Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Chase Bank Rip-OFF

Chase Bank doesn't give a RATS AS..about me as a customer...and that's OK......But it's not OK when they operate in bad faith, redirect our social security check without our permission and think it's OK.......Please view my slideshow at http://www.youtube.com/justacustomer Please pass this link on to family and friends. My email address is lucyanddiesel@gmail.com if you have any questions. Remember: http://www.youtube.com/justacustomer http://www.youtube.com/justacustomer http://www.youtube.com/justacustomer http://www.youtube.com/justacustomer http://www.youtube.com/justacustomer http://www.youtube.com/justacustomer

Chase Bank stole my savings

I opened a savings account with Chase Bank on 3/17/09. I started the account with a savings of $633. On 4/21 I made another deposit of $69.14. Went on line to check my balance and it was down to $533. They have transferred funds from my account when I have no other account to transfer them to! Chase bank has stolen money from me in only slightly more than 60 days of business with them. Stay away from Chase bank if you wish to have a nest egg. They will rob you of your hard earned savings.
#1191630

I agree.

Chase bank is not a operating bank governed by US laws and regulations. It is a bank that is being operated by Sharia law.

And they can do whatever they want to do with your money and get away with it and your politicians are in bed with them to still your hard earned money? So don't be surprised look at strait to your white house all the tifs and criminal elements are running for an office.

I had an account with Chase Bank over 3 years ago which has been closed over 2 years. I am with another bank and my social security check got direct deposited into Chase Bank!

I don't have an account with them anymore and I didn't change my info with Social Security to have them Direct Deposit my disability check into that bank. I went to use my debit card from my bank which isn't Chase and I have ZERO money. Now Social Security tells me I changed the info and had it put in Chase and Chase says it's not there. WHERE'S MY MONEY....

This is unreal how they can go and STEAL a disability check from an old customer. On my way to Police Dept to file Theft/Fraud complaint.

CHASE is STEALING former WAMU Free Checking customers money in the amount of $10 FOR A NEW SERVICE FEE. chase refuses to be bound to our written AGREEMENTS.

CHASE has simply just CHANGED the NAME of our accounts and ILLEGALLY CHANGED the TERMS of our existing written AGREEMENTS.

CHASE REFUSES to honor written agreements. If you have ANY WRITTEN AGREEMENT with CHASE, DO NOT TRUST CHASE, THEY WILL CHANGE YOUR TERMS AND TELL YOU 'WHAT YA GONNA DO ABOUT IT'?

Chase withdrew $446 from my checking account a couple of months after I opened an account with them. The transaction said it was a withdrawal to another account.

I called them and they were outright rude, verbally abusive, gave me the run around, refused to transfer me to a supervisor, and stated that I would not get my money back. They withdrew the money to supposedly satisfy a negative balance from a closed Washington Mutual account from 2007. I was unemployed and have a family with two young children, now with only $21 in the bank.

Do not fall for Chase and their incentives to open accounts with them, this company is greedy, unsympathetic, and downright unprofessional. I will be closing my account with them as soon as possible.

#190565

Banks are great at stealing our *** money.

These are the banks that have stolen from me and the amounts.

TotalBank $110

Bank of America $2500 Isn't that Grand theft???

Chase bank $70

This is why I hate *** banks.

I opened my account with Washington Mutual in the year 2000. When Washington Mutual became Chase, Chase started withdrawing money from my Checking Account to another account that was not mine.

I called to see what was going on, and apparently someone with a similar name closed a negative account in 2008. I told them that it wasn't my account. I made a police report and completed all the paperwork that they requested. Still they continued to withdraw money from my account.

I'm really mad, they keep giving me the run-around and no one seems to know anything.

I'm closing my accounts and moving to a different bank. :( :(

I actually have a horrible story with chase. I deposited two checks in their atm one for $3.52 and the other for $1,470.

When I put the checks into their atm to deposit, the atm read "Error". So I called the representative and told them about this and they credited my account. One month later they took the money away from my account and claim "we need proof of those checks" . My reply is how do you expect me to show you proof when your atm took my checks.

After speaking to them for 45 minutes and to head of the Claims department, they still did not give me back my money. Now my account is at a negative and I do not have money to pay for college. I tried explaining this to them and they did not care. Their response "we wish there was something we can do".

There is something you can do, stop being so greedy and closed minded. All they care about is reading whatever is on their screen. I am extremely upset by this. If anyone is out there and would not mind helping me out can you please donate some money back to me until I get this situation settled.

