Syracuse, New York

Update by user Aug 09, 2012

-UPDATE- 8-8-12

Over the years Chase has sold me off to a few companies who have offered pennys on the dollar. I have utterly refused. What they did was unethical, illegal, and *** WRONG !!! not a time will i give...

Today, in the mail, i got a letter. I have been chosen to be a part of a class action law suit filed against Chase Bank awarded 110 million dollars to people who were charged these insane fees.

Granted ill see 5 bucks from the settlement in the end, BUT it gets wiped from my record. all of it... I won...

I beat the bank....

-ME

Original review posted by user Mar 31, 2010

This past Jan (2010) TPTB passed some bill not allowing banks to charge 35.00 overdraft fees any more, and like most Americans who pay little attention to what ever Washington is doing these days, It went un-noticed by me as well. That being said, the finnancial institutions of the country in unison suddenly started offering this " free over draft protection! NEVER be embarassed at a check out line again! " .. blah blah blah.. You got one in the mail too, You just don't remember it. Any way, what the letters amount to is that they are "giving you" this free service where they will honor any over drafts that hit your account, and you are GIVING THEM permission to charge the fees! unless of course you read the *** thing and OPT out of the program which I did not... So here we are few months later, out of the blue I see my Checking account is like neg 300 bucks ! I immedietly drive to my local branch and have a sit down with the branch mannager. Come to find out, they cleared some 113.00 autopayment that my fault, I had forgotten about, and were hitting me with not one, but THREE 35.00 OD fees for *** little 5 bucks here, 8 bucks there, what ever, always in threes because they want to make SURE you pay the max of 3 per day.. Now I understand why they are on everyones *** to use "credit" everywhere and get thier infamous reward points, so they can do this to ppl. So any way, here I am, I explain to the lady that I pay child support, I make very little money, "as you can see" I told her, think they did anything at all for me? nope... nodda... I called the 1-800 number lodged a formal complaint on the branch and the mannager, I am on every one of these boards I can find, and I changed my Direct Deposit to a prepaid Green Dot card, Chase will NOT be getting the balance I owe on my card. Send it to collections see if I care...

WARNING TO ALL! espescually if you have Chase. But all banks are doing this. call them and OPT OUT of this rediculous overdraft thing, all it simply is thier way around the bill that was passed preventing them from doing this. (unless they have your permission to charge the fees, by being in the program)

-me

Product or Service Mentioned: Chase Bank Checking Account.

Comments

Stole 20K last week. Claim its authorized under the signature card agreement. I am lawyer. They are WRONG. Its a crime and a tort!

Calling a press conference soon.

cr.defenders@yahoo.com if you have a story and willing to be interviewed by me or media.

Jim, J.D.

Chase is scamming you however they can to make you pay more fees. If you are like most people with busy lives, you don't have time to read every little thing mailed to you.

Chase is writing stuff in small print making you do something unless you pay a fee.

Do you think that is right? Maybe you think it is not the bank's fault that the person did not call in to opt out, but why should the person have to in the first place?

Chase Bank is stealing your money. It may be in some legal way, but they will get you eventually if you bank with them.

ONLY *** PEOPLE BANK WITH CHASE!

ONLY *** PEOPLE BANK WITH CHASE!

they rob you silently

watch out for the $10 every month that they take if you dont keep$1500 or do some transactions.

cheaters !!!!!!!

Same thing happened to me. Only now i get emails saying the have recieved my direct deposit.

Then After ive seen that im supposed to have money in the bank they will hit me with sevaral more insufficent funds fees

. They suckered me in with lies of no fees . Of Chase were alive today id assinate his punk stealing ***. Now all i can do is listen to them pass the buck.

Liars and theives thats all. That is the last time i pay to have my own damm money.

Let me see....Chase sent you a letter offering you a program. You signed up for the program without reading the contract.

Then you overdraw your account and they charge you the fees that you agreed to in this contract.

Now you are blaming them. Curious.........

Where are the lawyers for the consumers. Chase should be obligated to grant 30 days warning before an charge or fee will be imparted. Obama-HELP> Fix this, please.

They are pushing up the rates on all thier loan account even credit cards, I was able to change out the morgage, but I have a 3.99% fixed rate on a consolidation balance tranfere loan on my chase C.C card with a balance of now of $22000 (started at $32000 two yrs ago), where I paid min. of at least 2% = $440 a mo.

(paying extra when I have it), well they chase decides that since they could not get away with ripping me off on the morgage, they would try to rip me off on the C.C. account. First the increased the min. payment to 5% in mid month after they had sent me the the monthly statement w/$440 min.

payment. I sent them $500 and they gave me a $39 late fee and said the min. was now $1010 and I owed them $1580 min. next mo.

or they would default to 29.99% interest.I paid them $2000 to clear and back payments. I asked them why and the supervisor accually said it was because they were not making big money on me. The supervisor after paying down $2000 also, offered me a 9.99% changeover rate for 2 years w/ a 5% bal. trans.

on the now $20000 = $1000 fee. This was an Chase trying to default the account to 29.99% or 2.5% monthly interest., then when I cought up with my emergence fund, they tried again w/ a higher limited time rate W/ A $1000 FEE TO BOOT!! I told them that they had caught me off balance, but I would stick with the low 3.99 year for the life of the loan, that I would just be paying it of quicker and each payment bring the monthly min. down.

If you have any kind of loan, C.C.,morgage, or business loan , transfer the balance to another bank as so as posible, and if chase really gets you behind the money train eightball, going bankrupt is always a option. Avoid doing business with them if you can!!!

Encouraging everybody to opt out is irresponsible. For some people opting out is a good thing, and for others opting in is a good thing.

Remember, it's not just about fees.

Opting out will avoid them in some cases, but will also delay the availability of funds on checks you deposit.

I did opt out, but I also never have checks to deposit. For people who don't have direct deposit, opting in could be the best choice so they can use their funds before a check completely clears

I am going back to having my paychecks cashed at Walmart for 3.00 and paying my bills with money-orders or even cash. Screw the banks.

You had the choice to opt out yourself. And if you make no choice, you are automatically opted out.

Who overdrew your account, the bank? Oh, no, it was you but its their fault right, not yours.

And you would have overdrawn if you had chose debit, not credit. And btw, when you dont pay them, they will get a court order to garnish your wages (and you dont even have to be notified of the hearing)and they will collect the original amount, the penalties AND interest so you should probably pay your debts that you are responisble for.