Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Chase Bank in Lancaster, Pennsylvania - Chase Credit Card Minimum Payment Increase

I used some of the Chase checks issued with an interest rate that is for the life of the loan 3 or 4 years ago. I have been paying on time every time, and most times more than the minimum which averaged $350. per month. They increased my minimum payment this month to $820 per month. I called and they told me that the amount of principal I must pay per month increased from 2% to 5%. I would understand them doing that if (1), I had missed a payment or (2) on future charges. I my opinion that check I signed was a legal implied contract which I did not break and Chase credit card had to basis in this increase. This is a highly unethical business practice. I have canceled all my cards with them. The whole purpose of Chase doing this is to hope I will take a higher interest rate and lower principal-- this is very dishonest
Chase Bank Credit Card
I'm writing to warn people about Chase Bank's service fees. I accidentally overdrew my checking account a few weeks ago. Not only was I hit with an Insufficient Funds fee but also a Returned Item fee. What should have been $25 was $50. Of course trying to get any...

chase bank took my money out of my child support check card didnt even know i had money on the card since my ex was in jail,

Chase Bank Checking Account

Chase Bank in Los Angeles, California - Chases new WAYS.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH I have noticed quite a few changes ever since Wamu became Chase; they stopped sending overdraft notices right away. now they wait until the next day to send a notice to really *** over. their employees dont even let you know about your negative account if you stop by. and they don't freeze your card that way they can charge as many overdraft fees as they please. they have done this to me three times in the past few months. I used to rely on Wamu to look after my account for me and was used to their great customer service. I guess it is my fault for thinking that Chase actually cared about their cutomers. seems to me they are trying to make as much as they could from us. I mean I remember they had said it was going to be a slow transition but i dont know about you but they have really slapped me in the face. oh and by the way as of October 2009 they will enforce all of their million NEW rules. I am very dissapointed with this drastic change. and have now changed to a Credit Union.

Just called Chase regarding my FREE checking account and asked where this service fee is coming from as my checking is FREE. They told me the service fee is not a dual transaction fee.

What is this *** - get this because I wrote a check and used my debit card I am being charged a DUAL transaction fee.

What a bunch of ***. I'm done with these money stealers!

The thing you must understand is that a bank is not meant to "hold your hand" when it comes to your finances, also any bank has a "shadow limit" or a limit they allow users to go over their limits or overdraft- you can request usually through the client care folks over the phone that you not be allowed to do that.

years of working with banks has taught me quite a bit, and Overdraft fees are very, very annoying and I have had a pile myself after a bank (wachovia..) cost me $150 on an original overdraft amount of $0.16

View more comments (1)
Loss

Chase Bank in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Improper billing

I had tried to keep my payments on time but the payments never seem to be due at the same time. I have to keep to a strict payment system in order be able to pay my bills. I have been charged an over the limit fee and a late fee due to the way you do your billing. I refuse to make another payment until you drop all late fees and finance charges. I spoke to someone over 3 months ago and told him to cancel my card for tjmaxx which is through your bank. I cannot afford to pay the amount that is now due on it. I was also told that you have a policy that if you do not use the card you do not mail out a statement of previous charges this make it even harder to make payments to you. If you wish for the bill to be paid please drop all but 1 month of late fees and finance charges as that is what I really owe you. Thank you, Priscilla Mc Lellan

Chase Bank complaint

I too had a Chase Visa which I faithfully paid and as soon as the credit card bill passed, they raised my rate from 9.24 to nearly 17% citing that the profitability of the account. I closed the account rather than pay that highway robbery. I have banked at Chase for 20 years and last week I got a call from them saying that they noticed I had been charged $20 as a service fee. I told them I should not have any fees associated with the account. They asked if I kept $15,000 in my account or another associated account and I said that I had not for over two years. When I separated from my husband we signed the papers to have him removed from our joint account and he had to set up a new signin on the web for his banking and an IRA. So now they suddenly discovered I don't have and IRA attached to my account? I told the lady I wasn't going to come into the bank and she should just make the change to whatever would give me free checking. "No problem" she said. This week I received a piece of mail for my ex, but I opened it to see if I should forward it (by our agreement) and it was a debit card in his name with my account number on it! Then today I received an envelope from Chase that had five pages of explanation for different types of checking accounts, but it doesn't state anywhere on the papers which type of account mine was changed to. That was really helpful. This isn't the first time I have had trouble with them - several years ago they debited my account for an online order in Australia and when I submitted the information that I had not ever ordered anything from Australia and couldn't even find out what it was, they credited my account in the same amount. About a month later the money was suddenly gone again. When I called them about it they stated that it was my email address that was used to order the information and allowed it even though the CID number was not used. If I didn't travel for work and need to be able to use my debit card nationwide, I would not use Chase or any other large bank. I told the lady when she called about my checking account two weeks ago that if I have any more trouble with them I will just go back to my less convenient credit union.
Chase Bank Banking Service

Chase Bank in San Luis Obispo, California - I hate this bank! They totally screwed up my checking account when it went from WAMU to Chase.

