They don't offer the fraudulent $200 that Chase offers, but they are much more professional, give accurate information, post-credits before debits, mobile banking, better offers for monthly checking account fees, and they don't charge you to speak to customer service, and....

they allow you to deposit money in someone else's bank account. Chase will not allow anyone to even make a deposit to someone else's account, even with an account number.

This bank doesn't stand by their offers, charge for services that should be free, inconvenience customers by making them wait days to get their own money when a customer sets up an account online with Chase.

Nightmare ... .

Product or Service Mentioned: Chase Bank Online Banking.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments