Lakeland, Minnesota

Nine months ago after I had lost my job I was on hold at Chase Bank and they were promoting their loan modification program so I agreed to talk to someone. I was prequalified for trial payments I could afford, I thought all was well.

Well the first four months I continued to get daily collection calls up to six times a day. Every time I called I got a different person with a different answer. Finally somebody acknowleded that they never put me in the system. Again I though all was well.

The next five months were spent calling them every two weeks, endlessly faxing the same documents over and over again. I sent them 150 pages of documents! Eventually they took over my insurance and tax payments without my permission, I had no escrow set up. Finally nine months later I got a letter saying I do not qualify for any modification program. Their reason?

They will recieve less money if they modify the loan! Duh, that is the purpose of the whole program, the government pays them the difference.

I think they are liars and have no intention of modifying loans. They just want the free government money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Chase Bank Mortgage.

Comments

ADVERTISING MATERIAL

To Call For Assistance: 866-781-0725

Monday – Friday, 9am – 8pm EST

Saturday, 10am – 5pm EST

1 Why are you getting this notice?

If you have already retained a lawyer for this matter, please disregard this letter. Is your principle loan balance more than what your home is worth? Have you exhausted your requests for help from your lender in getting your loan modified?

Our office is in the process of filing a Complex Tort Action (lawsuit) against lenders on behalf of homeowners throughout the country for potentially fraudulent lender/servicer actions. We are not in the business of seeking loan modifications as statistics have shown that loan modifications are not a long term solution to homeowners' problems.

The goal of this litigation is to reduce the interest rate, monthly payment, and

principal balance for qualified borrowers through litigation. Additionally, we will seek monetary compensation for damages.

If you are experiencing foreclosure or sale date problems, our team can help guide you in the proper direction.

To determine whether your loan or mortgage matches the criteria being considered for a potential lawsuit, please contact this office to learn more, CALL 1-866-781-0725 Corey Lassiter

The Berger Law Group, P.A., is a collective of attorneys investigating the methods and practices used by banks, originators, servicers and other participants to induce borrowers into financing or refinancing high cost or high interest rate mortgages.

Factors that we consider and investigate to determine your eligibility as it relates to Alleged Deceptive Practices and Investigation of Alleged Misrepresentation:

(i) The Defendants' deception in inducing Plaintiffs to enter into loans and mortgages from approximately 2001 through 2010 and which were acquired or are serviced by Defendants;

(ii) The illegal use of MERS (The Mortgage Electronic Registration System) in connection with those loans and mortgages, and Mortgage Note Origination;

(iii) The Defendants’ failure to perform their obligations required pursuant to accepting modification TARP funds;

(iv) The Defendant’s breach of Plaintiffs’ statutorily protected rights;

(v) The Defendants’ breach and willful violation of numerous consumer and homeowner

protection statutes, and the willful violations of unfair business practices statutes;

(vi) Accepting money, transferring alleged assets, and foreclosing upon alleged assets in instances where the alleged assets do not exist, and which these Defendants have no right, title, or interest upon which they can act, Patriot Act Violations/Unlawful Funding of Note;

(vii) Defendant’s continuing tortuous conduct.

Please be advised: Statutes of limitations have begun to toll, and this is a factor which may bar your claims in the

future.

We are not sponsored by or affiliated with your current lender. Before making your choice of attorney, you should give this matter careful thought. The selection of an attorney is an important decision. Pre-selection criteria and audit of home loan consists of loan amount, loan to value percentages, date of loan, and residential jurisdiction. Eligibility status for representation is based on numerous criteria. Results will vary on a case by case basis. We do not guarantee a successful outcome. The Berger Law Group can help you determine whether the available legal alternatives are appropriate for your personal circumstances. This advertisement does not constitute legal advice. Our team of lawyers coordinated by The Berger Law Group, P.A., have substantial experience in lender fraud and related claims.

I worked at two very large banks in the past six years in mortgage modification dept. I was a single point of contact.