I truly hate this bank! They really messed up my checking account, so withdrew all my money and went to a credit union. Now they're managing to do the same with my credit cards. The website also sucks...freezes up, tells me my password is wrong, etc. I HATE THEM! Never had a problem with WAMU, but when Chase took over, all that changed! Poor customer service online and on the phone. Folks in the bank itself were sympathetic, but didn't really matter. All the complaints went to higher ups who didn't seem to really care. If a company really respects their customers, they would listen! Had late fees due to no mistake of my own, just the bank. They didn't care. DO NOT BANK OR USE CHASE CREDIT CARDS!!!

I HATE CHASE !!!!!!!!! I HATE CHASE!!!!!!!

as soon as check clear closing the accounts!!!!!! horrible customer service, they rob you!!!!!!

Add me to the anti-ChaseWAMU group. I'm still trying to get my money from a matured CD.

Beware! They take your money instantly, but they don't like giving it back.

Do not expect action on the first or second request. I'm now working on my third!

Chase sucks bad!!! they canceled my CC for no reason (my credit score actually had gone up).

Banking there sucks, no one has a clue about what to do, their systems are down and everything takes forever. I'm changing banks this week

I really do miss WAMU. I didn't realize how great wamu was until chase took them over.

Ugh.

View more comments (3)
Chase Bank Checking Account
Anybody else getting run-around from Chase Bank while trying for a HAMP (Obama Mortgage)? Submitted paperwork, clearly qualify, keeping calling, but can't get any answers, and now we've been late for the very first time. My husband was laid off, then I had a 20%...

i HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A MODIFICATION FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS TO NO AVAIL. FAXING AND RE FAXING DOCUMENTS REQUESTED BY THEM AND ATILL NOTHING.

I AM NOT TRYING TO DEFRAUD THIS COMPANY. JUST TRYING TO DO WHATS RIGHT FOR MY CHILDREN. I HAVE BEEN TOLD COUNTLESS TIMES BY COUNTLESS LOAN MOD SPECIALISTS THAT THE INFORMATION WAS GOING INTO UNDERWRITING. DENIED TWICE AND THEN TOLD TO RESUBMIT FOR ASSISTANCE.

THEY TRULY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. THEY ACCEPTED B BAILOUT PAYMENT FROM THE GOVERMENT AND THEN DO NOTHING FOR DISTRESSED HOMEOWNERS.

I CONTINUE TO FIGHT FOR MY FAMILY. ITS NOT OVER TILL ITS OVER AND WE SHALL SEE CHASE BANK IS TERRIBLE :(

Chase Bank Mortgage
I have been waiting for over a year for a loan mod with Chase. I have been given over 27 people to deal with in this time frame. We signed a forebarance agreement in May of 09 and made our payments before they were due. Since then, the bank allowed me to make...

I say we defiantly need to file a class action lawsuit, because my mom passed away 3 months ago and I have been trying to get mortgage help through the mortgage counseling group in my town, but Chase refuses to speak to me because the mortgage is in my mom's name and they say I haven't provided the correct information to get the loan in my name. My lawyer told me that they are asking for INVALID documents that can't be completed after someone has died.

I'm going to lose the only thing i have left that belonged to my mom because i can't get the payments lowered because they won't put the mortgage in my name. What's worse is I'm trying to pay and they won't accept what I can pay at this time, something has to be done.

