San Diego, California
4.3K views

I recently received a payment from a friend for $100 through Chase quick pay. I am not a Chase customer, but Chase advertises that with their Quick Pay service you can send cash to anyone.

This is far from the truth. After filling out four pages of account information and providing passwords and other verifying information, Chase was "unable to verify" my account. Then, I had to call Chase customer service for help, which didn't resolve the problem and wasted more of my time.

The solution was to have my friend cancel the quick payment and write me a check that I deposited through my own banks mobile deposit app in 30 seconds. Stay away from this time-consuming and ineffective service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Chase Bank Account.

Comments

I set it up not being a chase customer but a BOA customer it has been a disaster I would not advise this service.

Why not just use direct wire transfers

#1206560

Then you were in the wrong section

#1206555

I have and hade cqp even as a non chase customer and have had not one single issue sure as a non chase customer I had to provide my Acct #and routing # but had no issues with it at all I love this service I recommend it to everyone

A tenant tried to pay me with this horrible service. Who do they think will actually use this?

They must trick the Chase customer into thinking it is easier for them but with disregard for the recipient. The strangest thing about all of this is that Chase offers FREE online bill pay for their clients so they could just issue that!

Here is a link with nice simple instructions on how to use it! https://www.chase.com/online/digital/online-bill-pay.html

Quick pay is garbage!

I have found the exact same problem. I have sent money via quick pay from my non-Chase account to my son's Chase account.

There is absolutely nothing quick about it. They hold the funds for four days before depositing them into his account. So to combat the hold, I started depositing cash into his account at a local Chase branch. I was informed today that they will no longer accept cash from someone not listed on the account .If I use a check, the deposit will not be available for a couple of days.

After today, my son is going to close his account. They definitely do not care about their customers.

@Aggravated mother

Aggravated mother...by your own comments YOU ARE NOT A CHARM CUSTOMER....D U M B F =%^

@Aggravated mother

It's that way at any bank in the US. For instant transfers you must belong to the same bank as they can verify the amounts instantly.

The US still uses ACH (Automated Clearing House) for all transfers between banks.

This is a Federal requirement in the US.

Chase Quick Pay works great.

It is quicker than writing a check, but it is processed the same as if you had written a check (again, as required by federal law).

The people at fault are the small banks in the United States who will not upgrade to computer systems that allow instant fund verification. This is why the US cannot move away from the ACH.

@Aggravated mother

This is a Federal requirement in the US.

Chase Quick Pay works great.

@Aggravated mother

The lady at our Chase in town here said I could make a quick pay account to pay a person with a Chase account even though I didn't have a Chase account. NOT!!!!

I tried to make an account as a non Chase person and it said I couldn't because I didn't have a Chase account. Wow, sure makes sense to me. They quit taking cash a while back but I now use my debit card to put cash in my daughter's Chase account and it is instantly there.

It does take a day or two to come out of my account though. I knew about the check taking so long to clear which is ***.