Farmingville, New York

My heart breaks for each and every circumstance here. I have been either a science teacher or school administrator for the past 10 years. In June I received notice that my position was being abolished due to budget cuts. We have our mortgage with Chase. Simultaneously Chase added 500.00 to our current mortgage payment ( paid regularly for 1.5 years) stating they "noticed" a deficit in escrow? No explanation..no prior notice..so our payment increased from 3,464 to 3,964 the same month I lost my position. Thankfully my husband still has his position, however, on Long Island, dropping to one income with three kids in college left us unable to make the regular payment, let alone the increased payment. We started the loan modification process in July and were notified our three trial payments would be close to what the reduced payment would be once approved for final modification 2,800. The 3 mos turned into 7 mos. During this time I am still unemployed and receive the maximum 405.00 weekly in unemployment. We faxed and resubmitted the same documents time and again. Every month we received late statements with no record, other than my bank statements, showing the reduced payments made monthly. Finally we receive the fedex with the final paperwork. I will not waste time including the hours and hours on hold, talking to representatives that had conflicting stories on the same day, and the emotional and physical impact this has had on our lives. I see we have all experienced the same incompetence and lack of decency provided by Chase. I open the FEDEX with trembling hands, tears of joy streaming down my face....yes the 2800.00 monthly will continue to be a struggle but we can remain in our home right??????

Chase added over 21,000 to our principal increasing it from 354,000 to over 370,000, our monthly payment ongoing will be over 3,400 a month. 67.00 a month less than when we started this whole process. Mind you, it arrived stating I have 12 days to sign and return. I left 27 messages for the loan negotiator. Not one returned. I spoke to 9 chase employess in the loss mitigation office before one connected me to the negotiators supervisor voice mail. I left 6 messages with him without response. Finally another Chase representative emailed the loan negotiator internally and her supervisor. The negotiator finally called me. When I questioned her figures... we were given a drop in interest rate from 6.75% to 4.75% and yet the monthly payments were 67.00 less? She stated that we have a balance of 39,000 dollars due and that was the best they could do for us. When I got up off the floor...I asked her how we had a 39,000 past due amount when we have been making the required payments and had not been late at the onset of this process, she could not answer. 3 days and a nervous break down later,I contacted the executive office for Chase today at 3:00 PM EST. By 3:45 the negotiator called me and said that even though she knew nothing would change..she would have her supervisor( the one who did not return over 16 voice mail messages from me prior) look over the account!!! I have 4 days left to sign and return this modification before the whole thing expires. What Chase is doing to loyal, hard working and honest customers is criminal!!

Contact me for a class action suit. These people have destroyed my health and my life!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Chase Bank Mortgage.

Comments

Please contact me if there are any attorneys or individuals in NJ who want to try a class action suit, Chase id trying to put me back into my home, after it has been full of black mold due to neglect by their property managers, they still can not tell mee who has a legal deed, and they allowed my second mortgage holder to evict me.... this was two years ago I still have an active mortgage on the books and they keep sending me modification forms. Noo straight answers HELP

We had this EXACT same thing happen to us! We were given the hope and promises of a reduction, temporarily reduced to $1,550 for three months from $2,300.

Finally, received the paperwork to complete the process, our payment was "adjusted" to $2,180.

I was quite taken aback and contacted Chase. Their simple response was, "we are not sure why that was the amount, I guess that is what the underwriters felt that the adjustment should be"

Now, our home is $75,000 underwater, 20% loss from our purchase price and we've still been struggling to a point of just giving up hope. This whole process was just another scam.

In 2006 my mother died leaving me a home that Chase took over the morgage from WAMU, because my name wasn't on the loan they refused to give me a pay off amount (only about a thousand dollars was owed) It went into forclosure so I paid over the amount. They owe me a refund which they won't pay and wouldn't release the loan.

I hired a lawyer who threatened to take leagal action, the released the house but never paid back the the refund or sent me any paperwork. I think sombody wanted a cheap house

My mortgage was recently transferred to Chase home loans. I have to say they have no clue what is happening in their accounts.

