Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
This week Chase had a scare with somebody sending threatening mail to several Chase Branches. I can see why. I have been royally screwed by this "bank" and I would love nothing better to see their name slandered in the news, and I especially feel for the...

they wont help me either i have never been late on none of my payments..and im paying high interest..what to do starv or make hose payment..think i will take the whole family out to steak tonight ..it will take a year to get us out by then the weeds will have been takin over..down with chase..

View more comments
Chase Bank Checking Account

Chase Bank in Trenton, Michigan - Chase Home Mortgage Bank (JP Morgan Bank)

One of the worse banking companies in existence today, Hope they are the next to fall big time. These fools keep adding charges to the small balance I have on my mortgage. It should have been paid off in August 08 instead as it stands today I still owe them 987.00 total. Each month they come up with another excuse to extort money from us for this mortgage that should have been paid months ago. They are crooked, corrupt and should be shut down today. Not deserving of dealing with the public. One can only hope Chase Bank befalls what other corrupt institutions such as Chase have in recent days.
lisabielawski

My heart breaks for each and every circumstance here. I have been either a science teacher or school administrator for the past 10 years.

In June I received notice that my position was being abolished due to budget cuts. We have our mortgage with Chase. Simultaneously Chase added 500.00 to our current mortgage payment ( paid regularly for 1.5 years) stating they "noticed" a deficit in escrow? No explanation..no prior notice..so our payment increased from 3,464 to 3,964 the same month I lost my position.

Thankfully my husband still has his position, however, on Long Island, dropping to one income with three kids in college left us unable to make the regular payment, let alone the increased payment. We started the loan modification process in July and were notified our three trial payments would be close to what the reduced payment would be once approved for final modification 2,800. The 3 mos turned into 7 mos. During this time I am still unemployed and receive the maximum 405.00 weekly in unemployment.

We faxed and resubmitted the same documents time and again. Every month we received late statements with no record, other than my bank statements, showing the reduced payments made monthly. Finally we receive the fedex with the final paperwork. I will not waste time including the hours and hours on hold, talking to representatives that had conflicting stories on the same day, and the emotional and physical impact this has had on our lives.

I see we have all experienced the same incompetence and lack of decency provided by Chase. I open the FEDEX with trembling hands, tears of joy streaming down my face....yes the 2800.00 monthly will continue to be a struggle but we can remain in our home right??????

Chase added over 21,000 to our principal increasing it from 354,000 to over 370,000, our monthly payment ongoing will be over 3,400 a month. 67.00 a month less than when we started this whole process. Mind you, it arrived stating I have 12 days to sign and return.

I left 27 messages for the loan negotiator. Not one returned. I spoke to 9 chase employess in the loss mitigation office before one connected me to the negotiators supervisor voice mail. I left 6 messages with him without response.

Finally another Chase representative emailed the loan negotiator internally and her supervisor. The negotiator finally called me. When I questioned her figures... we were given a drop in interest rate from 6.75% to 4.75% and yet the monthly payments were 67.00 less?

She stated that we have a balance of 39,000 dollars due and that was the best they could do for us. When I got up off the floor...I asked her how we had a 39,000 past due amount when we have been making the required payments and had not been late at the onset of this process, she could not answer. 3 days and a nervous break down later,I contacted the executive office for Chase today at 3:00 PM EST. By 3:45 the negotiator called me and said that even though she knew nothing would change..she would have her supervisor( the one who did not return over 16 voice mail messages from me prior) look over the account!!!

I have 4 days left to sign and return this modification before the whole thing expires.

What Chase is doing to loyal, hard working and honest customers is criminal!!

Contact me if interested in a class action suit!! These people have destroyed my health and my life!!!

Chase Bank Mortgage
Loss

Chase Bank - Lazy or Corrupt?

I am uncertain what the reason is, but Chase is the most unfriendly, unhelpful bank I have ever dealt with. I had no balance due on my account until an unexpected charge appeared on the card. Since I do not receive paper statements, I had no idea. The charge was legitimate, no problem. When I went paperless, I realized the potential that an old recurring charge or the like might surface, so I set up an alert to let me know that a payment was due. I chose the alert if a payment is missed option. I have my Discover Card set up similar and if it is a couple days before it is due and they have not received a payment, they let me know by email. Naturally this seems like a reasonable way to use this feature. Well, I guess not. I did not receive an email on or before it was due, nor did I receive and email after it was past due and the charged me about $40! When I called (twice - two different representatives), they were unfriendly, uninterested and arrogant. I attempted to explained the situation, but was cut off with a blank, "That is no reason not to pay your bill!" I never said it was a reason not to pay. I just wanted some explanation as to why I did not receive an alert. Now that I have read a bit more about Chase, I see this is part of their systematic treatment of their clients. Why are we as tax payers bailing out companies that thrive on deceiving their customers? I think the $40 is rediculous, but I could accepted gracefully it if they would have a least listened to my question. I had an honest expectation that they put the alert technology in place to help customers avoid these unexpected situations. I have never been late with them or any other CC for that matter. I thought I was protected. I hope evenually there is a class action suit against them for this type of mis representation.
Chase Bank Credit Card

Chase Bank in Dallas, Texas - Chase wants to FORECLOSE-because of Nonpayment of Fees.

Yes, we were several months late with chase on our home equity loan. Chase was unwilling to work out payment arrangements with us in our time of need (my husband was layed off work). This past week, I went to a chase branch and made a large payment getting us caught up to less then 1 month behind. I started getting phone calls from chase ad was wondering why since I made a payment. I called the guy back and he said that I should not have made a payment that I am in foreclosure and have an auction date for Nov 4th. And I should have received a letter from their attorney.....Well, I never did in fact, I have just received my bill. Which he said I should not have received a bill for the past 2 months. Well I have bills and asked him if he wanted to go a branch and show them since he didn't believe me. He said in order to get out of foreclosure I will probably have to pay up to $1600 in attorneys fees. *** hit the fan right about then, we were finally able to get caught up with all of our creditors and this with would keep us from getting current. I Asked for the attorneys phone number because if there was an attorneys bill I want to see what they have done because I never received one *** thing from them. He gave me their number, I called and comfirmed with the attorney who said they just received our case, that they have not started anything with us or never sent us a letter. WELL...it is less then a month away from the date this guy is telling me they are auctioning off our house, aren't they supposed to notify us in writing???????????? So by the end of last week, they told us, ok if you pay $560 in fees (since by that time I have paid our regular bill making us completely current) that we would be in good standing and they would stop the foreclosure process. So we did. Now, yesterday, Tuesday, I get a call from this guy AGAIN.....I am sorry we made a mistake, you still owe us $340 to stop the process......ARE YOU *** KIDDING ME??????? This should be SO ILLEGAL, what is going on? Why are they doing this? I am so ready to sue CHASE. Please email if you have had a similar situation, this is ridiculous and should not be allowed. But for $340 in FEES, we could lose our house if we don't pay this. We are going to have to pay this, but we are not keeping quit about this....people need to know there rights or lack there of. Our Government Bails these banks out for $700 BILLION then our government needs to know that these banks are unwilling to work with the American people who are the real people that need bailed out. Contact if you want to start a law suit for a similar case. We have contacted an attorney in regards this.

*** undisciplined *** Well, no worries about your *** in the wringer. You will be bailed out by the rest of us. *** leach.

lisabielawski

What Chase is doing to loyal, hard working and honest customers is criminal!!

Perhaps if scrote bag losers like yourself actually paid their bills like they are supposed to, you would not be in this situation. No worries though, Obama will bail your skanky *** out. :)

dunkinjaz70

Many I have been dealing with chase myself. I was and again in foreclosure status with Chase.

