1.5

Wed. March 27, 2019- I deposited a large personal check into my checking account. (Over $10k) via ATM. ATM said funds would be available Friday March 29. It is Monday, April 1, & funds are still being held & I'm being told they will be held until Friday April 5.

First call to bank, I was told Chase was waiting to verify person who wrote check had funds in their account. I called individual who wrote personal check & she sent me screen shot showing her bank Hunington had withdrawn the amount from her account. I called the bank to try to clarify since I was lied too.

Chase now says me depositting such a large amount is out of character and they are holding MY money just because they choose. This money was a loan and all available parties signed on the dotted line. I endorsed check and lender wrote the check with necessary funds in Huntington account to cover the check.

Just because I dont deposit large amounts of money shouldn't influence whether you deposit funds into my account that has cleared the senders account. Its absurd. Had that money not been in the Hunington account, this would be a different discussion but then the bank oil would collect NSF fees. That would be more understandable than this.

Im left with zero remedy, besides just wait! I'm ready to close my good standing checking account and move on!

Product or Service Mentioned: Chase Bank Check Deposit.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments