Chase Bank stole my savings

1051 of 1164 Chase Bank reviews

I opened a savings account with Chase Bank on 3/17/09.I started the account with a savings of $633.

On 4/21 I made another deposit of $69.14. Went on line to check my balance and it was down to $533.

They have transferred funds from my account when I have no other account to transfer them to!

Chase bank has stolen money from me in only slightly more than 60 days of business with them.

Stay away from Chase bank if you wish to have a nest egg.They will rob you of your hard earned savings.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1051 of 1164 Chase Bank reviews

Jul 28, 2016 #1191630 San Francisco, California, United States

I agree.
Chase bank is not a operating bank governed by US laws and regulations. It is a bank that is being operated by Sharia law. And they can do whatever they want to do with your money and get away with it and your politicians are in bed with them to still your hard earned money? So don't be surprised look at strait to your white house all the tifs and criminal elements are running for an office.

Susan Victim of Chase Bank

Feb 06, 2012 #423677

I had an account with Chase Bank over 3 years ago which has been closed over 2 years. I am with another bank and my social security check got direct deposited into Chase Bank! I don't have an account with them anymore and I didn't change my info with Social Security to have them Direct Deposit my disability check into that bank. I went to use my debit card from my bank which isn't Chase and I have ZERO money. Now Social Security tells me I changed the info and had it put in Chase and Chase says it's not there. WHERE'S MY MONEY.... This is unreal how they can go and STEAL a disability check from an old customer. On my way to Police Dept to file Theft/Fraud complaint.

CHASE THIEVES

May 26, 2011 #291050

CHASE is STEALING former WAMU Free Checking customers money in the amount of $10 FOR A NEW SERVICE FEE. chase refuses to be bound to our written AGREEMENTS. CHASE has simply just CHANGED the NAME of our accounts and ILLEGALLY CHANGED the TERMS of our existing written AGREEMENTS. CHASE REFUSES to honor written agreements. If you have ANY WRITTEN AGREEMENT with CHASE, DO NOT TRUST CHASE, THEY WILL CHANGE YOUR TERMS AND TELL YOU 'WHAT YA GONNA DO ABOUT IT'?

0 0 Reply
Chase took all the money I hav

Nov 22, 2010 #214586 Auchi, Edo, Nigeria

Chase withdrew $446 from my checking account a couple of months after I opened an account with them. The transaction said it was a withdrawal to another account. I called them and they were outright rude, verbally abusive, gave me the run around, refused to transfer me to a supervisor, and stated that I would not get my money back. They withdrew the money to supposedly satisfy a negative balance from a closed Washington Mutual account from 2007. I was unemployed and have a family with two young children, now with only $21 in the bank. Do not fall for Chase and their incentives to open accounts with them, this company is greedy, unsympathetic, and downright unprofessional. I will be closing my account with them as soon as possible.

Jason

Sep 16, 2010 #190565

Banks are great at stealing our *** money.

These are the banks that have stolen from me and the amounts.

TotalBank $110
Bank of America $2500 Isn't that Grand theft???

Chase bank $70

This is why I hate *** banks.

Upset Customer

Aug 13, 2010 #175719

I opened my account with Washington Mutual in the year 2000. When Washington Mutual became Chase, Chase started withdrawing money from my Checking Account to another account that was not mine. I called to see what was going on, and apparently someone with a similar name closed a negative account in 2008. I told them that it wasn't my account. I made a police report and completed all the paperwork that they requested. Still they continued to withdraw money from my account. I'm really mad, they keep giving me the run-around and no one seems to know anything. I'm closing my accounts and moving to a different bank. :( :(

Mentalvisions

Jul 30, 2010 #170243

I actually have a horrible story with chase. I deposited two checks in their atm one for $3.52 and the other for $1,470. When I put the checks into their atm to deposit, the atm read "Error". So I called the representative and told them about this and they credited my account. One month later they took the money away from my account and claim "we need proof of those checks" . My reply is how do you expect me to show you proof when your atm took my checks. After speaking to them for 45 minutes and to head of the Claims department, they still did not give me back my money. Now my account is at a negative and I do not have money to pay for college. I tried explaining this to them and they did not care. Their response "we wish there was something we can do". There is something you can do, stop being so greedy and closed minded. All they care about is reading whatever is on their screen. I am extremely upset by this. If anyone is out there and would not mind helping me out can you please donate some money back to me until I get this situation settled. This is my last year of college and I am just trying to graduate. If possible please send a paypal payment to mentalvisions@gmail.com. I would appreciate any help. Thank you

yourfullofshit

Nov 18, 2014 #902321 Englewood, Ohio, United States

Whatever... whoever wrote the check can reissue. Nice scam though

Jacqueline Amos

Jul 04, 2010 #160896

Chase Have Robbed many people and will continue until we stand up, because there people are watching

Jacqueline Amos

Jun 30, 2010 #159581

Everyone contact the Inspector General Office, I contacted the Bank Commissions office, we will not be herd if its one, join together and take a class law suit against them, if everybody here go to the inspector generals office, we have a case, its time to stop crying, and start fighting, I am tired of being tired, who are the lawyers that work on contingency, chase is still robbing me blind, is anybody listening this is my email, jackieamos2@yahoo.com, you can take out a class action law suit on line, lets all join now, stop talking, crying, complainning, are you ready to make this right, how angry are you? put in your browser file a complaint with inspector generals office againts chase bank, get everybody you know, that have been robbed by chase, and have them to report it to the Inspector Generals office, together we stand divided we fall.