What a joke these banks are they are not trying to help homeowners. I would have to sit in many meetings just to hear “if a borrower gets declined tell them short sale or foreclosure and move on to the next borrower” 99% of distressed borrowers blame their single point of contact for not doing their job correctly. We are fired and walked out the office by security if we try to give information to the borrower that will get them approved. Try sleeping at night knowing that today might be your last day at work just because you wanted to do the right thing.

Try sleeping at night knowing you were the cause of some family loosing their home. This is happening nationwide. A true modification should take only four months—-first month submit documents and get approved——three months of trial payments—–permanent modification done. Its not rocket science.

Also underwriters need to get their heads out of their ***. Further more, if this so called government making home affordable is supposed to help distressed homeowners then why would the modification be done only if it benefits the investor. Weren’t the banks the perpetrator behind this disgusting mess in the first place?.

I have a lot of resentment towards banking institutions because I was fired for trying to help a homeowner. I could go on for hours

#520211

Most of us paid our mortgage for years & when things got rough we went to chase and wanted to work out payment plans NOT "NON" payment plans CHASE is a bunch of greedy F#$^K's

Who care about no one AND THEY LIE!!!

They let us default and then they can collect PMI funds forclse and sell for pennys on the dollar. this process is destroying our middle class.

THey give people false hope and do little to help them in the end ,P.S> I hope theirs no one to help you when the wolf comes to YOUR door get your head out of your *** and turn off FOX news.

Seems to me, when Chase denys a mod, its the same as saying its decision to have granted a motgage in the first place was a correct decision. When it grants a mod is the same as saying it shoulnt have.

Mod denied..the troubles with the borrower; mod granted..the troubles with Chase. Seems to me it will grant mods only if Ordered having exausted every way to delay and at the end of venue. I dout Chase is in any rush to use up the proceeds of the funds. The funds bailed out the Banks, the the Banks want to stay bailed out.

Seems to me the people that need a mod most are the least likily to insist a mod is meaningfully granted. I sincerely wish you all the best.

This is helpful reading I am glad I stumbled upon it. I have been in the modification process for almost 90 days and still have yet to be contacted by our account representative "Susan".

Im pretty sure she must not exist. I call twice to three times a week (and ask for Susan but somehow manage to wind up talking to who will not transer me)to see where in the process this is because if it doesn't go through I will lose my home. My husband and I are good honest hard working people who fell on bad times with an emergency and then a job loss (which he quickly obtained another job but only to take a 6 dollar an hour pay cut.) I keep getting a different story of where in the process it's at and each person I speak to tells me it could be another 60ish days. Im fed up.

I called this afternoon and demanded to speak to this Susan person and still no luck.

What is the deal here?? Does this sound fishy to anyone else??

The nightmare of Chase Bank......

In December of 2009, I found out I was losing my job as a self employed medical transcriptionist, working from home due to car accident related injuries. I had this job for 8 years. We contacted Chase, our mortgage holder (for the small older home we bought in 2007 before the housing market fell), to tell them what was about to happen to be proactive so we would not run into any credit problems and have them help us with an easy solution. HA HA.

It's been 16 months. If anyone I knew did our jobs the way Chase did, they would all be fired. The reason I have lost my job as a medical transcriptionist is because of the wonderful government’s involvement of the EMR systems that doctors must use for their medical records. This takes away the jobs of transcriptionists, and is a faulty system to say the least. Doctors should be treating patients, not having their nose in a computer. So the government sticks their nose into medical records, and it’s a mess. Well, it can’t be any worse than what they have done with the mortgages…thank you Chase. The head of Chase has been very vocal about how he doesn’t approve or agree with the HAMP program because people have signed a contract (i.e., mortgage) and they must pay it and that’s his thing. (and he gets a $19 million pay raise)......Well, he had no problem taking the billions of dollars from the government did he? Couldn’t put his hand out fast enough. And our tax dollars bailed them out. Oh, and we were also told during this time not to pay any mortgage (when I asked if we could be a reduced amount) because I was told if we could pay, then we didn't need help.

