Tampa, Florida

In September 2009, I started a refinance at the request from a mortgage loan consultant from Chase Mortgage department. A Cassidy X Sobol started the process and requested a deposit of $750.00 which I paid as requested. I submitted all the required paperwork and patiently awaited a response. Shortly after this, my consultant was changed to Giancarlo Iglesias. In my opinion, I found both of these representatives to be lacking in good customer service policies found with most reputable companies.

During this entire process which I ended in January of 2010, the only time I received any communications from Chase was when I initiated it. I basically would only receive communication when I called to talk to a supervisor or email my consultant and copied their supervisor. Each time I would talk to them to find out what was going on and why it was taking so long, they would say that it had just gone to the underwriters. During this process Chase also checked my payoff which was with Chase also. The amount of $30.00 was charged to my mortgage account each time they requested a payoff.

Finally in January 2010 I contacted them to request a refund of my $750.00 deposit and cancel the refinance process. I talked to Giancarlo Iglesias who informed my that Cassidy X Sobol would be taking care of the refund process. He also informed me that if I didn't receive my refund within a few weeks to contact him and he would take care of it.

I contacted Mr. Iglesias and Mr. Sobol via email on 2/9/10 and as yet have only received a 'read receipt' from Mr. Iglesias but no response.

I currently have my previous mortgage, a Visa credit card, and my wife has a Mastercard through Chase. After this experience with Chase all will be removed. I will be refinancing with another reputable company and closing my credit cards with Chase. I have never dealt with a more inefficient or consumer deficient company in my life.

I am currently looking into file a complaint with the better business bureau among other avenues. I will never do business with this company again and have sent an email to all on my email list of the poor service of this bank.

Product or Service Mentioned: Chase Bank Loan.

Comments

Follow Cassidy's example.. He understand when fees should be waived due to circumstances out of my control, and he placed priority/urgency when needed.

Cassidy was a great help from start to finish. He understood the frustration that was involved for me and my family, as the purchase was a short sale and was a long and frustrating experience. The delays were out of my control, so we weren't penalized too severely for the extensions. He and others helped to get the closing organized in the span of a day to get the HUD approval completed to keep our closing on track when everything finally lined up.

I was frazzled and about ready to have a nervous breakdown by that point, but Cassidy got it done for us.

All of your employees could learn a lot from Cassidy about improving customer service. Truly a great job and a star employee!

I will recommend Chase to family and friends.

Both Cassidy & Nicole extremely professional, courteous, and responsive throughout the loan process. My husband and I were delighted at how painless it was to process our mortgage. Even our real estate agent commented on the level of customer service provided by Cassidy and Nicole. I really didn't think that a bank, much less Chase, was capable of such high level of service.

Chase, you're bringing class back to the mortgage industry!

Let me start by saying that I recently closed on my very first home this last week! About a month ago, I started the process to get a new home loan.

I had very little knowledge about financing and where to begin... Since I bank with Chase, I decided to submit a pre-qualification online. Within MINUTES of applying, I received a phone call from Cassidy Sobol. Cassidy took the time to answer my (several) questions.

He made sure I understood the steps needed to take. He was very thorough and professional. Although there was quite a bit of paperwork needed to approve my loan, Cassidy kept me infomred throughout the process and proactivly reached otu to me at least once a week to provide a status update. 30 days later, I now have the keys to my very own home!

I am very pleased with the service that I received from Chase bank. THANK YOU CASSIDY!

sThe problems listed above sound so familiar to me. We've been trying to buy a second home, not that big a deal, well within our credit and cashflow limits....but dealing with Chase has been a nightmare.

It has primarily been the communication, or lack thereof, from Chase that is the root of the problem. Our "customer service" rep, Cassidy Sobol, will rarely return a call and if he does, or emails, its always the same messaage.....just one more document and it will go the underwriters..you should be fundedy by yadayada". However, this process has been going on 3 weeks. Nice guy on the phone, however he is probably one of the least competant people I have ever dealt with. Its like its the first time he's ever done this yet I see he's been providing the same incompetant levels of service for at least 3 years.

How can a company retain such a poor performer.

How basic it would have been if he could have provided a list of items needed from the start, instead of us receiving a request for "one last documnet" every three days.

Our closing deadline with the seller has been extended twice now, and will need to be extended a third time as the last I heard from Chase is that it would be out of underwriting "tomorrow" and that was four days ago, without any communication from Cassidy or his equally incompetant boss, Michael Perhson.

I recently purchased my first home in California. I called Chase since I currently bank with them.

I spoke with Cassidy Sobol and found him to be professional, honest and extremely helpful throughout the process.

Cassidy explained the process to me and was readily available to answer all of my questions. I obviously can't speak for everyone wh does business though Chase but I am very happy with the quality of service that I received from Cassidy and his associates.

I had the same issue as Joann and familyforever. I too "dealt" with Cassidy Sobol.

Basically, they took my 395, told me everything was alright, I did my part by supplying everyting requested in a timely manner. Then, one day before closing, they tell me that they need some more paperwork. I supplied it right away after asking the seller for one more week. A week passes and again, the day before closing, the "escrow assistant" says even more paperwork is needed.

I then go with my agent's people (wells fargo) and in 5 days, I get the keys. CHASE AZ, and the aforementioned are crooks.

I called Chase on 3/2 to get information on refinancing -- I qualified for a 4.62 interest loan for 15 yrs. I gave my debit card # and the next day, I was charged $395 and had called to notify the broker that I wasn't interested after I read the paperwork that was emailed to me and can't get a person to talk to me at CHASE bank. I am going to report it to the Atty Generals office in AZ

familyforever

My fiance' has been trying to refinance his mortgage with Chase so that he can get his ex wife's name off of the title. First time he tried, they sent him to Quicken Loans and took his $395 for an appraisal and then told him that they couldn't help him.

He resently went and applied again in our local branch and they asked again for $395 which he paid and the loan officer told him that he fell within the 125% range and that everything was fine. He was supose to close on 07/15/10. The date came and went and no phone calls. He finally called and the loan officer said that while he fell in teh range, tehy really want him him to be in the 115% range and are requiring him to put down $10,000 to get him there.

They already hold his mortgage so it isn't like they are out any money.

The loan officer told him that he could not refund the $395 and that he was learning as he went and he had no idea that they would require the $10K. He is going to talk to the branch manager and tell him to stick the loan where the sun don't shine and that he wants the $395 back or else.

nrsrchd

You do have a right to an accurate accounting of why you are being charged the $30. Now if there is fraud why would you want to modify your loan when there may be fraud you were not aware of.

You can take that fraud and make those that broke the law pay rather than you paying them to defraud you. When the banks break the law they owe YOU money, it says so in the law. The way to show they broke the law is in auditing the paperwork. A forensic audit performed by certified professionals can go over mortgage documents and find the violations of the law.

Since a crime may have been committed you need to treat the paperwork as such. From an audit then a letter asking for more information or a rescission letter asking for the return of all money paid in. From there litigation paperwork can be created ready to file into court. They do not want their violations of the law before a jury of 12 homeowners who may wonder if they were defrauded as well.

See all the "MISTAKES" they make like losing document etc may be more than that, it may be intentional which is fraud. endlessfrauddetection.com contains example after of example what the law says when it come to mortgages.

If the people are going to take back this country we need to do it one home at a time with the law. When you have gone through the site and see just what you can do then contact steve@endlessfrauddetection.com to start taking back this country one home at a time.