We have always paid on time in full. As soon as the payment was moved to them they lost it. We have been in contact with the bank on over 6 occasions and no one knows how to solve this. For goodness sake we have given them over $4000 and they are sending us foreclosure letters, calls and people to take pictures of our house.

We have faxed 3 times our bank statement to two different numbers.

I really hate that no one that works at Chase can actually do anything or help us. This is what is wrong with our banking systems!

PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE IN A CLASS ACTION AGAINST CHASE MORTGAGE. RCALDERON109@AOL.COM

I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN IN.

BELOW IS A LETTER I SENT TO CHASE AND THE BANKING REGULATORS BUT NO ACTION HAS BEEN TAKEN.

Chase Home Finance, LLC

2210 Enterprise Drive

SC1-3050

Florence SC 29501

Re: ******2487 OCC: Case 908178

To whom it may concern:

I am responding to your letter dated May 7,2010. In the letter I was informed that I did not respond to a request that I resubmit another financial package to Chase before I can be considered for any refinancing assistance.

As I told Ms. Brooks when we spoke, Chase has requested and I complied by sending the package to Chase four times before. The package includes tax statements which were still the same form the last ones I sent Chase. The last four times I sent Chase the information I took hours from my business to complete the information. The fourth time I was told I would never have to do it again.

My financial situation is still the same and I questioned the need to send the same information. I have been refused any assistance from Chase four times. When I am refused by your Bank I feel once again rejected and abused by your company practices.

This year I am being audited and lost a contract. Yet, my income has remained the same. I am struggling to stay afloat. I am a single business owner that is doing as best I can. Chase is abusing my circumstances because I have not neglected my responsibilities and pay my mortgage. Instead of rewarding my commitment to pay my bills I am being led down a path of bankruptcy.

Nothing has changed except for Chase’s need to continue to use this tactic to prolong my agony and in the process give the impression they care about my circumstances or hardship. Monthly I send Chase Home Finance about $2,800.00. I would rent a penthouse in NYC for what I pay Chase.

I am seriously considering walking away from it all. Ruin my credit, send your dogs after me where will you find someone *** enough to pay this much mortgage for a condo worth less than the market rate with a looming rise in the interest rate in three years?

Since I do not know what to do, for now, I will pay my mortgage and ask all my local, state and federal representatives to please make Chase accountable for what they are doing to homeowners in New Jersey.

I will send a copy of this letter to OCC and hope they will make Chase meet it’s responsibility to the American home owners.

Rosa Calderón

Cc: Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Case 908178

I have friends who had a 15 year mortgage that Chase took over. Recently, they both lost their jobs and contacted Chase to try to convert their 15 year to a 30 year so they could afford the payments based upon their unemployment income.

Chase told them they aren't eligible for any modification and offered them $200 to get out of their house. When my friend asked for the hardship department, she was told they didn't have one and was hung up on.

They are in the process of working with a HUD counselor now since their mortgage is owned by Fannie Mae. Chase is just the legal version of a loan shark.

There is hope for you! Please contact PaCE, who are loan compliance auditors located in MD.

They KNOW how to fight for your rights! They have testified as EXPERT WITNESSES in court and are far more knowledgeable than attorneys on what can be done to fight for your home!

Call them at 410-690-4891 or e-mail them at fclosurehelp@live.com. Trust me, I know as I am a current client!

I have been going thru the same thing - chase approved my loan modifaction at first but when august 2010 came around - they said they did not receive the documents they requested , so they sent our check back to us in our october 2010 payment and said we no longer qualify for the modification - I KNOW I faxed them in cuz I went to the library and spent $20 !! Now it's there word against mine cuz the library at the time couldn't get a confiramation !!

Something was wrong with there fax BUT I did look on the fax machine and it said SENT!! I have tried to call chase but I keep going from this rep to this rep and noone knowa what they are talking about - they want their money and that's all they don't care if it was their mess up vuz they are saying I broke the contract !