Right before I found out about my job, I had a car accident, injuring my neck. So we’ve had tons of medical bills. Physical therapy, surgery, co-pays, portions insurance doesn’t pay. Our medical bills have been running around $1200-$1500 a month. We told Chase that too. And that is not going to change anytime soon, thank you lady who doesn’t know red means stop.

As soon as I knew I was losing my job, I called to say – look – what we can we do about our mortgage? So we talked about the HAMP program and we did all we had to do to apply. Copying TONS of papers, UPSing the package of information ($10 of copying, $49 for UPS times seven because of Chase's incompetence, losing paperwork, allowing it to "expire" (and we have found out that’s the norm). We called them every week. Every blessed week. I have a list of names longer than the nations that we spoke with. As stated above, from department to department to department, each individual telling us something completely different. Every week. They don’t know what color their own underwear is. After being told time and time again that we had no “relationship manager”, our paperwork finally “expired” and we had to reapply. So we went through it again. Went through the same mess again – week after week after week as my paycheck got lower and lower. We are now making about $3000 less a month and can’t make our mortgage payments. Our house isn’t big. It’s an old style farmhouse that we have put $50,000 in to fix up (my adorable kitchen 8 x 8). We weren’t the people who bought a house out of our means.

Anyhow. After the second time of the paperwork expiring, my husband went nuts and told them this had to be resolved that very day. Now this was 6 months into the process. Maybe two weeks later, we finally got a relationship manager. Had to send ALL OF THE PAPERWORK AGAIN…..Each time, copying fees, UPsing fees. Ok so now because of Chase’s delay, we were 8 months behind on our mortgage. Our credit is toast. And guess what? One Friday, we finally got a package from Chase. Yeah, they lowered our mortgage $75 a month. What a modification. That helps. How much did they get of OUR taxpayer money to help people in need???? Really? What a freaking slap in the face. Shame on them. Our relationship manager, Elizabeth, told us if this modification was not to our satisfaction, we should reapply, and we did, and heard nothing. Now realize that during this time, Chase either lost our paperwork or let it expire 7 times. We had to continually reapply. During this time, my pay steadily declined as I was losing my job progressively. Because of Chase's delay (16 months), our credit it beyond repair. Can we even rent anywhere? Will anyone even give us a chance? I couldn't even charge a hot dog at this point the way Chase has destroyed our credit.

It's now April of 2011. We still have heard nothing. We have gotten letters from Chase stating they are working on our modification (about every three days), even from people who when you call their number and extension, don’t exist at Chase. We have gotten a letter stating that foreclosure will start on a specific date. We were then, two days later, informed they were still working on our modification. Then we were notified by a congressman’s office that we contacted, that we were not approved because we didn’t have enough income. NO KIDDING. That’s why we need a modification. BUT, when we contacted Chase for about the 899th time, we were told that was incorrect, and they were still working on our modification. Carol, the woman my husband has spoken with twice now (cause we actually have her extension) says that the foreclosure information is wrong because they are still working on it and she emailed the underwriter to see the status. I was told that in February of 2010!!!!! OMW - you need Prozac to deal with this incompetence. Christopher Elkins - a name on so many letters. We've been told to call - never calls back even though his voice mail says he will return your call within 24-48 business hours. I'm thinking hours means years???? (or he is another phantom name of a person who doesn’t exist). Another two letters, we contacted that woman only to be told she doesn't work for Chase. Are you flipping kidding me????????? So now, 16 months into this mess, we are still here. Can they be anymore incompetent? They are a joke. Yet when they asked for help, we taxpayers had to bail them out. What can be done about this mess????? So guess what - this is going to TV stations, congressmen, senators, talk show hosts, it's going everywhere that has a mailing address. And I can only pray it helps us and the hundreds of thousands of other people in the same predicament.