This is my last year of college and I am just trying to graduate. If possible please send a paypal payment to mentalvisions@gmail.com.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you

@Mentalvisions

Whatever... whoever wrote the check can reissue. Nice scam though

Chase Have Robbed many people and will continue until we stand up, because there people are watching

Everyone contact the Inspector General Office, I contacted the Bank Commissions office, we will not be herd if its one, join together and take a class law suit against them, if everybody here go to the inspector generals office, we have a case, its time to stop crying, and start fighting, I am tired of being tired, who are the lawyers that work on contingency, chase is still robbing me blind, is anybody listening this is my email, jackieamos2@yahoo.com, you can take out a class action law suit on line, lets all join now, stop talking, crying, complainning, are you ready to make this right, how angry are you? put in your browser file a complaint with inspector generals office againts chase bank, get everybody you know, that have been robbed by chase, and have them to report it to the Inspector Generals office, together we stand divided we fall.

reviewing my account, chase withdrew $ 410 with a check in the name of another person signed for another person. is completely ridiculous as they are going to withdraw money from my account without authorization and check with name of another person without my signature!

what kind of bank they are?they stealing my money and I want it back now! tomorrow I'll call the bank that this is a great mistake of Chase and they have to solve now! I have not given any check and have the name and signature of another person, as I'll get rid of me? my account?

is this a joke? a bank are really serious!

I hope they fix this as I have to pay rent .

They are a bad bank. It is assumed that I have them as my bank you trust and not to take money to the account, name and signature of another person.

They are pushing up the rates on all thier loan account even credit cards, I was able to change out the morgage, but I have a 3.99% fixed rate on a consolidation balance tranfere loan on my chase C.C card with a balance of now of $22000 (started at $32000 two yrs ago), where I paid min. of at least 2% = $440 a mo.

(paying extra when I have it), well they chase decides that since they could not get away with ripping me off on the morgage, they would try to rip me off on the C.C. account. First the increased the min. payment to 5% in mid month after they had sent me the the monthly statement w/$440 min.

payment. I sent them $500 and they gave me a $39 late fee and said the min. was now $1010 and I owed them $1580 min. next mo.

or they would default to 29.99% interest.I paid them $2000 to clear and back payments. I asked them why and the supervisor accually said it was because they were not making big money on me. The supervisor after paying down $2000 also, offered me a 9.99% changeover rate for 2 years w/ a 5% bal. trans.

on the now $20000 = $1000 fee. This was an Chase trying to default the account to 29.99% or 2.5% monthly interest., then when I cought up with my emergence fund, they tried again w/ a higher limited time rate W/ A $1000 FEE TO BOOT!! I told them that they had caught me off balance, but I would stick with the low 3.99 year for the life of the loan, that I would just be paying it of quicker and each payment bring the monthly min. down.

If you have any kind of loan, C.C.,morgage, or business loan , transfer the balance to another bank as so as posible, and if chase really gets you behind the money train eightball, going bankrupt is always a option. Avoid doing business with them if you can!!!

It happened to me.... I have a checking account with Chase bank, one day I went to withdraw $900, the teller gave me the $900.00 and with a receipt that say $900.00, when I check my account later in the day, I saw a withdrawal of 1900.00.

. Please stay away from Chase bank.

Zoey, you are an ***. Do you work for Chase? Are you sleeping with the CFO?

Oh and by the way Zoey, mr chase, I stopped my direct deposit and taking the money to buy car magnets, With huge letters on it all about Chase Bank,

P.S. Not just a consumer but a victem as well.

I have been a victem of the Nigerian scam artist, it cost 32,000.00 $ and a bankruptcy, now getting on my feet chase bank is robbing me with extra charges out of nowhere. Consumer beware, double check your checking.

Zoey, you are an ***. I'm sorry but you are.

They cleared a check once and then TOOK IT AWAY from me once I started using the money to buy food. And then they slapped ridiculous charges when I couldn't pay for THEIR mistake. They said the check bounced. Well then WHY DID THEY CLEAR THE CHECK AT ALL IF IT WAS BAD TO BEGIN WITH? Easy, i'll tell you why. They're extorting people. It's really sad its happening recently too, never had a problem with them until now, but it seems bailout money is not enough for them.

Oh, and for the record, the check was NEVER bad. Everything was in line. They made the mistake on purpose.

Zoey, sounds like you've been sucked in by the brain washing banking jargon. First of all a bank is supposed to help the customer keep his money safe.

Why would you want to put your money into a bank that takes money from you? Also why is it in the interest of a customer to become overdrawn and be charged a fee? Let me answer this one. It isn't.

