State: District Of Columbia City: Washington Clear all filters (16 of 1629 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Chase Bank - Horrific ...

How do I summarize how incredibly *** awful Chase Bank is? First, they completely mishandled our refi (the person handling it must have never handled a refi before, & went on vacation for two weeks without telling us, causing us to almost miss our closing date & lose a great low interest rate) ... & now that I'm going though a divorce, I had to talk to three different people in three different departments to properly seperate assets between myself & my ex-spouse, & despite multiple verbal assurances from a Chase representative on the phone, & even written confirmation from Chase that everything was done as I requested (my spouse's name was removed from my accounts), now, weeks later, another person from Chase tells me my spouse is still listed on the accounts! Don't ever trust anything Chase tells you, & avoid them at all costs if you can. Personally, I'll be working on closing all my Chase accounts & finding other banks ... I can't trust them at all ...

I agree with you FUCKCHASE. It is good to know I am not alone. They are givings me nightmares.

Chase Bank Loan

Chase bank

just this week alone more thn 150.00 in nsf's then the best part an additional 12.00 fee for "overdraft protection". If im at fault for my banking practice fine but why the extra 12.00 charges that aren't covering the nfs to begin with. If I were robbing them like they do me I'd be behind bars. Then try reasoning with them. I'M not perfect in balanceing my buget but how they they chose to pay the online transactions is sometime a bit puzzeling. I will no longer bank with chase as of today they can keep my money. GOOD BY CHASE Off to a credit union.

Dont spend more money than you make. Yes, that's it.

That could solve the problem. No, its easier to blame the bank. My debit card is set up to not work if there are not sufficient funds.

Better yet, ask your friends to lend you money instead. Will they remain your friends?

Review

Chase Bank review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Chase Mortgate is a bunch of idiots

I'm currently in contract to buy a house and I'm so frustrated dealing with Chase that I'm about to walk and we are 9 days from closing. They keep telling me that they don't have the documents that I've sent them, no matter how many times or ways I send it, they want me to send documents that don't exist and the accuse me of "forgetting" to send something in. Almost every conversation I have with these people, they want me to borrow more than I need because I'm qualified to borrow more, which I think is totally asinine. I am so fed up and done with these *** and I'm kicking myself for even going to them for a loan in the first place. If I wasn't so close to the end, I would tell them where to shove the mortgage. I can't believe I'm going to have to deal with these idiots for the next 15 years.

This will continue...they also didn't receive the 6 payments I sent in before they put us in the foreclosure process. After sending our bank statements showing the checks cashed 26 TIMES!!!! We gave up and sold the house :( Chase Banks is the worst bank ever and they are nothing but criminals...PROCEED WITH CAUTION

@KELLCH

And I meant that we faxed them 26 times...they were not cashed 26 times...sorry :p

Don't feel bad. They did the same thing to my brother-in-law.

He has excellent credit. He bought a house using his 401K. The house needs some work so he went to Chase for a mortgage. He spoke with someone in the Port Charlotte office, sent his paperwork in, etc.

3 Months later? Hadn't heard a word from them. He called several times, went through several different people. Each time, he had to re-fax paperwork.

Said they didn't receive it, etc. Each time, the interest rates which had started off at 3.25% kept rising. He finally told the on a recorded phone call, "Just deny me already so I can sue you."

The loan was approved but with conditions. Pay off his motorcycle.

Not a problem, he was planning on that anyway. Pay off his credit cards. Again, not a problem, he was planning on doing that anyway also. The third condition was to pay off the mortgage on a duplex in his name back in his home state.

The house that he has already proven he pays no bills on because his brother (who built the house with him), pays all the bills on it. Not only that, but the remainder of that mortgage is only 5 years away. Why on earth would he pay off his brothers house and even if he did, why would he take a 5 year mortgage and jack it up to another 30 year mortgage? Their own employees said that they seemed to deliberately be putting conditions on the loan just so he would refuse it, which he did.

I told him that if I were him, I would be livid if they kept saying that I needed to resend my personal financial information time and time and time again. That's personal financial information! Same as healthcare facilities are responsible for their employees handling protected health information, banks should be held accountable for their employees losing personal financial information and charged accordingly. Chase deliberately screwed up the loan process so they wouldn't have to pay a lower interest rate.

Not only that but they valued the home at $90,000.00. My brother-in-law turned down their loan offer yesterday. He went to BOA and was approved same day, lower interest rate and the house was valued at $120,000.00 which is what the appraiser said it was worth.