Last year I got a payment plan with them in August to where I have to pay 2000.00 a month for 6 mos. I called them in September last year to see if we could do a modication on our loan and they sent me all the paperwork. Now mind I was still paying 2000.00 check month. Unit November 2007 when I called and they told me will if you are in modication of your loan that wips out the payment plan and you should just be holding on to that money.

I said ok where is the money I have been sending in. they never answered me. Also told me that my paperwork was lost and I would have to refax it. So I did.

They told me to call back the end of Dec to check status. So I called mid Dec will omg they lost paperwork again. Refaxed told to call back in Jan will let me tell you this kept on until March when I received a letter from them stating the modification was done and that I had 5 days to get them 3000.00 and that my payments would start up April 1st. in the momment of 957.00 will I got the money together sent back all the paper work that need to be signed and notified and everything will of course they lost the paperwork.

I called them mid april and asked them since they didn' t have paperwork should I send in my payment the told me no the modification is not in the system yet because they don't have papwork so they would not take my monthly payment. So every month I would call them nope the modification was not in the system yet they can't find paperwork. Will come July of this year they started calling me telling me I was 3 months behinde in payments. So I sent them 1400.00 dollars and told them that they had told me not send in money because modification was not in the system they told me that it was in the system by the end of May.

I told them to look at the records and they could see everything they had told me. SO now in September I sent them 1000.00 by westerUnion and they sent it back to me because I'm in foreclosure again. OMG. The 1000.00 was refunded to my credit care yet the debit card as not put back on my card(9/26/2008) that is whole other issues I'm dealing with.

So back to Chase I asked if they would do a payment plan and yes they would. But they would need 4000.00 as down payment and 2050.00 for payments for next three months. That was to start in Dec with me making payment of 4000.00 counting the 1000.00 I sent them that they sent back (which is just *** to me) that now the 1000.00 is lost somewhere. But they have to keep redueing the payment plan because one person startes it and does it wrong or just doesn't submit in.

My stress level is over the top dealing with this stuff. :( :cry

You need to get yourself an attorney - not to keep from being foreclosed on, but to show Chase they are not dealing with some uneducated person who is willing to sit back and be humiliated and attacked. If you cannot afford an attorney, contact your state bar association - there are attorneys out there that ARE affordable.

We've been going back and forth with Chase for about a month not, with a much kinder agent trying to help us ... but we're not done yet. (Just recently went through a similiar situation as well with Ocwen..

funny thing is, Ocwen is owned by Wells Fargo, who is "married" to Chase... go figure!)

View more comments (4)
Chase Bank Loan

Chase Bank in Westwego, Louisiana - Closing an account-gave incomplete information and charged me

When inquiring at the local bank how to close an account at Chase, I was informed that I could go in to close it or let it get to a zero balance. What they didn't tell me was that if I choose the second option, they would leave the accont open for four more months and charge me banking fees and overdraft charges for those banking fees in the meantime. Why tell someone to let their account go to zero, knowing they won't have money to cover the bank charges that they didn't warn you about? When I called and asked for the complaints department all I got was attitude-no phone number. Also, they don't post a complaint number on their website.

This happened to me. I was so angry that the bank had taken so much of my money, I went in to close my account.

They wouldnt let me close it because I had just gotten paid by direct deposit and it was still pending. So, I took out all my money, and they knew I was going to close my accounts, but then they transferred 5 dollars from my checking to my savings and charged me an overdraft fee.

Then, somehow, they charged me another overdraft fee for the money I took out... and I didnt do it at an ATM, they gave it to me, so I obviously had it!

Chase Bank Checking Account
Loss

Chase bank..worst bank ever..