1 0 Reply
bad bank everr

Apr 24, 2010 #136499

reviewing my account, chase withdrew $ 410 with a check in the name of another person signed for another person. is completely ridiculous as they are going to withdraw money from my account without authorization and check with name of another person without my signature! what kind of bank they are?they stealing my money and I want it back now! tomorrow I'll call the bank that this is a great mistake of Chase and they have to solve now! I have not given any check and have the name and signature of another person, as I'll get rid of me? my account? is this a joke? a bank are really serious!
I hope they fix this as I have to pay rent . They are a bad bank. It is assumed that I have them as my bank you trust and not to take money to the account, name and signature of another person.

Chasevictim283881

Apr 21, 2010 #135727

They are pushing up the rates on all thier loan account even credit cards, I was able to change out the morgage, but I have a 3.99% fixed rate on a consolidation balance tranfere loan on my chase C.C card with a balance of now of $22000 (started at $32000 two yrs ago), where I paid min. of at least 2% = $440 a mo. (paying extra when I have it), well they chase decides that since they could not get away with ripping me off on the morgage, they would try to rip me off on the C.C. account. First the increased the min. payment to 5% in mid month after they had sent me the the monthly statement w/$440 min. payment. I sent them $500 and they gave me a $39 late fee and said the min. was now $1010 and I owed them $1580 min. next mo. or they would default to 29.99% interest.I paid them $2000 to clear and back payments. I asked them why and the supervisor accually said it was because they were not making big money on me. The supervisor after paying down $2000 also, offered me a 9.99% changeover rate for 2 years w/ a 5% bal. trans. on the now $20000 = $1000 fee. This was an Chase trying to default the account to 29.99% or 2.5% monthly interest., then when I cought up with my emergence fund, they tried again w/ a higher limited time rate W/ A $1000 FEE TO BOOT!! I told them that they had caught me off balance, but I would stick with the low 3.99 year for the life of the loan, that I would just be paying it of quicker and each payment bring the monthly min. down. If you have any kind of... Show more

Abnet

Apr 16, 2010 #134017

It happened to me.... I have a checking account with Chase bank, one day I went to withdraw $900, the teller gave me the $900.00 and with a receipt that say $900.00, when I check my account later in the day, I saw a withdrawal of 1900.00. . Please stay away from Chase bank.

kevin

Nov 18, 2009 #87669

Oh and by the way Zoey, mr chase, I stopped my direct deposit and taking the money to buy car magnets, With huge letters on it all about Chase Bank,
P.S. Not just a consumer but a victem as well.

0 1 Reply
kevin

Nov 18, 2009 #87665

I have been a victem of the Nigerian scam artist, it cost 32,000.00 $ and a bankruptcy, now getting on my feet chase bank is robbing me with extra charges out of nowhere. Consumer beware, double check your checking.

Jimmy

Nov 14, 2009 #86683

Zoey, you are an ***. I'm sorry but you are.

They cleared a check once and then TOOK IT AWAY from me once I started using the money to buy food. And then they slapped ridiculous charges when I couldn't pay for THEIR mistake. They said the check bounced. Well then WHY DID THEY CLEAR THE CHECK AT ALL IF IT WAS BAD TO BEGIN WITH? Easy, i'll tell you why. They're extorting people. It's really sad its happening recently too, never had a problem with them until now, but it seems bailout money is not enough for them.

Oh, and for the record, the check was NEVER bad. Everything was in line. They made the mistake on purpose.

Matt

Oct 29, 2009 #82548

Zoey, sounds like you've been sucked in by the brain washing banking jargon. First of all a bank is supposed to help the customer keep his money safe. Why would you want to put your money into a bank that takes money from you? Also why is it in the interest of a customer to become overdrawn and be charged a fee? Let me answer this one. It isn't. So in this modern age where technology is capable of processing money digitally at the touch of a button why is it not possible to tell the cutomer that he has insufficient money in his account and that if he goes ahead with a transaction he will suffer an extortionate fee for it. Let me also answer this one. Because Banks are legalised criminal institutions praying on the common people.

Gandma Moore

Jul 11, 2009 #61530

CHASE IS DESTROYING ME. TOLD ME TO SELL MY CAR AND GET A BIKE AND RIDE IT TO WORK!! WORK IS 20 MILES AWAY! THIS IS NOT AMERICA! THIS IS ***! OH AND FOR YOU PEOPLE WHO WILL WRITE AND SAY YOU SHOULD PAY YOUR BILLS I DID NEVER LATE!! THEY RAISED ME TO 29.99 AFTER MY SON IN LAW DIED AND I CALLED AND TOLD THEM I MAY NEED 2 WEEKS TO MEET NEW PAYMENT AMOUNT! I HAVE LEARNED NOT TO CALL THEM!! ALSO THEY DID TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT FOR NO REASON IN 2007 and 2008 SO PEOPLE WHO ARE WRITING THAT ARE NOT TELLING STORIES!!!!!!WHERE"S MY HERO!!!!!!! SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING TO HELP STOP THE LOAN SHARKS!

Zoey

May 03, 2009 #57258

LOL, you two are ridiculous. I find both of your stories preposterous. One the original complaint, the only way a bank would "take" money out of your account is if you had previously defaulted on a lending relationship or had a charged off balance and still owed money. You bet that Chase would pull that money that you OWED them. The response to the original poster is just as silly. False Balancing is supposedly where a bank will approve a transaction without you having the funds in your account to cover it, causing you to overdraw and then charge you. First and most importantly...if you kept track of what you were spending you wouldn't overdraw. Period. The banks have no way to track what you are spending and the checks you are writing on a totally accurate basis. If you are so puzzled by this concept just go to work for a bank OR a credit union (they practice "false balancing" as well and will charge too) or just ask a bank employee how processing works. They would be glad to explain it. AND PLEASE QUIT TREATING YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT AS A LOAN AND SPENDING MORE THEN WHAT IS IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-20 of 21 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.