So in this modern age where technology is capable of processing money digitally at the touch of a button why is it not possible to tell the cutomer that he has insufficient money in his account and that if he goes ahead with a transaction he will suffer an extortionate fee for it.

Let me also answer this one. Because Banks are legalised criminal institutions praying on the common people.

CHASE IS DESTROYING ME. TOLD ME TO SELL MY CAR AND GET A BIKE AND RIDE IT TO WORK!!

WORK IS 20 MILES AWAY! THIS IS NOT AMERICA! THIS IS ***! OH AND FOR YOU PEOPLE WHO WILL WRITE AND SAY YOU SHOULD PAY YOUR BILLS I DID NEVER LATE!!

THEY RAISED ME TO 29.99 AFTER MY SON IN LAW DIED AND I CALLED AND TOLD THEM I MAY NEED 2 WEEKS TO MEET NEW PAYMENT AMOUNT! I HAVE LEARNED NOT TO CALL THEM!!

ALSO THEY DID TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT FOR NO REASON IN 2007 and 2008 SO PEOPLE WHO ARE WRITING THAT ARE NOT TELLING STORIES!!!!!!WHERE"S MY HERO!!!!!!! SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING TO HELP STOP THE LOAN SHARKS!

LOL, you two are ridiculous. I find both of your stories preposterous.

One the original complaint, the only way a bank would "take" money out of your account is if you had previously defaulted on a lending relationship or had a charged off balance and still owed money. You bet that Chase would pull that money that you OWED them. The response to the original poster is just as silly. False Balancing is supposedly where a bank will approve a transaction without you having the funds in your account to cover it, causing you to overdraw and then charge you.

First and most importantly...if you kept track of what you were spending you wouldn't overdraw. Period. The banks have no way to track what you are spending and the checks you are writing on a totally accurate basis. If you are so puzzled by this concept just go to work for a bank OR a credit union (they practice "false balancing" as well and will charge too) or just ask a bank employee how processing works.

They would be glad to explain it. AND PLEASE QUIT TREATING YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT AS A LOAN AND SPENDING MORE THEN WHAT IS IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had an account with chase as well, but it was a checking account and they did the same thing to myself and my husband. We had separate accounts and somehow were bouncing debit card transactions due to Chase's practice of "False Balancing".

It is finally coming out more in the media what these big monster mega banks have been doing to their customers. Clark Howard and Dave Ramsey suggest to put your money in a small local credit union.

That's what we did and we haven't been happier. Chase is pathetic.

View more comments (20)
Chase Bank Deposit

Chase Bank in West Haven, Connecticut - Has wrong number and will not stop calling

Chase Bank collection continues to call our cell phone 4-6 times a day. They are looking for someone we do not know. when we give them our account info they say your account is current - no kidding, but they will not stop calling. They have our name, they have the name of the person they are looking for - not the same, not related, but they say it is our responsibility to write them and get it straightened out. I don't think so. A couple of hours on the phone is enough. They maybe can afford computers to straighten this out, or maybe not unless the government lends them more money.

If you're still having this problem, you can email me ghenderson at silvercrestrealty.com and I'll get you in touch with an attorney that handles this problem. If these are auto dialed calls, without permission the min penalty is $500/call.

I'm having the same problem. I've told them the name they have it incorrect...similar to mine but obviously a different person.

It appears they look in a telephone cross directory and call people with similar names. They too wanted me to write them a letter stating I was not the person they were looking for...and, wanted me to disclose my social security number to prove it. Chase should put as much effort into screening credit card applicants as they do in chasing them down once they are in arrears on their account (no pun intended). I do not have any account with Chase...and after this experience I will never do any business with them.

I have stopped answering their calls and am now keeping a log of every call that they make.

The latest telephone number they're calling from is (210) 586-0050. Another thread suggested calling them and asking someone with any authority to "cease and desist".

Goblue

I've got the same issue..I get a collections call that isn't for me...the message is this call is for So & So...if you are not So & So hang up now and do not listen to this message..By continuing to listen you agree that you are So & So and you are responsible.....what total BS.

Here is my reply. You leave a message on my phone, even if it is for someone else, not only do I have a right to listen to it, I can do anything I want with that information. I'm recording the messages and thinking I'll just post them on the web for all to hear. To all collection companies....you leave a message on the phone I am paying for that message is now my property and I am free to do with it as I will. I don't care if you are leaving other people's names, account numbers, addresses, problems or whatever. If you don't want me publishing your collection calls don't call my phone..

if everyone did this...it could be fun..and create some issues for the collection companies..

