Here's my story. I was pulled over for a speeding ticket last week (yes I admit it was my fault) I haven't had a traffic ticket since 2005 but since revenue's are down I knew there was no chance for the officer to issue me and warning. Being August of 2010 now, I'm eligible to attend a defensive driving school class to have it erased off my record since I have not had a ticket in the past 2 years. When I called to schedule an appointment the guy told me they only accept checks or money orders, no cash. I don't have any checks since these days I pay everything online, and I mean EVERYTHING, so it was no prob to go get a money order.
I walk inside the branch at Chase and say to one of the tellers "I have a checking account with you guys, can I get a money order or do you guys issue money orders?" She replied telling me they're $5, she could tell how absurd I was thinking that was from the look on my face and said "If you go right across the street to CVS Pharmacy you can get one for $1. She was actually very nice and I thought that was really cool of her. (So weird, the tellers when you actually walk in have always seemed so much nicer and way less rude then the ones in the drive through.) So I go over to CVS and get my money order for $202 for just a buck.
Now today. Change of events. My wife's birthday is coming up in October, she's from Portland, we currently live in Tempe, Arizona. I don't make much money at the moment and I know she's been missing her family so as an early birthday present (because her mom and sister start work back again October 1st) I found a GREAT deal on a round trip ticket to fly her out mid September and will have just enough to purchase it if I were cash my money order I was saving to do the driving school this coming Saturday. I have until mid Sept to get driving school done, so there's no problem rescheduling the class for the following weekend since I get paid again then as well. I go to chase to cash the money order so I can deposit the money back into my account so I can buy this airline ticket for my wife right away. Right away, this female drive up teller was EXTREMELY rude. "You HAVE to HAVE a BANKING account with us, DO YOU have a BANKING account sir?" I said yes, i've had one with you guys for almost 10 years. "Well YOU NEED TO WRITE YOUR BANKING ACCOUNT NUMBER ON THE MONEY ORDER SIR!!!" I said, oh i'm sorry I was unaware, no problem. I sent the $202 money order back with the account number while thinking, geeze what's her deal. There's more pleasant ways to go about to ask a customer to put his/her account number on their money order their cashing if they didn't know to do so. I never cash these things so I have no idea lol. Anyways, after 10 minuets she gets back with me in her rude snippy bitchy voice saying we cannot cash this because your account has insufficient funds. I said that can't be correct, and if it is, i'm unaware of my account having insufficient funds??? She then said, well if we were to cash this right now, we can only give you $15-$50 of the $202. I was like, why would I do that? I said no, please return my money order back to me. She said FINE!
So I head back over to CVS next door and find out they don't cash money orders, just issue them. Which is cool. I next check my account online via my phone and find out it is not in a negative balance as they claimed, I have plunty of money in my account so I was like what the ***??? So I go back to chase, this time I go inside. I explained to the teller what happened, he was very pleasant and nice, and said oh what they ment by your account has insufficient funds is that you don't have $202 in your account. I was like huh?? He said, however much the money order is for, that's how much you have to have in your account in order for us to cash it. At this point I was about ready to explode, but I kept my cool. So I said, say I sold an item on Ebay for $2000 and the buyer sends me a money order for payment, you're telling me I have to have $2000 in my account in order to cash a $2000 money order?? He, said yes that's how it works. I kinda laughed and said ok, thank you, and left.
So I thought i'd drive to the other chase and see what happens, when I arrive I'm lucky to get there right before they close. I go inside and tell the guy I'd like to deposit this money order into my account, my account number is already on the money order and I hand him my license. He said ok no questions asked, typed it all in, handed me my receipt and said "have a good day". Now why wasn't it like this at the other branch????
More Review Details
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "GE Capital Retail Money Bank/PayPal Smart Connect/PayPal have been using the United States Postal Service to "Defraud" the consumer. I have been dealing with this since 2011 & these "Crooked"..."
- "Chase is trying to take 1500 from my account after I deposit it. Please anyone contact me mr Trayshon carter about this matter ..."
- "Has anyone else seen the latest trend out there? Chase Bank, just to name one, is charging customers in the upwards of 29%!!! The local LOAN SHARK charges only 25%!!!!..."
- "My 3 orders placed at the same time were 5 DAYS LATE! The flowers were wilted, droopy, cheap and ugly! I ordered 3 Mylar "It's A Boy" balloons...."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "Bought a box of Cella's Dark chocolate covered cherries with liquid center at a CVS. This evening I sat down with a new box of chocolate covered cherries. I picked..."
- "My husband and I stopped at newly remodeled Sheetz on Broad Street in Johnstown PA on September 24, at approximately 9:30pm. The facility was filthy service was slow and our..."
- "It is a best online store. I have order many dresses on this website but one time they deliver me after one day of delivery time! But it was not..."
- "I was a blogger on the site for 10 years and my blog was the most popular blog on the site for many of those years. Recently my account..."