Chase Bank Loan
Loss

Chase Bank in Stone Mountain, Georgia - Chase Tripled My Interest Rate After Wamu Takeover

Chase Tripled Mt Interest Rate After Wamu Takeover on my line of credit. 2.5% to 8.9 %. What a ripoff. BYE BYE CHASE!!!!!!!! RIP They treat Wamu clients as second class. Poor customer service. The old Wamu had good customer service. Chase is now trying to gouge customers. What can a consumer do? They were rude to me from their Texas offices, taked down to me insulting me even making threats to me that they would ruin my 789 credit score. This is a warning to everybody with a Chse account. Find another bank, I have with great satisfaction.

did anyone else get let go immediately after filing for unemployment???this is illegal. cant discriminate for being customer of government program.

had providian/wamu/then chase for 12 yrs. never made late payment, even paid 28%interest over 10 yrs. got my int rate down to 10%. when i lost my job, i paid off $5000 from my severance towards my $13000 balance w/chase.

they notified me they were raising my rate, and option to decline and close acct to keep old rate. i kept open since i have had this card the longest.

they dropped my credit line so now i looked maxed out, and closed my account anyway locking me into the 27% rate!!!! dont ever trust them

I was a WAMU customer and now forced to be with Chase. They recently doubled my interested rate for no reason.

When I called Chase, there reply was "I am sorry, we are doing this to almost everyones account.

We are a for-profit company." Chase is awful. They really should atleast use WAMU's customer service practices and take a look at their business ethics.

I was a wamu customer since i was 14 years now. Im almost 28 now and i have been forced to use chase and have had nothing but issues. Pending charges and cleared charges bounce around my statement, it seems to catch any overdraft fee they can. I have a 7 year old daughter with Rett Syndrome and iv been on unemployment since january and unable to find a job. Every dollar means the world to me.

This week i have spent hours on the phone trying to figure out the issue. TODAY i logged on to my online banking and someone, (there was no name on the charges) deposited $1300 in my account and IMMEDIATELY turned around and took it out. When i confronted a manger about this, she blew it off, was very rude and didn't seem to want to help or talk to me at all.

Its funny to watch my account total fluctuate 5-50 dollars off of what should be there. This week their unwarranted overdraft fees ate my entire unemployment check and left me $100 short from paying my utilities this month.

Im now looking to close my account with chase and move to a local credit union.

The name, Chase, gives them away. They CHASE all their currant & potential customers away.

There are other banks with better customer service. Who needs them anyway?

Well at lest they didn't close your account like 3 million good cust. members in July.

They rasied most of their accounts to 28% and then three weeks later they closed them, and you cannot change anything on them when they closed accounts.

Chase just sent a letter to all these people most are very good customers and was never late on their Chase credit card bill. They told them due to your credit report they closed the account, but When i ran my credit report, they never inquired it. My credit score runs around 760 to 780 and they rasied my rate from 3.2% to 24% I told them to lower it back, they told me no!!!

Then I got a letter in the mail said they closed the account. I had only 600 dollars balance on the account with a 1800 limit. I was shocked then went to credit form board on MSN, same thing they did to 3 million of their customers, what a bunch of ***!

Nothing I can do about it too. I will pay it off in 4 weeks, but they are still making money off me!!!

View more comments (4)
Chase Bank Credit Card

Chase Bank in Charlotte, North Carolina - ATM fees, insufficient funds fees..class action suit anybody?

Since Chase took over WAMU July 26, 2009..I have had nothing but problems with Chase's rules. There are no banking or home mortgage branches within 40 miles of my home (Charlotte)and due to Chase's mistake in posting (they were in merger state) I have been unduly charged insufficient funds fees, withdrawl terminal fees, check printing fees. You get transferred all over the place on the phone until you get some rude supervisor who tells you they dont care about the problem and I should take a trip to Florida where I opened the account and resolve it there. How can a bank charge for services like ATM fees when there are no ATM's to use? They finally credited me back $4 and I am still waiting for a credit for check printing fees that were supposed to be FREE but got charged for. If others are having problems...please contact me ...I would love to create a trail) paperwork.
#197122

Im having the same problem with the chase bank. If your account is overdrawn, Why is it that they allow that transaction to happen In the first place?

If you do not have the funds to cover that charge,declined should be the answer.Instead they allow you to continue to use your card asthough you have money in the bank to cover it. I say it's time to put a stop to this madness.

I also have been charged for overdraft fees that date back to 2006. Let me know about a class action suit.

i was ripped off by chase to from july to sept they have taken 1500 in fees and our money was there they just held it long enough to over draft my account and charge me massive fees

I am more pissed than I ever I have ever been with Chase/ Wamu merger. THe biggest blow came recently though when I took a check into the bank and asked them to cash it and hold it for several days to make sure that It would clear and the teller says it cleared within two days.

To my surprise a week later it comes back and then they say they wont help me.... Needless to say i have a paper trail for days and this is only the start of the story

View more comments (3)