So now an addendum that will blow your minds......Yesterday, on 4/20/2011, we received two letters from the magnificent Chase. One letter was dated 4/12, from the same infamous Tosha Hayes stating again (it's the same flipping letter we have about 10 copies of with different dates) that they are working on it and we will have an answer within 15 days. Remember- she doesn't exist. Ok it's only been 16 months. Then another letter dated 4/16, stating that no, we are denied. We are not qualified for a modification. We will lose our home. We have 30 days to contact them or they will begin foreclosure. So I called them and spoke with a woman named Jen, who certainly seemed like she had a brain. She said thatletter is the final determination. Our mortgage doesn't qualify for a modification. So unless we begin making more money quickly, there is no other alternative but to do a short sale. Now keep in mind, we called Chase the day we found out I was losing my job because we wanted to avoid the credit trash we have become, and to keep our home. 16 months later, 80,000 phone calls, stress and anxiety that would make your head spin, we are losing it anyway. Way to go Chase. I realize I had probably repeated myself and been a little run on, but that's the way we feel at this point. Someone needs to step up to the plate and hold these people accountable for the lives they are destroying.

Addendum: Ok – so Chase has decided now that we don’t make enough money to help us. We don’t make enough money for a modification. Ummm duh – that’s the problem. Our income has gone done because all I could find was part-time work making a lot less money. That’s why you need a modification. I could give you the countless names we have spoken to in the last two months (with dates and details of the conversation), but our choices are foreclosure or short sale (or deed in lieu of). Needless to say, no realtors want to touch a short sale with Chase – imagine that! They know you can’t talk to anyone. That no one ever gets back to you, and that it’s impossible to deal with them. Why would a potential buyer want to deal with that????? And now we read that Chase is willing to pay over $11 million in penalties, rather than help people with modifications? Really????? How is any of this legal??? Our tax dollars bailed them out???? The words I could use for these people are not words a lady should use. But trust me, they are on the tip of my lips should you want to know what they are. After consulting our realtor and then a lawyer, our house is on the market. We will see what happens. Nothing has sold in our area in forever. We have 10 homes for sale in a ½ mile radius – two that were on the market for over a year. Chase – if that’s what you want – I guess that is what you get cause our government doesn’t seem to be able to stop you. HUD is a waste. Meeting with them got our hopes up only to have them to absolutely nothing. Again – couldn’t return phone calls or follow through with what they said they would do. It’s no wonder people go postal. Do you know that when we talked with the “loss mitigation” department of Chase the one time (many many many times, more times than I care to remember), we were told that when we do a short sale, they will assume the house and take the keys. So we found a place to rent, sold furniture, got rid of things (smaller house), etc.,. only to have Chase tell us – oh no – that’s not right. You are responsible for the house. You need to keep the utilities on, cut the grass, etc. Really? Cause we are making less money so how could we do that????? Could any of you maybe know what you are talking about before you talk to humans???? Shame on all of them. So we can’t take the rental. So if our house should sell, who knows where we will go with the credit Chase has caused us to have.

When calling Chase, they tell us we are nowhere near foreclosure. It’s been over 17 months with this roller coaster with Chase destroying our credit. Our house is worth nowhere near what we owe on it, and sadly, we put over $50,000 into it. And it’s not even worth what we paid for it, much less what we put into it. Only in America.

And because the government screwed with the health care system so badly, heaven only knows when I will ever find a medical transcription job getting paid a salary whereby we can have a house again. I don’t ever see it happening. Work being done by computers in all areas of employment, not just my field. Work being outsourced (and they wonder why there is a high unemployment rate????). Maybe I should run the country……

So we are just updating and passing on what is happening in the real world. Hope you take the time to read this. Something needs to be done and soon. There is only so much Xanax in the world to help people deal with this mess.

Three years ago I filled out the paperwork for the modification loan program. I had to refile the paperwork several times before they told me it was correct.