You need to tell Chase that according to FCC rules, they can NOT call your cell phone, of which a charge occurs to you everytime they call, and it is against FCC rules. State that this is a cell phone, they are causing a charge or that it is a work number and according to FCC rules, they can not any longer call your cell phone.

View more comments (3)
Review

Chase Bank in Tallahassee, Florida - Scammed me into refiance that never happened

I Have had a mortgage with Chase for 10 years, never missing a payment. Wanted to refiance for the lower rates and assumed that staying with Chase would be preferable to everyone. I completed their full application packet with all necessary information. They qualified me and took a $750 application fee which they said was routine and would be refunded after the loan was complete. Two months later they changed their mind and say the fee is non refundable. No one is anwering my phone calls . Tried to contact their customer service Dept. and found they don't have one.

They told me to give them a $400 application fee, then offered me the same loan I have now with them if I paid them an additional 10K. RIP OFF.

I have been trying to get my $400 back for 3 months now. They don't return calls and I am constantly leaving messages.

Service
Chase Bank Loan

Chase Bank in Saint Louis, Missouri - JP MORGAN BUYOUT OF WA MU-CREDIT CARD SCAM

Chase bought Washington Mutual. I had a credit card with Washington Mutual. I have never been late on any payments on any of my credit cards or bills. The last statement I got from Wsahington Mutual was dated 3/20/09. I've been waiting for another bill. I didn't get one so on on April 22, 2009, I called. I was notified that $301 was past due. I made an automatic payment for April 23, 2009. I then immediately went on line to see why I was charged so much. I was redirected to Chase. I found the statement on line and noticed that my interest rate was now 29.99%. The maximum I had been paying was 11.99% with the majority at 1.87%. I tried to speak to a representative to explain I didn't get a bill, I had never been late on ANY bills but she kept telling me the contract, the contract.. YES. I understand if I was delinquent, my rate COULD go up. I totally disagree that it should have. I did not get a statement which is most likely due to the buyout. It seems that this was intentional and deliberate on the part of Chase, that they were unethical and did not pursue due diligence to properly notify customers of the potential that statements might be late or not sent at all during this transition period; consumers will miss a payment and "we" can bump up the rate to 29.99%. No wonder our economy is as it is

Ladies and gentlemen,

What we have is a nationwide issue regarding primarily former WaMu credit card holders that Chase Bank took over when they acquired the bank. The criteria they base account closure does not match what the customer has in his/her own financials.

People across the United States, from NY, GA, NV, CA are calling in to complain. Some have filed with the Better Business Bureau. Some have filed with Consumer Affairs. Some have contacted attourneys, our US Senators and House Representatives. One charming fellow even emailed the White House.

The bottom line is our accounts were closed. We cannot get those back. However, we can make sure Chase's decision does not affect our respective credit reports, and yes, we can file class-action if we so choose.

The point is to effect a change, we have to commit to continuing to pester not just Chase, but to keep contacting our represenatatives, the media, the consumer bureaus. We take Chase to the media, we take Chase to the Federal Goverment, we take Chase to court.

We keep it up on a daily basis, we can bring pressure down on JP Morgan. There is no factual basis for their decision in a nationwide shutdown that has targeted former WaMu account holders.

#61922

I also had a credit card with wamu.I have never been late with any payments.I thought things were going well with chase.Boy was i sadly mistaken .On 07/15/2009 a co. i had authorize to make a transaction informed me that it had been denied.I IMMEDIATELY contacted chase they told me they cancelled my card because other consumers were not paying their debts basicly.I WAS REQUIRED TO PAY $24.AND CHANGE INSTEAD I PAID $166.&CHANGE.MONTH PRIOR MY BILL REQUIRED ME TO PAY $15.00 . I PAID $300.00.IT WILL BE A COLD DAY IN *** WHEN I PAY MORE THAN THE REQUESTED AMOUNT TO CHASE.MY POINT YOU ARE NOT ALONE.CONTINUE TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT CHASE WILL SCREW THEM BY ALL MEANS NESS.CHASE SUCKS LET THEM KEEP THEIR CREDIT AND YOU CAN HOLD ON TO WHAT YOU WORK SO HARD FOR.[your money-respect]

Chase Bank in Dallas, Texas - REDIRECTED OUR SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK

We opened an account with Chase Bank and they redirected my husbands social security check from our credit union to CHASE BANK without our authorization...there is more to this story and their unethical business practices... I am working on posting my complaint on YOU TUBE. PLEASE SEND ME YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS AND I'LL SEND YOU THE YOU-TUBE LINK when i complete the shame on chase bank slideshow. .. YOU'LL BE THE FIRST TO VIEW IT..PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SEND YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY THE YOU-TUBE LINK...AGAIN...THE COMPLAINT SHOULD BE POSTED WITHIN 1 WEEK. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS LUCYANDDIESEL@GMAIL.COM and my name is Sonja.
Chase Bank Account

