Grand Haven, Michigan

Anybody else getting run-around from Chase Bank while trying for a HAMP (Obama Mortgage)? Submitted paperwork, clearly qualify, keeping calling, but can't get any answers, and now we've been late for the very first time.

My husband was laid off, then I had a 20% reduction in pay. We are not upside down. We live in a house now worth about $250,000 and owe less than $130,000. Our credit is very good, but it won't stay that way for long. We simply want to extend our loan (now only have less than 7 years left) out to 20-30 years so that we can afford the payment. Should be a simple, cut-and-dry case.

We are not the only ones in this boat. I think they are violating the law. Is anybody up for a class-action suit?

Product or Service Mentioned: Chase Bank Mortgage.

Comments

i HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A MODIFICATION FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS TO NO AVAIL. FAXING AND RE FAXING DOCUMENTS REQUESTED BY THEM AND ATILL NOTHING.

I AM NOT TRYING TO DEFRAUD THIS COMPANY. JUST TRYING TO DO WHATS RIGHT FOR MY CHILDREN. I HAVE BEEN TOLD COUNTLESS TIMES BY COUNTLESS LOAN MOD SPECIALISTS THAT THE INFORMATION WAS GOING INTO UNDERWRITING. DENIED TWICE AND THEN TOLD TO RESUBMIT FOR ASSISTANCE.

THEY TRULY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. THEY ACCEPTED B BAILOUT PAYMENT FROM THE GOVERMENT AND THEN DO NOTHING FOR DISTRESSED HOMEOWNERS.

I CONTINUE TO FIGHT FOR MY FAMILY. ITS NOT OVER TILL ITS OVER AND WE SHALL SEE CHASE BANK IS TERRIBLE :(

@LISA

I agree, they are the worst - I faxed and refaxed so many papers each time its a different reason, I thought this was a program to help honest hard working homeowners who are struggling, but its just another I dont care bank

The name fits. Chase bank really will chase

your money. By the matress full.

The only way I could get them from siphoning

my savings and checking accounts was to

tell them in person that I have had enough

of their baloney and am prepared to pull

the plug.

They made some restitution but it was cheap.

I hope people will make a run on this bank

and shut them down for good.

Shoot, I really do believe that my money would

be safer buried in a jar in back yard!

I bought my house when married, got it in the divorce and have since tried FOUR TIMES to get a modification and been denied every time. They always find a reason to deny you.

First they keep you hanging for 3 - 5 months hoping... hmmm sounds like they are from the Obama camp. Just keep hoping ... everything WILL get worse.

Now, I am forced to sell even though they keep telling me that their goal is to "keep me in my home". They won't re-fi either because I don't earn enough to pay $1,000 LESS than I am paying now. WHAT? I wish some class action atty would jump on them and fight for us!

Where are you all?

S.L. PO Box 202 95612 meshannon@hotmail.com

I HAVE THE SAME STORY EVERYONE ELSE DOES. ENDLESS FAXING OF PAPERS, REPLACING MISSING PAGES. TALKING TO DIFFERENT PEOPLE ON A MONTHLY BASIS ETC.. ETC.. ETC.. I EVEN MADE TRIAL PAYMENTS FOR 3 MONTHS ON TWO DIFFERENT OCCASIONS AND WAS TOLD I COULD'T AFFORD THE MONTHLY PAYMENTS AFTER I HAD ALREADY MADE THEM!!! DOES THAT MATH ADD UP TO YOU?? ME NEITHER.

THAT WAS 4 YEARS AGO, AND GUESS WHAT??

!!!!!!!!I STILL HAVE THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT GETS BETTER!!! I DONT HEAR FROM THEM!! AND I DON'T CALL THEM. NO LETTERS, NO LAWYERS, I RECIEVED AN INTENT TO CLOSE NOTICE.. 2 YEARS AGO!!! AND GUESS WHAT???

!!!!!!!!!!I STILL HAVE THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!AND IT GETS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS I HAVE BEEN RENTING OUT THE HOUSE AND MAKING NO MORTGAGE PAYMENTS, NO TRIAL PAYMENTS, NO NOTHING. IT'S THE BEST REALESTATE INVESTMENT IV'E EVER HAD. MORTGAGE FREE REALESTATE AND I GET TO COLLECT RENT ON TOP OF IT. THANK YOU CHASE!!! FOR WITHOUT YOUR BACKWARD HALF-A** BUSINESS ETHICS THIS WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE. AND ALSO GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD ABOVE WHO CREATES ENTITIES LIKE CHASE.

