7.4K views

I am a Chase customer.I received a check from an acquaintance drawn on Chase account and wanted to cash it.

I was asked if I had an account and when I did not want to provide my account number was advised that there would be a $6 fee to cash the check! How ridiculous! Chase has the means to determine if the check is good and after verifying my identity should really have no right to charge. Isn't that the whole basis of the checking account, it was meant to prevent people from having to carry around large amounts of cash that needed to be traded in to purchase items or pay bills.

The next time Grandma gives her grandkids a gift check, she better keep in mind the fact that the kid might not have a bank account at Chase and will be charged a fee.

Happy birthday, Merry Christmas and all the rest.Wow.

Review about: Chase Bank Checking Account.

Had an Experience with Chase Bank?

Comments

h.kitchener

Look, this is not rocket science.If you really have an account at Chase providing your account number to them does no harm to you at all.

I suspect that you do not have an account.

Why, therefore should Chase cash a check for someone who is not an account holder?If they did this for anyone, pretty soon they would find every *** who gets a check inhabiting their lobby, smelling up the place for account holders.

stop banking at chase , bof a and wells the thieves

I don't know why you're shocked. Everybody knows (((who))) owns the banks. Greed, gouging, and bribing the politicians to make whatever they want to do legal is just what (((they))) have always done.

I just tried to cash a check at chase written out to cash and they would not cash it wtf is this about

Amarillo, Texas, United States #906030

VP of Customer Service (so we are told) at Chase:

Deb Walden PO BOX 15919 Wilmington, DE 19850 (302) 594-4000 office (888) 643-9628 fax

Here is another Chase contact to try to ask for help when you can’t find anyone else to help you:

Mr.Frank Bisignano Chief Administrative Officer JPMorgan Chase & Co.

270 Park Avenue New York, NY 10017-2014

Having a problem with the banking side of Chase? Here is a contact to try:

Heather Joyner Executive Specialist 800.242.7399 ext. 51279 713-262-1279 Direct Line FAX: 281-915-0984 heather.joyner@chase.com Having a problem with Chase? Email Chase’s CEO Jamie Dimon for help at jamie.dimon@jpmchase.com or try executive.office@chase.com or send him snail mail at: James Dimon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer JP Morgan Chase 270 Park Avenue, 39th Floor New York, NY 10017 Phone: 212-270-1111 Fax : 212-270-1121 E-Mail Address: jamie.dimon@jpmchase.com Charlie Scharf CEO Retail Financial Services (i.e.

head of JPMorgan Chase retail banking) Phone: 212-270-5447 Fax: 212-270-5448 E-Mail Address: charlie.scharf@chase.com Gerald A. Smith CEO Credit Card Services Phone: 302-282-3100 Fax: 302-282-3939 E-Mail Address: gordon.smith@chase.com Marc Sheinbaum CEO-Retail Auto and Education Finance Phone: 516-745-3838 Fax: 516-745-4040 E-Mail Address: marc.x.sheinbaum@jpmchase.com David B. Lowman CEO Home Lending Phone: 636-735-2121...

Cook, Home Lending Executive Office Supervisor 614-422-7839 (phone) 614-388-9912 (fax) kevin.d.cook@chase.com Here is a link to lots of contact information for Chase.Here is a number supposedly for the Chase Executive Team, whatever that is: 800-242-7339 Numbers for Chase executive customer service: 713-262-3866 (Banking, Michelle Crabtree) 800-242-7399 (Banking, General number) 888-622-7547 x 4350 (Credit card, general) 888-622-7547 x 6833 (Credit card, Jessica) 888-622-7547 x 6164 (Credit card, Sharon) 888-622-7547 x 6838 (Credit card, Patrick)

to Vengeance Amarillo, Texas, United States #906037

I'm sure they would love to hear from you. After all you did pay them. The least they can do is explain themselves.

Oroville, California, United States #817247

$6 to cash their own check. I will never go into Chase again, at Walmart for $3.. Pretty sad Walmart is half off on Even Chase Manhatten, what a bad joke on Chase

New York, New York, United States #773165

What do I need to cash a $63,000.00 check I do not want a account it is drawn from Jp Morgan chase will I have a issue.

I received a check from a fmaily member that banks at chase, when i went to cash it, they told me that they would have to charge me $6. What a racket, I can't beleive that they charge you to cash a check that is drawn on their own bank. Just because the individual the check was written to does not have an account with them.

What kind of customer service is that ? NONE........

I'm a teller at my local Chase branch and I feel bad because quite a few of you have received the wrong information.Even though I work for Chase, I do not agree with some of their policies which is why I try to help out the customers as much as possible in avoiding the fees.

With that said, there are several ways to get out of paying the $6 convenience charge without having to actually sit down with a banker and opening an account. For non-account holders, you do not need a Chase account as long as you have any relationship with Chase (e.g. Credit Card, Installment Loan, Mortgage, etc.), you're fine. Also, any checks written for less than $50 automatically waives the fee.

Lastly, bring a friend who holds an account with Chase. Kindly ask your friend to cash the check for you as a third party check. This means you, the non-account holder, endorse the check and then sign it over to your friend, the account holder, to cash for you.

By the way, I don't understand why the person who wrote this post refused to give the teller his/her account #.

Cashing a check does not affect your account in any way--the teller simply uses your account # to process the transaction in a way that automatically waives the fee.

As ridiculous as bank fees are, some customers can be equally absurd...for no reason!:p