2.2

My mother passed away 3 months away and Chase couldn't have screwed it up more. My dad and I couldn't figure out how to log in to check what she owed and pay it, so we called Chase.

My mom had a business account and 2 personal accounts. Without asking us, Chase immediately cancelled both personal accounts, leaving just the business account. They kept us on the phone forever and asked for a ton of paperwork including when the obit was dated (there was none) -I guess they worry about fraud more than their customers' experience with them.

My dad had been using the business card and paying in full on time for 3 months, suddenly a few days ago it stopped working. I logged into the account and guess what - they cancelled it - NO NOTICE TO MY DAD OR ME (OR EVEN MY MOM'S EMAIL).

We called and they just said, we had to close it because the primary cardholder died, kept us on hold forever, cut us off. I tried to call back - same garbage, we have given up and will not use Chase in the future. (unfortunate since it's Amazon's bank for credit cards). Utterly pathetic excuse for a banking experience.

It is shabby treatment and at the time people are most stressed out.

Unacceptable.

I've been a Chase customer for almost 30 years and am seriously considering closing my accounts. This is not how you do business.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Chase Bank Pros: Branches all around me in nyc, Convenience.

Chase Bank Cons: What happened to me, Poor estate administration.

Comments