!!!!WHO SAYS EVERYDAY CAN'T BE CHRISTMAS!!!!! NOT ME, NOT IF YOUR MORTGAGE IS HELD BY CHASE. THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND YOU SHOULDN'T SWEAT OVER IT. IT'S BEEN 4 YEARS FOR ME, I SLEEP AT NIGHT, COLLECT MY FREE RENT, AND THANK GOD EVERYDAY THAT CHASE HOLDS MY MORTGAGE. IF ANY OTHER BANK HELD MY MORTGAGE I WOULD HAVE BEEN MODIFIED YEARS AGO!!!!!

SINCERELY YOURS,

THE MOST SATISIFIED, DIS-SATISFIED CUSTOMER YOU'LL EVER HAVE. :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin

Try 3 years. Thursday last week received a letter requesting yet MORE information needed to be submitted for the HAMP Program (we've done this some 20 times now).

Friday last week we get yet ANOTHER letter stating we did not qualify for HAMP nor refinancing due to the fact we haven't paid in all this time they've kept us crammed up in the modification process. YESTERDAY we received yet ANOTHER letter stating they needed more information from us to determine if we qualify for HAMP. So which is it? According to the HOPE Program, we clearly qualify for HAMP but Chase refuses to budge or do anything.

So, we sit here and wait. Guess we'll know something when the sheriff comes knocking.

LET IT BE KNOW THAT AFTER I WAS IN A COMMA AND HUNG ON FOR MY LIFE I WAS TOLD TO KEEP FIGHTING WHILE HOSPITALIZED! I AMOST DIED I WAS TOLD TO HANG ON AND KEEP FIGHTING.

NOW THAT I AM OUT OF THE HOSPITAL AND FEELING A LITTLE BETTER AND ON MY FEET, I AM NOW FIGHTING WITH CHASE BANK! THIS STARTED BACK IN 2008, NOW FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS I STILL AM TRYING TO REFINANCE AND GET MYSELF BACK ON TRACK. IF YOU CAN IMAGINE APPLYING OVER 100 TIMES AND GETTING THE SAME STORIES! HELP FOR HOME OWNERS MY AS..!

OBAMA HELP FOR HOMEOWNERS ISNT WORKING AT ALL. WHAT A JOKEI AM ON DISABILITY AND HAD TO FIND RENTERS TO TRY AND QUALIFY. I HAD TO HIRE AN ATTORNEY AND NOW CHASE ARE NOT RETURNING HIS CALLS EITHER!!! OR WHEN THEY DO THEY SAY THEY DIDNT GET MY PAPER WORK.HE SENT EITHER OR THEY WOULD NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HE REPRESENTS ME!

THEY CONTINUE HARASSING ME AS WELL CHASE ALSO GIVE MY ATTORNEY THE SAME LAME EXCUSES! WHERE IS OUR HELP WHERE IS THE MEDIA COVERAGE? I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I HEARD FROM A POLITICAL FRIEND. MEDIA WONT PRINT THIS STUFF BECAUSE THE SAME PEOPLE THAT OWN THE MEDIA OWN THE BANKING INDUSTRY, THEREFOR WE ALL MUST TELL OUR STORIES TAKE THE TIME TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW HOW THE BANKS LIKE "CHASE" ARE NOT HELPING THE ONES THAT NEED IT THE MOST!

TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW! THIS COUNTRY IS GOING TO *** IF THESE GREEDY PEOPLE DONT STOP WITH THIS ABUSIVE LIFE STYLE! THEY GOT THE MONEY FROM THE GOVERNMENT ALREADY! BUT ARENT WORKING WITH US IN NEED!

PLEASE CONTINUE ALL OF US MUST FLOOD THE INTERNET WITH OUR STORIES! THANK YOU FOR READING MINE!

#420694

Yes, I am up for a class action suit. The runaround is rediculous. No return of calls, and when you get through they tell you the system is dowm.

Cut the BS. Where are all the lawyers whe you need them for this kind of atrosity.

Enough is enough. They can have the house.My credit is ruined and the economy is no better. I have applied for more jobs than you can imagine, but when 3000 apply for 100 jobs what do you expect. HR people must be overwelmed with paperwork.

The politicians are all lying and that is the root of the problem. Bailed them all out with my tax money and then kissed us goodbye.

We started the modification process in October 2008!!!!!!!!

Hint: When your chase representative is either from another country or repeatedly threatens you - SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR (nicely as the victim)

We finally got a good representative, and a modification was approved within 3 months. We signed the paperwork this week.

