2.0
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

My son has a disability and works at as a janitor 35 hours a week.He needed a bank to keep his $$.

I decided on Chase due a $200 promotion they had because he needed all the money he could get. When I signed him up, I told the banker that he would only be making about $700 a month and that we don't want to pay any fees. She said he wouldn't have any fees. The first month a $12 fee.

Wow. I called them and they said we have to have a balance of $1,500. What 21-year-old kid with a disability has this much money? So I deposited $1,500 of my own money.

We feel like we are in great shape. Then, the next month, another $12 fee. I am fierce at this point. I go into the branch this time and they tell me we have to keep a daily balance of $1,500 meaning if for 29 days you have over $1,500 and just one day it dips below - $12fee.

These people are charlatans and mercenaries. I have banked with Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Ally and Capital One - and NONE of them do this to young adults and/or people with disabilities. This is VERY despicable behavior.

We are switching banks immediately.Please do not give them your business.

Preferred solution: I want a checking account with NO fees. .

I didn't like: Discriminates against people with disabilities.

Had an Experience with Chase Bank?

Comments