I waited about three months and then started calling them every day until I got someone that told me I didn't qualify. They told me that *** Mac denied me. I called *** Mac (Chase gave me the phone number) and *** Mac told me I wasn't in their system. They had no record of any paperwork every being sent by Chase.

I went to a specialest that handled low income seniors and they helped me fill out the paperwork again. Of course they told me it wasn't done correctly. I refiled the pages they told me was not correct. They finally confirmed it was correct and they would contact me in about 6 weeks.

After six weeks I started calling again. Now they are telling me no paperwork had ever been filed. I hope no one is with Chase still! I have proof that I filed the clams with return receipts, signed by the Chase representative in the loan modification program.

I was able to get a streamline loan to move away from Chase and am now looking to sue them for fraud. Good luck to the rest of you!!!

I finally submitted a claim with our state Attorney General. They went to bat hard for us.

After three months of the AG calling Chase every week they finally agreed to modify our loan.

This process that was supposed to be 3 months ended up being 22 months. Without out the AG we would have lost our house. This was during the time last fall when all the AG's in all fifty states were filing complaints against the big banks. The timing of this helped us I believe because the banks were under such scrutiny.

This ordeal was the worst nightmare I have ever seen and continue to believe it was all on purpose by the banks. They force you into foreclosure by dragging out the mod process so long that you are so behind you can't catch up. They then take your house, sell it and get more money from the Government, Fannie and Freddie.

A scam for sure! Without help they would not have budged, they were extremely incompetent.

So what is your plan, now that you have been denied?

DO NOT CALL THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE

The attorney generals office will take your complaint but won't do anything for you, you need to talk to someone who has authority over chase bank.

To complain about your treatment from chase bank. You need to get a hold of the COMPTROLLER, Chase bank has to answer to them, file a complaint with them, I did and got action fast. Here is the correct information to call them.

OFFICE OF THE COMPTROLLER OF THE CURRENCY

CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE GROUP.

1301 MCKINNEY ST. STE 3450

HOUSTON, TX 77010-9050

FAX 1-713-336-4301

I stronly urge you to do fax so you have a paper trial of your efforts to stop Chase in their tracks! Comptroller wants proof of the wrong doing. A paper trial will help you if you have to go to court or bankruptcy court.

After a year of trying to get my loan with Chase Modify. I finally got a letter stating that I do not qualify because my credit is too good.

I even get copies from all the major credit reporting agencies. So I stopped paying my mortgage for 3 months now. I've been getting phone calls from Chase every week asking me to pay for the missed payments. On every Wednesday they call and just listens on the other end, not saying anything.

I know it's them because their number is on my caller ID so I call that number back and sure enough it is Chase on the other line. Every Thursday, they wold called and ask me if I would like to make arrangements to pay for the missed payments.

Which I told them "***, NO! I'M KEEPING MY MONEY SO I CAN GET A RENTAL WHEN YOU EVICTED ME".

#208804

Just another drop out, drunk who has 0 idea of what is going on in this country, he or she does not care that the banks are stealing tax dollars- because he or she doesnt work- What a ***-

#201779

Sounds like all you people expect to live in your house for free. The help for homeowers bill is just like living on welfare!!!!

Why don't you all just pay your mortgage! I have no respect for any of you

#194476

I went through identical situations with Chase on my home modification. I requested letters to be sent to me with what documents were needed. Instead I was called several times a day, week, month after my trial period payments ended.

By May I received a letter stating I did not qualify for a government modification, however Chase could not tell me why. Then I was told that I was going to get paperwork for a Chase modification. I asked what the gentlemen meant and he stated that my payments would go up by $300 a month from my original loan. I told him I couldn't afford it.

I called back the following Monday and was told to send new financial documents with a letter stating my new income. I did so. I was again told that my modification was under review. I received another letter stating my modification was at risk, so I called Chase back and was told not to worry. I was in an open modification and my new income was under review and they would send me new "Chase Modification" documents. I explained to several people at Chase that I did not receive their first "modification" documents. I was told new one's would be coming.