BUT they added 65,000 foreclosure costs on the loan - when we didn't foreclose.

So the fight isn't finished.

Oh and we just found out that chase doesn't even own our loan - after they told us for 3 years that they did..

same thing! 5 months of redo this or that over and over.

looming auction coming and what do I do just wait. case worker to contact every 3 days.. not happening. what's the point.

money finally coming in but 5 months behind now. let get this done. does the underwriter even contact you?

They should have a couple choices so you can pick the best for you. A foot on your throat saying this is it only going to help a little, why not make it just work?

You won't get an answer about your modification unless you are in default for at least three months. THEN...they will look at your application.

Then, if you are accepted, like I was, they will screw up your pmts, so keep a record of EVERYTHING, and get confirmation numbers.

I went from a 5.5% mtg of 318K at a remaining 23 yrs, to a 5.5% 40 yr note of 340K Thanks Chase....now they are saying I have to start over because some paperwork is missing???

Better off getting a mtg anywhere else...believe me. IF your credit is good, get out now!

Get another mortgage somewhere else...you are in trouble. CHASE will NOT help you.

I have been getting the run-around since Sept. 2011.

The so-called supervisors are not doing their jobs either. I wish that Chase would have never bought my loan.

Please sell it to another bank. :cry

I have been going through this loan modification since Sept. 2011.

I have been getting the run-around also. No one explained the process and the so-called "supervisor" did't help either. I would not recommend anyone to bank with Chase.

My loan was sold to them about 3 years ago. I wish they would sell it to someone who knows what to do.

WTstandUP

I have been going through these same things trying to get a loan modification with chase and getting out of foreclosure with chase as I read above here. They have me sending and faxing the same things over and over, then they say this needs updated and I send the same thing over and over and over.

This has been going on now about 6 months, I don't think Chase ever had any intentions to give me a loan motivation to save my house, they just wanted to pretend they were doing something with me in case the White House or the likes says why are you not helping with this loan motivation they can say, look at all the paper work but chase will say David didn't do this or that right and we declined him. WHITE HOUSE DON'T EVER HELP CHASE WITH A BAIL OUT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES OR YOU'LL HAVE AMERICA AT YOUR DOOR OR ANY POLITICIAN THAT TRIES TO HELP CHASE WILL BE TAKEN OUT OFF HIS OFFICE!!!

I have been having the same issue since July 13th 2010,we pre-qualified over the phone for a mod, and we are still trying to get this done as of today 8/16/11. I have faxed over the same paper work at least 100 times in the past year, and we are told that they need the paper again cause it was over 30 days of being signed!

Called today and same story we will call you. I have spoken to the lawyer they have hired for our foreclosure and she stated keep faxing what they want.

Well I am tired of faxing the same *** all the time...I called my Attorney General today!! Oh and Chase stated to me this morning we will call you later this afternoon...Still no call back as of 3:50 PM Fingers crossed my AG can get somthing done!!

I just won. I beat the bank after THREE YEARS. I faxed every week, called numbers that i dug up...president, vice president, secretaries. But then in total desperation after a three year battle i found the secret to success. In two months my loan was approved and finalized. Not a temp, a final mod. 3.375% financing. I had paid all loan payments up till July of 2011. My mortgage is cut in half. Goes to 4.33% in five years after that no changes. I can finally breathe. All I can say is persistence pays off. I signed my papers 8/5/2011. After 4 natural disasters and living in fear for years I am happy.

This process is not for the faint of heart or for someone who will cry poor me after 3 months. This is an epic battle. I am very proud of myself. My children and I will not be moving the end of this.month and instead I am fixing the house and working in my garden with a smile.

I will be youtubing how i won in the next few weeks.

JayneH

As I read the initial commentary re. Chase, I was amazed.

I went through the exact same thing with being told I was qualified for modification and/or their other Home Affordable Refinance programs and lo and behold, when push came to shove, I was turned down for everything I applied for. And yes, I submitted the necessary paperwork multiple times and have the fax confirmations to prove it but was told on several occasions they did not receive.

To add insult to injury, they raised my payments almost $400 a month due to an escrow shortage. Their explanation was my taxes decreased, yes decreased, and my homeowners insurance increased so their "calculation" shows I now have to pay for this "shortfall." I am consulting an attorney this week and will post my progress.

I have been dealing with chase for the last year for my modification. Every week they tell you two to three more weeks.

They said claim they had an issue with my deed but their the ones that bought my loan form a previous lender.

Why would chase buy a loan from a house that they had to questions regarding the deed can someone answer hat one. Some thing fishy is going on now they say next week.