El Monte, California

I had two credit cards with Chase Bank (which were formerly the cards issued by WA-MU). Both were current, with payments above minimums made each month, on time. After cutting the remaining credit of one card in half, the bank canceled the second card, with no notice to me of having done so.

After suffering the embarrassment of having a card declined, I first checked the status of the card online. It reported the remaining credit which i expected. I then called the automated reporting service -- same answer. When I reached a live service agent, he told me the card had been canceled a week before, giving me no reason for the bank having done so. He said a letter explaining this action would be coming --- a week since that call, it has not.

At a very minimum, it would seem the decent thing to do have all of the reporting tools come up with the same answer, and to promptly notify customers of changes in their status, but apparently this is asking too much of this bank.

Product or Service Mentioned: Chase Bank Credit Card.

Comments

Just had one Chase Visa closed and a Chase Mastercard Credit Limit Downgraded by 60%. Shocking and Poor Behavior From Chase Bank: considering I have a flawless pay history with them for more than 12 years.

I WILL NEVER DO ANY (REPEAT ANY) BUSINESS WITH THIS DISCUSTING BANK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here!!! Loyal customer for years!

and then in july they rasied my rate from 5.2 precent to 29 precent, then three weeks later, they canceled 3 millon credit cards!!!!! ***!

I am feeling a little better that I am not the only one this has happened to! I always oaid on time and for the most part I paid the full balance.

My card too was a WAMU before they were bought out by Chase. They gave me the same bs reason...saying something popped up on my credit report. Nothing has changed since the card was issued to me. I have good credit and I would hate to see what this has done to my score.

I talked with a friend of mine who works for a Chase bank.

She said that this goes on a lot and she does not agree with it. Basically she said that our accounts were cancelled due to the fact that we are good customers and resposible card holders makes them no money.

i had my wamu turned chase card for almost a year. never late, paid in full every month and they cancelled me too, citing things from my credit report that are not true.

i am wanting to get a business going and need all available funds.

i knew that i should have switched banks after the takeover. thanks chase

I had the exact same problem. They cancelled acct in good standing for no reason.

They told me if i wanted to dispute it I had to call the credit reporting agency.

worse part is they cancelled the card with the lowest interest rate. Mine also was wamu accts changed to chase.

rosgomez1

I just posted the same type of complaint... isn't there something illegal going on here? There must be something that we can do, from a consumer perspective.