Chase Bank in Springfield, Missouri - Chase-The Old Bank One Jamie Diamond

I worked for Bank One (Chase) got fired because I would not change a credit score for the president of the company Jamie Diamond's best friend (next door neighbor). This was five years ago and I'm sure Jamie is still living on his big bucks!!!!!!! This was company policy but I was to break it for his friend. Maybe this should be turn into consumers reviews!!!! Or maybe someone should look at Jamie's pay checks . And if he fires people for doing their jobs right, what else does he have his dirty little hands into these days?

Liar liar pants on fire....... Credit scores are done by independent agencies. If you are going to lie at least make it believable..

While I am no Jamie Dimon fan. It would be nice if you would going to complain about your ex boss then you should know how to spell his name.

Chase Bank in Charlotte, North Carolina - Chase Credit Card

Chase bank took over Wamu for credit card and changed my due date. I paid on my scheduled date and my account resulted in $39 late fee and an APR of 29.99%. I have never paid Wamu late and my APR was over 3 times lower. It's amazing how companies use these economical hard times to benefit themselves. When I talked to the customer representatives they were very rude to me and acted as if they didn't care as to say "Tough Luck". Well, I closed my account and will pay out my balance in full and never use Chase again. Single mother

Oh my Lord, I had the same exact problem with Chase, when they took over WAMU they changed my due date

and charged me a late fee plus they

cancel my 0% interest rate promotion

that I had with WAMU. How disgusting that is. They will treat you like *** when you call in....Can someone stop this on going ugly

practices ?????????

Loss

Chase Bank in San Jose, California - Chase Suck

Washington Mutual offered me a master card credit account in 2005 & I accepted it. They give me a credit limit of $15,000. I never used it and several months after Chase took over Wamu I received a letter from Chase stating that my credit account has been closed do to inactive account. I was so furious that I went to a Wamu branch and closed 2 saving accounts right away. I closed all 3 of my CD accounts as they matured. I had at least $20,000 total in all my CDs and saving accounts at Wamu at that time. After Wamu became Chase their customer service has been terrible.

Never been late with good credit score of 715. My Providian that became WAMU and now *** Chase! Interest rate jumped from 12% to 27%. Spoke to 7 different people from India. 1 of the supervisors laughed at me with his coworkert I complained to him.

My final call went to the Phillipines. Get me some dam English speaking people.

Now the reduced my credit line from $15K to $11K; then closed my account yesterday.

My credit score will go down because I had this card for over 8 years. To add insult the credit score will have higher debt to credit ratio.

***! Lower my limit, cancel my card, screw my credit score, and leave me with a balance with 27% interest rate.

I know BofA and WellsFargo has problems too, but this is *** ridulous. Who is the best bank right now??? What is the best credit card right now>>>

Run fast if you hear rumors of Chase buying out your bank.

They are the worse company in any industry PERIOD!!!

wow bonbon...bet you told them...jack ***. and its called pay your bills on time.

if you have a good credit score your rate would never be anywhere near 30 percent...even if they raised it after buying WaMu. ATake some blame for yourself...Chase didn't force you to spend money you didnt have and couldnt afford to pay back.

they are HORRIBLE!!! 29.99% interest rate!!! I just had them cancel the card and told them screw u!!!!

View more comments (2)
Chase Bank Credit Card

Chase Bank in Austin, Texas - Very rude customer service. Would not stop payment on scams

I asked them to stop payment on a website that was a scam. They said they would, but did not. I got charged 99.99 for something I did not order. I called, talked to Jeramy, asked him to make sure I was not charged again from that website. He agreed, but when I was charge the same amount, from the same website the following month, he (jeramy, again) said it was my problem. He was very rude to me, and would not let me talk to a manager. I will not ever deal with Chase bank again. Especially Jeramy.

To the above comment what a sorry sorry joke of a customer service person you are. I have been told in the past when I left your bank the first time (before I was forced over as a WAMU customer) that something would be fine or not a problem in the least, only to have the total opposite happen later.

Even when I was prepared for the worst or an issue. You are nothing but frauds and thieves.

We cant stop payments on drafts. You were warned about this on your first call in ,and should have closed the account.

You have no excuse for this post.

This is what happens when you compromise your information.

We are here to help you... not bail you out.