My vows start over a year ago.Firstly i got my card and check books only after a month.The agent apparently got my email address wrong.I rechecked the application and saw that it was the error of the bank.Last month applied for a debit card.Never got it so far.First it was sent to my old address.I had updated my address before requesting this card.Then still no answer..dont have the courtesy to call or email to find out about my location.Next i come to know that it has been resent because i am not on the lease.This is false if it comes in regular mail it wouldnt have been stopped.i have been receiving mail and another debit card for that fact in the mean time...CHASE BANK *** BIG TIME..its hight time they close this bank!!
Chase Bank Debit Card

Chase Bank will STEAL YOUR MONEY

Chase Bank just charged me $421 to close a $2500(two thousand five hundred) Line of Equity. This closing fee was never disclosed to me, and the contract they had me sign is so vague that they pretty much can do anything they want. CHASE BANK IS A BUNCH OF THIEVES!!!!! I have been using Chase Bank for my checking account, savings account, IRA, first mortgage and Line of Equity, so I have been a great customer for Chase Bank, and after all that, Chase Bank is STEALING $421 from me. If you enjoy hanging onto the money you work hard for, DO NOT DEPOSIT this money with Chase Bank. Chase Bank will do everything in their power to *** over!!!

The minimum amount for a HELOC at Chase is $10k and the early closure fee is %1 of the original line amount or $400. If a HELOC is $40k or more it is $400, $30k is $300, and so on.

There is no such thing as a $2500 HELOC. The early closure fee is clearly disclosed in the loan documents.

Goblue

Same thing with me. I was charged for closing a home equity line of credit.

In my case it was $60.00. I've asked customer service many times to explain the charge and have never gotten a proper reply. On one reply they told me they couldn't find the account because it was closed.

No kidding. Like you, I'm moving my savings, checking, mortgage, charge card...all of it.

View more comments (1)
Chase Bank Deposit

Chase Bank in Bend, Oregon - I'm suing Chase!

I have been in the process of suing chase manhattan for 2 years, due to their constant mis handling of my mortgage payments, and ruining my credit due to the errors in their accounting programs. I highly suggest that all of you with problems with them do the same. It may be difficult to find an attorney that wants to tackle suing the 2nd largest bank in the U.S. their very own attorney has admitted that they screwed up our account! It's time to stand up against these *** banks in the United States that are ripping away our American Dream!

attorneys are the biggest wimps this side of the planet i know i have a lawsuit and no right wing wimps in idaho will take it if it was seattle or san fran or califonai they take it but old right tighy idaho wont touch it reason im moving everyone need s to sue chase their fing evil devils

Chase Bank Loan
Loss

Chase Bank in Washington, District Of Columbia - Chase Private Education Finance, Complete Incompetence.

On July 11, 2008 I applied for a Chase Private Student loan and was approved. I faxed them all my documents (proof ID, proof of enrollment, and loans docs) by Monday, July 14. I thought all was fine until eight business days later when they told me my drivers license was unclear and I would have to refax it again. I refaxed my license and it took them yet another eight business days to receive the copy and to tell me it was unclear. I offer going to a local chase branch and submitting it that way, only to be scoffed at and told that was absolutely impossible. Not to mention everytime I called I was on hold for no less than 1 hour only to speak with less than nice customer service. Anyways, fast forward to Sunday August 23, 2008, merely days before I move in to college. I call Chase, on hold for only 40 minutes this time, to find out when my check would be mailed out. I spoke with a rather kind man who informed me the loan was in dispersal status and the check had been printed, enveloped, stamped, and would be in Monday's mail via USPS. So the waiting game then began, Thursday came, I moved in to school. Then Labor day and the beginning of September still with no check. I gave them the benefit of the doubt (slow mail/holiday weekend etc...). I again tried calling but I just didn't have half a day to clear out in my schedule to hold for Chase bank. Friday September 5th was my breaking point. I called Chase to check the status of my loan check, only to be told that my loan was cancelled by my cosigner...hmmm wait a minute...I don't have a cosigner. A few minutes of a very upset me trying to keep my cool the woman whom I was speaking with discovered that my loan had accidentally been cancelled by the person whom I spoke with on August 23rd. 50/50 shot I would be able to get it reinstated. Yup, 50/50 to quote the supervisor I ripped a new *** "If you had realized our error two or three days after it happened we would be able to fix it" After about a week of constant blunt phone calls to the incompetant buffons at Chase, several calls pleading to the Office Of Student Accounts begging to extend the tuition deadline, the great people at the New Jersey Banking Commission and the New Jersey Department of Consumer Affairs helped straighten everything out in a weeks time. Chase left me in a hopeless state, cancelling my loan by mistake and clearly not wanting to fix it. They have no accountability and simply did not care. To them I was nothing more than another poor 18 year old kid without parents that can pay for college in need of a loan. They pushed me around, they were rude, they didn't want to work to fix THEIR error that nearly cost me an entire year of college. Do not go through Chase. They simply don't give a rat's *** about you and won't want to help you. Their ungodly slow and completely incompetant when it comes to anything that may take a few seconds of thinking.