I was to be giving birth to my daughter at the end of the month and explained that to them. I waited for the paperwork, but never received it. I then get a letter on my door stating that I had 10 days to move out of my home. All this just days after I get home from the hospital with my newborn. I call Chase only to be put on hold for 45 minutes and then told that my home sold at auction the day I came home from the hospital.

I hired an attorney who is little help. There seems to be no protection for consumers from the lies the lenders representatives tell. I call them hired paper pushers. Obama gave billions to the leading 4 lenders to assist homeowners from losing their homes. The lenders are required to give weekly reports as to where the money is going and have refused to do so. Only 21% of the hundreds of thousands of people who applied for modifications in 2009 have actually received a true Obama Modification, while the rest of us lose our homes to the lies of the lenders hired paper pushers.

When we were 3 months behind they advised of of the obama plan, mod process, ect. We got preapproved for the process.

Starting then they wouldn't take any full houspayments. We finally got approved in May, have the approval statement, said send no money, a payment schedule would be coming. We then offered payments they wouldn't take. We later called in July about when our payment plan would be coming and told they were behind, it's coming.

Called three weeks ago..Our home being place up for auction.WHAT, we were approved, no one called us, not one letter that we had somehow been dissaproved. All they would say is after we were approved their computer spit out some paperwork out of date..You think that would've happened before the approval as we sent hundreds of papers as requested on time.

We ask can we submit that paperwork needed and told yes that it was in the mail. We didn't get it and called back, lady said it was in the mail again..never got it. Called again and told a site where we could go print the forms.

So we printed every form on that site and mailed them. Called, we were missing forms, what forms...Told and looked and they weren't on tha site, on another site. So she put them in the mail. They never came.

We called and after hours of holding, were told the time had passed to file the forms, so too late. My house goes on auction this weeks.

How....If they had told me I wasn't approved I would've sold it myself, over 70K of equity in it. They are criminals.

It has now been fourteen months in modification nightmare. Same story as all of you, lost papers, a new contact with someone who is supposedly going to help you.

I now have a sheriff sale date set for my house that I have lived in for 12 years. They denied us based on complete errors in our income on their part, was told they would take a second look, they never processed it, instead are foreclosing on us. I now have the State Attorney General involved, I hope this will help. They are very aware of what Chase is up to, I hope Chase is hit with a class action lawsuit.

They are so incometent it is not funny, but ever worse I am convinced it is all on purpose, they are collecting billions in late fees from all of us in addition to the billions they got from the government. They are crooks but the media pays no attention.

I suggest everyone file a formal complaint with your Attorney General. It took awhile but they are fighting for us.

Think about getting your mortgage audited for fraud before submitting to the lies of modifing. The audits I had done have made the banks lawyer scramble. If you would like more information about these audits I had done, cresidoencasa@yahoo.com

We too have had the same issues with EMC/CHASE since December 2008, WHEN THEY MADE A MISTAKE IN THEIR COMPUTER AND STARTED REFUSING OUR MONEY. Loan mod trial plan after loan mod trial plan, and now they want another one. Check out my FB PAGE SAVE OUR HOMES AND LET'S JOIN TOGETHER SO THAT THE HOMEOWNER WILL PREVAIL.

Us too. Been waiting for months on a response on our modification with chase.

Two days ago we finally received a letter stating we were declined for not providing requested documents but they can't tell us what documents are missing and won't help us now. Wish they wouldn't have wasted our time. We faxed all they asked for.

I don't think they ever intended to help but only to push it further out to ensure forclosure was reached. We r going to an outside company to refi.

I have also been in a year long battle with the Einsteins at chase bank for a loan mod, I did exactly what they told me , played the fax game , played the lost page 4,5 & 6 game, and now I get denial and forecloser paper work , I have never spoken to the same person EVER !!! Its real simple give up the loan mod`s Chase Your a bank not realtors, Or if you want to auction of our properties sell them back to us for the loss,(yea right) I guess if it makes sence , You cant do it.

MP