Here's my story. I was pulled over for a speeding ticket last week (yes I admit it was my fault) I haven't had a traffic ticket since 2005 but since revenue's are down I knew there was no chance for the officer to issue me and warning. Being August of 2010 now, I'm eligible to attend a defensive driving school class to have it erased off my record since I have not had a ticket in the past 2 years. When I called to schedule an appointment the guy told me they only accept checks or money orders, no cash. I don't have any checks since these days I pay everything online, and I mean EVERYTHING, so it was no prob to go get a money order.
I walk inside the branch at Chase and say to one of the tellers "I have a checking account with you guys, can I get a money order or do you guys issue money orders?" She replied telling me they're $5, she could tell how absurd I was thinking that was from the look on my face and said "If you go right across the street to CVS Pharmacy you can get one for $1. She was actually very nice and I thought that was really cool of her. (So weird, the tellers when you actually walk in have always seemed so much nicer and way less rude then the ones in the drive through.) So I go over to CVS and get my money order for $202 for just a buck.
Now today. Change of events. My wife's birthday is coming up in October, she's from Portland, we currently live in Tempe, Arizona. I don't make much money at the moment and I know she's been missing her family so as an early birthday present (because her mom and sister start work back again October 1st) I found a GREAT deal on a round trip ticket to fly her out mid September and will have just enough to purchase it if I were cash my money order I was saving to do the driving school this coming Saturday. I have until mid Sept to get driving school done, so there's no problem rescheduling the class for the following weekend since I get paid again then as well. I go to chase to cash the money order so I can deposit the money back into my account so I can buy this airline ticket for my wife right away. Right away, this female drive up teller was EXTREMELY rude. "You HAVE to HAVE a BANKING account with us, DO YOU have a BANKING account sir?" I said yes, i've had one with you guys for almost 10 years. "Well YOU NEED TO WRITE YOUR BANKING ACCOUNT NUMBER ON THE MONEY ORDER SIR!!!" I said, oh i'm sorry I was unaware, no problem. I sent the $202 money order back with the account number while thinking, geeze what's her deal. There's more pleasant ways to go about to ask a customer to put his/her account number on their money order their cashing if they didn't know to do so. I never cash these things so I have no idea lol. Anyways, after 10 minuets she gets back with me in her rude snippy bitchy voice saying we cannot cash this because your account has insufficient funds. I said that can't be correct, and if it is, i'm unaware of my account having insufficient funds??? She then said, well if we were to cash this right now, we can only give you $15-$50 of the $202. I was like, why would I do that? I said no, please return my money order back to me. She said FINE!
So I head back over to CVS next door and find out they don't cash money orders, just issue them. Which is cool. I next check my account online via my phone and find out it is not in a negative balance as they claimed, I have plunty of money in my account so I was like what the ***??? So I go back to chase, this time I go inside. I explained to the teller what happened, he was very pleasant and nice, and said oh what they ment by your account has insufficient funds is that you don't have $202 in your account. I was like huh?? He said, however much the money order is for, that's how much you have to have in your account in order for us to cash it. At this point I was about ready to explode, but I kept my cool. So I said, say I sold an item on Ebay for $2000 and the buyer sends me a money order for payment, you're telling me I have to have $2000 in my account in order to cash a $2000 money order?? He, said yes that's how it works. I kinda laughed and said ok, thank you, and left.
So I thought i'd drive to the other chase and see what happens, when I arrive I'm lucky to get there right before they close. I go inside and tell the guy I'd like to deposit this money order into my account, my account number is already on the money order and I hand him my license. He said ok no questions asked, typed it all in, handed me my receipt and said "have a good day". Now why wasn't it like this at the other branch????
More Review Details
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I was scammed and told i owe then 203 dollars after i paid a bill using my payoneer card, this card had a balance of 98 dollars, i paid 69.66..."
- "If you read my prior complaint "I am Pissed" 6 months has passed & Western Union refuse to reissue a new card with my legal name. Yet, I was advised..."
- "I signed up to have my paychecks deposited on the Chase Paycard. I was assured that it could be used online and that I could pay bills with it. I..."
- "DO NOT BUY THROUGH ONETRAVEL IF YOU KNOW YOU MIGHT NEED TO CANCEL YOUR TICKET. YOU'LL ENDUP PAYING DOUBLE IN THEIR HIDDEN FEES (BESIDES THE $200 PENALTY FEES). OneTravel are so..."
- "I recently bought a Pro Dunk Hoop, and the powder coat is already faulty. I even upgraded to their rust armor. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! Even..."
- "Ava's flowers is a fraud! I paid $120 for a gourmet basket. I was horrified when my friend sent me a picture of what she received! I was so embarrassed...."
- "I spent $161.92 for a 'deluxe' sugar and sweet bouquet and everyone's favorite candy basket with all the up charges to be delivered for my daughters sweet 16th birthday. It..."
- "I have bought a few items from Everbuying, and had no problems. I bought a cheap tablet and a couple of case covers for my cellphones, and that was it...."
- "I know that moves can be tricky and I've worked with several national and local companies, but this was the WORST experience with a crew I have ever had. Honestly,..."