Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

They took $750.up front for a refinance and put me through a half dozen hurdles collecting all my records.

Then they have delayed and delayed, 3 months, now at 5 months. I have made dozens of calls and none have been returned. It is deplorable. Dont do business with these thieves.

They took $750.

up front for a refinance and put me through a half dozen hurdles collecting all my records. Then they have delayed and delayed, 3 months, now at 5 months. I have made dozens of calls and none have been returned.

It is deplorable.Dont do business with these thieves.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Chase Bank?

Comments

skipperhub

Normally a drop of less than one percent is not worth the trouble with the usual closing costs.I can't imagine why a bank or anyone would want to voluntarily lower your rate without a profit motivation in the form of closing costs or something.

I assume that the terms of the loan will be extended so that would provide for some return to them for their effort. I think I would just ask them the question up front. Why? Whats in it for you?

We all understand tht a business of any sort has to make a reasonable profit but the key word is 'reasonable'. You have to make your own decision about what is reasonable. I deal offered by any institution with what appears to be zero profit for them is a red flag. There is no such thing as something for nothing.

Maybe they are trying to fill a quota or something.Only they have the answer.

Michael Fagerwick

I have been working on a Refi with Chase for 4 weeks.I have a 825 FICO & verifiable income.

They have called me 20X & asked for one ting after another even through they have had the prior loan for 8 years.DO NOT refi with them!

lw

I know two people personally who have been turned down for a refinance from Chase who should have gotten the refinance.One of these people has enough money in investments to buy the property outright three times over, and is a psychologist.

They both have perfect credit.Chase does not want to refinance your property and they will do anything to deny you.

Cesar

I just received a letter offering a refi offer so I proceeded to go to their website to find out I can't find the offer. I then entered info to find out I do not qualify for any time of refinance. This is what happens when banks and government do anything together.

Sarah

Kevin, tell me more about what happened?I just experienced the same thing.

I paid them a $400 application fee, only to find close to the closing date that I could not afford what they told me I had to pay at closing.

The could have told me this earlier in the process.Also, they told me one thing and then told me something else later.

Kevin

I have been jerked around for almost 2 months after paying the fee for the refinance.I was set to go to close and once again the numbers changed by 5K.

I am waiting to hear why.I believe CHASE is running a scam.

BBB

I provided all the information in March 2009, Chase asked for it again months later because it was too old.Then did that again months later.

When I called again in mid-2010 they said I personally canceled the modification request but I had faxed (and had proof) the 3rd repeat requested information the day after they said I canceled the request. Then I was called in Nov 2010 to refinance. I did all the paperwork and waited to close.

I lost my job in late Dec 2010 so they would not refinance now.So almost 2 years later from my initial attempt, I am unemployed and never got my loan refinanced.

Steve K
Logan Village, Queensland, Australia #215748

Chase is great if you have good credit and actually qualify...anyone who does not have good credit or a verifiable income will not qualify anywhere ...Chase is heavily regulated as are all the big banks...this is what you get with the Obama administration and his Czars...

Carol J
to Steve K #642866

Dahhhh!!!!What you just stated is the way the system is suppose to work.

The whole housing industry collapsed and we are dealing with the aftermath because mortgage loans were made with people who otherwise wouldn't qualify to purchase a hat pin let alone thousands of dollars for a home. No regulations allow greedy institutions to do whatever they want to take advantage of the consumer and allow CEO's who already make millions of dollars to walk away with even more in retirement packages after ripping us off. Blame Obama if you want but someone had to take a step toward leveling the playing ground.

This country has gone overboard for too long with the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.I can see what side of the fence you're on based on your ignorant comment.

matthew.