Raleigh, North Carolina

Signed up for Chase / Amazon.com credit card with Chase. Card came in the mail, and when I called to acknowledge receipt and activate the card, the rep emphasized the great rewards program with an introductory deal, specifically "all points will be tripled for the first 90 days."

"Really?" I asked. "So, each dollar that would normally earn 1 would get 3 points, 2 would be 6, and the points with Amazon (3 for every dollar) would be 9 points? Am I understanding this correctly?"

"That's absolutely correct!" said the cheerful rep.

The next day, I called Chase back to verify the triple points scheme delineated above. "Let me check on your program...yes that's right, thank you very much!" said "Roger" from Bangalore. So, I started using the Chase card for everything, in place of my Amex that has a much better cashback points program.

Lo and behold when the bill comes, there's no tripling of points. I called Bangalore again to inquire and was told they'd have to escalate the issue and I'd hear back in 7-10 days, "thank you very much."

I got a form letter in the mail two weeks later, thanking me for my inquiry and reciting the normal 1/2/3 point program. NOTHING about the introductory triple-points. So I called tonight, spoke with an English speaking rep who told me, "yeah dude, there's no triple points period with that card. There are some triple point promos for some of their other cards (e.g. Sony) for the first 90 days. But not your card."

"So....OK, your counterparts at Chase told me, twice, that there was a 90-day triple-point promo period. I'm not making this up. Dude. Are you telling me that Chase does not want to take any opportunity to address this."

"Yeah, pretty much...to be blunt, you're not going to get triple points, you might as well just give it up."

AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE, CHASE. IT'S ALMOST LIKE YOU WENT OUT OF YOUR WAY TO *** OFF A CONSUMER. I WASN'T EVEN EXPECTING TRIPLE POINTS WHEN I SIGNED UP FOR THE CARD. *YOUR PEOPLE* ARE THE ONES THAT WERE PUSHING IT, AFTER I'D ALREADY RECEIVED THE CARD.

***.

Product or Service Mentioned: Chase Bank Credit Card.

Comments

#196187

Wow, that's frustrating. They did the same trick to me :cry

I'm not surprised. So far, Chase has screwed me out of two rewards offer. I'm in the process of looking for another bank who actually have some credibility.