Now they won't even consider a loan mod for us - still don't know what to do cuz I'm in Louisiana and I'm not sure if hiring a lawyer is worth it or maybe just try to see if we can put our house under some other mortgage company ???? If anyone out there can give me advice - not a spam deal - please email me to 4u2cme.d@gmail.com

I am looking for individuals to join me in a potential Class Action lawsuit against Chase Bank for violating my home owner rights and failing to follow Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) guidelines. If your property is in New York were approved for the trial period, made all of your scheduled payments on time, andthen you were denied for a modification, please contact me. joejoe1815 @ gmail .com

I am looking for individuals to join me in a potential Class Action lawsuit against Chase Bank for violating my home owner rights and failing to follow Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) guidelines. Ifyou were approved for the trial period, made all of your scheduled payments on time, andthen you were denied for a modification, please contact me. the above name at gmail

In response to MR. GET OVER IT......

Last Sept, Chase told Mom she was 4 months behind.

She wasn't even ONE late. I spent 45 min of my precious time showing them what they could have done themselves. You don't know what you are talking about. Two years ago they shredded a certified funds check and it took 3 months EVERY DAY ON THE PHONE to fix THEIR mistake.

They have added insufficient check charges when none have been written.

They aren't applying payments correctly, etc.... It's been a NIGHTMARE for my 74 year

old mother with emphysema.

ive played chases game long enough.they cant find the forms u send them. probally just thrown in trash.relationship manager, whats that was assigned one but never heard from her.my wife and i get along just fine.im glad we have only been in this house for a short time and i feel terrible for those who have been in theirs for years but its not the working familys fault.we bailed the greedy out and they laugh all the way to the bank.

i forgot they are already there.game over u win, heres your house back worth about half u told me it was. thanks chase

tried the loan mod like everyone else ! sent all the required paperwork !

they lost it twice or said it was missing things i know i had sent ! i was fed up so i went ahead and paid the 11,800 bal i owed to get up to date ! just got a statement that my mortgage payment went from 2,300 dollars to 4,200 because of escrow !

wtf ! they are gonna put me in the er !

Look into Mass Joinder against Chase!

An attorney should review your mortgage before paying anything (watch out for scammers) to see if you have a case against your lender.

Good luck!

ocdgirl2000

yep. Chase Bank is a bunch of liars and cheats.

They screw around with everyone, and blame you, even when it's THEIR problem. Especially when their online payment system is broken.

That's a famous one. LOL! I know a good fix for that one, now.

Let them TRY to say I'm late..even ONCE. I've "got their number" now.

I've never been late paying a mortgage payment in 30+ years.

If they EVER mess with my credit again, I will have them in such deep you know what, Jamie Dimon won't know what hit him.

I too have had terrible dealings with Chase. Mishandling of my escrow account which as increased my payment from $688.24 to $840.55 and they refuse to review or consider they have made a mistake.

I live on a fixed income and cannot afford all the roller coaster and drama that Chase asks us to endure.

I am on board with the law site. Let's make it happen!!!

If there was no program from the government to bail out these large banks and the homeowner then fine foreclose on my investment I made a bad choice or had bad fortune as I was hospitalized for 2 months. However, they accepted money from the government on a promise to help the homeowner.

What they did was hold a carrot out in front of the struggling homeowner to continue the fleecing and yet in the end as in my case add all backpayments after two years of trying to modify to eat what litte equity I had left modify my 9% adjustable to a 8.75 fixed decrease my payment by fity dollars and give me a 20 year ballon note with a final balloon note payment of 170,000.

Yes,FJ,I am accountable for falling behind and I am willing to accept that when Chase is willing to refund the governments money.

to "fj"

its not a bad investment that people are looking to not pay. duh, thats why they're trying to go along with what the bank says to help them PAY even though they are in financial strains!

but the bank takes advantage of their willingness to do as they're told in order to save their home.

pay pay and pay, yet the bank will still yank that house away. who with any mind would say that's what banks are supposed to be doing???

There should be a class action lawsuit against Chase, if there isn't already, for these loan mod scams and I will definitely join that!!

I was laid off in 2008, hence financial hardship and applied for loan mod. It's 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are still stringing me along on my probably 3rd attempt for loan mod, just a day before my sale date! They need to burn to the ground and I will join any suit that will make that happen.