My 35 year old son passed unexpectedly last summer, unmarried and intestate. He had many accounts, USAA, Wells Fargo, BofA, Coinbase, Chase and others I am still trying to track down.

According to California law, in order to avoid probate costs and simplify the estate management, if an estate is less than $150,000.00 and has no real estate, the next of kin can file a notarized Affidavit of Small estate to collect estate assets and necessary documents, which was done. All of the banks were familiar with this document and, after a 40 day wait period, cooperated in sending me a check for the remaining balance along with requested bank statements and any other information necessary for filing taxes, etc., except Chase. It is now December and I still cannot get copies of bank statements without a subpoena they say. It says right in the statute that they must give me these documents and if they don’t I can recover court costs and damages from them.

I have sent them the statute and they still won’t give anything to me without a court order.

I think they are just greedy and hope they can get a payday from people who give up. You can bet I am going to sue them.

Chase Bank Cons: Incompetent.

• No Customer Solution Or Resolutio

Comments

No, they want you to do what they want you to do. If you want the money, you have a choice.. Keep sending them what probably amounts to a cut 'n paste you don't understand, whine all over the place or put in the work.

Chase Bank Reviews