Just goes to show, Chase thought they had him over a barrel and were ready, willing and able to take advantage of that. More people should fight them and perhaps make financial institutions accountable for their screw ups.

View more comments (2)
Chase Bank Mortgage

CHASE BANK IS FULL OF IT

THEY CHARGE YOU 34.00 IN NSF FEES.. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? AND THEN ANOTHER 15.00 FOR AN "EXTENDED OVERDRAFT FEE" IF YOU ARE IN THE NEGATIVE FOR MORE THAN 5 DAYS! WHERE DO THEY DO THAT AT? I ALSO CHECKED MY BALANCE AT A NON CHASE ATM WHERE THE ATM DOES NOT CHARGE YOU TO DO THAT. I GOT TO WORK TODAY AND WENT ONLINE TO LOOK AT MY ACCOUNT AND CHASE CHARGED ME 2.50 FOR EVERY TIME I CHECKED MY BALANCE AT AN ATM, ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS? THERE WAS OVER 15.00 WORTH OF "BALANCE INQUIRY FEES AT A NON CHASE ATM" WHEN I CALLED FOR A REFUND THEY ONLY CREDITED ME BACK 1.00.. WHAT A JOKE, I'M DONE WITH THEM!

Most banks do charge a NSF fee. Next time don't spend money you don't have.

Also, when you sign up with a bank, try reading their terms & conditions more carefully so you understand what their fees/charges are.

Chase Bank Account

Chase Bank review in Washington, District Of Columbia: False advertiser they do not honor zero liability they lie lie lie

my card was stolen i in may 6,2011 i filled the dispute form but they never issued me any provisional credit they took 150 days and every month i would call they would tell me they are still investiagating then after 120 days they told me we need a better copy of your id so i did and i got an email telling me that we closed the investiagation and we can not honor the provisional credit because its a prepaid card although their website saying your money is secure with us and they are part of zero liabilty but the manager who barely speaks english lies and say few thing i could not unerstand and say we are a debit if was our money they it will be protected so basicly he is telling to screw myself its not their money so they do not care about my money ..beware do not use this credit card company they are liers

My wife's BOA card was stolen 2x in the past year by a heroin addict -- my own adult child. Despite new locks on the house and even a new safe, the card was taken without our knowledge.

In total, over $7grand was taken. Bank of America also refused to honor their 0% Liability guarantee.

The solution -- I took them to court. Depending on how much was taken, file a claim in your small claims division against your bank for breach of banking agreement.

Chase Bank Credit Card

Chase Bank review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Complete runaround with short pay

chase bank is run by incompetent people from the person that answers the phone all the way up the food chain. their systems are designed to fail. Dealing with them in conducting a short sale can be compared to calling "Peggy" to cash in airline miles. Working a short pay transaction requires hours and hours of prepatation and inputing data into Chase's computer system. Chase consistantly looses the data, deletes the data, and cancels the deal. If you date call them to question any part of the deal, be prepared to be told that "chase doesn't have your authorization on file" even though you may have uploaded this data on seveal occasions. Speaking with a superviser means you get to speak with someone else. Your problem does not get solved, or your questions answered. Typically you will be told that "I'll email someone right away and they will be in contact". Chase is doing a great disservice to its customers, its clients, its staff, and to the entire banking industry. They should quit the banking business and pursue something more suited to their qualifications...raking leaves, sweeping gutters, wathching tv...as a nation, we deserve better treatment than what they are able to offer.
Chase Bank Loan

Chase Bank review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Why LBPS sucks and how we are counterattacking

LBPS is nothing more than a company whose sole purpose is to force you into foreclosure.I do not care what anyone says, thats exactly what they are. The begin by holding out as just another mortgage company,but beware. If you find yourself a new customer I advisr you to contact a lawyer asap. They wouldnt let me pay, they claimed the account had not been set up. The figures Chase Bank submitted when they transferred us are totally re-done by LBPS. Check your escrow. They had me calling nightly, I would be on the phone 3-4 hours. Well, there is a very large class action suit already in front of the court. Lawyers, not consumers started it. Want to join?? email anniecclancy@msn.com. We will prevail, you will recover damages.

I hate that ripoff thieving crook *** bank. Helping America my ***...Ripping off the taxpayers and poor in America more like it.

Greedy bastards!

