On May 28, 2017 my wife purchased tickets from Vivid Seats for the Boise State vs.Virginia game to be played on September 22, 2017.

We did not receive any communication or confirmation of any kind from Vivid Seats. This concerned my wife so she looked into it further to find that the tickets were not released yet. So Vivid Seats sold us tickets they did not have. These were not marked as ‘Pre Sale’ tickets so it was very misleading.

My wife tried to contact Vivid Seats several times but there was no answer to phone calls and no response to the ‘chat’ option on their website. My wife then called Chase United Visa and opened a dispute. Chase United Visa tried to reach Vivid Seats when she opened the dispute but again there was no way to contact them. We were planning a 50th anniversary party for my wife’s parents and needed these tickets.

Again no communication or confirmation from Vivid Seats so on August 7, 2017 I called Chase and explained what I we had no communication from Vivid Seats and no way to reach them. I said that I was going to purchase new tickets and was told to go ahead and not to worry. Based on this reassurance from Chase I moved forward with the purchase of new tickets. On August 17, I received the first communication ever from Vivid Seats which was an email with a link to my tickets.

I immediately called Chase and told them what happened. I told them I was not accepting these tickets. Again I was told not to worry. I said that I was going to send an email to Vivid giving them formal notice that I was returning the tickets.

The agent at Chase told me this wasn’t necessary but that I could do it if I wanted and I did. On August 31, I received an email from Vivid telling me the tickets are mine. I called Chase and was told they were standing behind the purchase. (See attached for these emails.) On this call I asked Chase to go back and listen to all the calls and to do what they said they would do.

I have since called back two times to follow up and see if Chase has listened to the recorded messages. Today I was told that the messages were listened to and because nobody told me the case would be resolved in my favor that there was nothing else that could be done.

I was then transferred to a supervisor who after talking through this further told me the dispute was being reopened with Vivid Seats.Here is the bottom line: Purchased tickets on May 28 with no indication the tickets we were purchasing were ‘pre sale’ No confirmation or communication of any kind from Vivid Seat so looked into it and realized the tickets were not released yet Made several attempts to contact Vivid Seats Opened dispute with Chase United Visa Purchased new tickets on August 7 after being reassured by Chase not to worry Received email with tickets on August 17 Called Chase immediately and was told not to worry Now told by Chase that the sale is final and the charge is back on my account

Review about: Chase Bank Customer Care.

Monetary Loss: $1920.

I didn't like: Customer serves lied to me, Chase did not return calls, I spent countless hours dealing with this.

Had an Experience with Chase Bank?

Comments