I feel for you, beleive me!

have a similiar complaint but being the parental co-signer for my son. We applied online and within 2 days got a letter stating we were conditionally approved. Great! However, the letter did not request anything for me to do, so I wait almost 2 weeks before I realized they are not doing anything. After a long wait on the phone I get a Rep who explains I need to go to a specific website, go through a lengthy sign-up process, then print the promisory note, sign it and send copies of our license front and back.

We did this immediately. Then we waited. The web page said we have received your paperwork. Check back for a status update in 24 hours. After calling everyday for 3 weeks, I was fianlly told that my paperwork was received and that everything looked good and to give it a couple more days. When I called again, we were told that my son did not have a credit report file and that his social # could not be verified. We had to scan and fax that. It took a week to show that came through. I actually faxed it to the processor that was working on the case. Finally, I thought things were good. Wrong! I got a letter in the mail and a large envelope both from Chase. The large envelope contained a letter stating the promisory note was not acceptible and the DL was not readable, to do it all over again. The second letter stated that my son's Federal Stafford loans were declined because of an incorrect school code. The code came from the Chase site I clicked while filling out their application. I called the school and they tell me, congrats...we fianlly have a certification letter from Chase..same day I get the decline.

I talked with at least 15 reps and excallated calls with 4 supervisors. To date, Now September 15th, all is not completely finished. We started the process on August 2, 2008.

Our college also stated 5 other students were having the same problems....hmmmm...signal something is amiss! Thankfully, the school accepted the conditional letter and after two weeks of school w/o books, my son was able to get items he needed. Chase sucks bigtime! We will not be renewing next year with them. Also, since Chase approved me, my credit report showed a loan in process and I could not just drop them and go elsewhere. We were cought in a *** cycle with Chase. Good luck to anyone who decides to use them.

Chase Bank in Kalamazoo, Michigan - Chase-foreclosure

My husband and I lived in our home for 4 years, due to him losing his job, and having to take a pay cut, we were getting further and further behind on payments. Once we had to borrow money from a relative and 2 other times use our taxes to play catch up. We tried applying for refinancing, extending the terms of our mortgage, home equity, you name it, we tried! And qualified for nothing. I was only making $9.00 an hour at 25 hours a week and we were told we made $50 too much for help. We finally decided we had to try to sell our home, in the first week we had a buyer! But to our dismay we listed it $2000.00 less than what we owed. We contacted Chase to see if we could work a payment arrangement on the $2000.00 and they said no. Now our home went to foreclosure and they are selling it $10,000.00 less than what they would have gotten if we could have sold it! I had a credit card through them as well, which went into collections, when I got the money I paid it off in full and my credit report still has me owing the full amount...that was 4 years ago! I would not recommend going through Chase! They don't become one of the richest banks for no reason!

Did You get denied for Home Modification ?

Are You In Forclousure ?

Are You Behind on Your Mortgage ?

If you have fallen behind on your mortgage as a result of a loss of income

and can't refinance your mortage due to loan to value issues, I can potentially

help you avoid foreclosure!

We also specialize in chapter 7 and 13 Bankruptcy,affordable and professional.

WE CAN HELP YOU NO MATTER WHAT YOUR SITUATION.

Help is only a phone call away!

Contact us!!!!! 212 709 8141