They tried stealing the equity in my house. They would never give me a payoff quote. By the time I hired loan sharks, lawyers, realtors, paid fees fines etc...I lost 50k...What kind of rip off bs is that where you can't sell your house without a payoff quote from them. All they have to do is string it out till you fall so far behind thay take your home from you. I had many sales fall through all for more money.

I would call them and they and then wait a week and they would say they never talked to me or would always refer me around someswere else.Over and over and over again. I would call trustee and they would say it would take a week or two. After a week or two they would say I had to call Chase...back and forth. Finally after more than a month they would say they couldn't get a payoff quote because Chase computer system is being redone and I would have to wait..all the while my house is getting closer and closer to the auction date. I call Chase they have the same computer system they always had and I will have the quote in about a week or two...a week or two they have no idea and have to start over. I came one day from burning that house down and killing myself. I had an angel of a realtor helping me record. photo copy, get me loan sharks talk with them for hours on end or I would be dead today.

I had to photo copy, duplicate everything and finally threaten their lawyers with lawsuits. They are the most evil I have ever dealt with. Every time I would call I would have to start all over again and each time wait a week or two in between. Then call for payoff quote and have to do it all over again. That is motif operandi.

They are evil and when their CEO gets to be Treasury Secretary we are all screwed.

Helping America my ***. Ripping off the poor and tax payers more like it. Evil, Evil, Evil and I hope they all burn in ***. The stress they put me and what they put others through is criminal at the very least.

I haven't read one positive thing about them yet other than their propaganda commercials that they spend millions of our hard earned money on. Burn in *** Chase!

Chase Bank Customer Care

Chase Bank review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Chase Harassed Me "Holy Moly Mother of Mary"

I'm glad I found this site. I have been getting 6 - 9 calls from Chase a day, alternating between 800-848-9380 and Private Caller. I have not been late for several months however, they continue to want to know when I'm making my payment. I began answering their calls in the last couple months or so and just today handled four of their calls alone. Everytime they kept trying to talk over me because I would not confirm the name they were giving. I also told the guy to give me his phone number so I can call him ten times a day to see how he liked it but he talked over me. I asked several times for them to stop calling me and that I considered these numerous calls as harassment but they did not care and would continue to talk. Until I blew it on the last call I answered and said "Holy Moly Mother of Mary." I have no idea why I said that it was random because I normally cuzz but it was merely out of frustation and random. It worked. the guy actually stopped talking and hung up on me. I have not gotten one call from them after that. Go figure. Try it see if it works for you...

Chase Bank Scams

Chase bank find ways of manipuating your checking acct and delaying deposits sot hat you can accure fees. They say that they offer free checking but contrary. They will rearrange how transactions come through and they absolutely do not reverse fees. I've complained many times and to no avail and now I am finally done. I AM MOVING MY ACCOUNT ELSEWHERE! They do not offer any alternatives. Chase bank is not set up for the middle class but for the rich. I've have had the worst experiences in regarding to outrageous fees and rearranging charges on the account.

Ya, I got fee spike up to in my credit cards. Now I don't use my credit card anymore because of my new found grocery wealth.

GET PAY EVERY TIME PEOPLE BUY GROCERY!

Plus, SHOP AT WALMART or SAM'S CLUB for FREE! For Exciting Info e-mail to: groceryriches@yahoo.com

:zzz CHASE SUCKS

:( A few years back I had a credit card with Chase and they screwed me with a change of the terms of agreement. I was paying 200 a month and they jacked it up to 400.

so it's said that before Obamma passed the new laws they could do it. IMO criminal. Do no deal with Chase. Hopefully, a class action suit will someday come for the "terms of agreement" changes they imposed unfairly.

They didn't like the loan at 3.99% they gave me and had to find a way to get me/their loan back. Also, had been part of a class action suit that Chase had to pay me back 1500 dollars for over interest charges for 5 years when they moved to Chevy Chase Delaware.

Unfortunately, I only had 5 years of records or it would have been doubled. Would you think they would have kept records for over 5 years and actually released the evidence to consumers?

View more comments (2)

1.5
Compare Chase Bank vs Bank Of America

Latest Question

Chase Bank Questions
I have been receiving text messages on my cell phone. They advise me to "call JPMorgan Chase Bank regarding account activity". These messages are fraudulent, if you call the number given it asks for your credit card number, pin and expiration date. I never gave the...
Review
#194637 Review #194637 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Chase Bank Credit Card