Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Chase Bank review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Chase Mortgate is a bunch of idiots

I'm currently in contract to buy a house and I'm so frustrated dealing with Chase that I'm about to walk and we are 9 days from closing. They keep telling me that they don't have the documents that I've sent them, no matter how many times or ways I send it, they want me to send documents that don't exist and the accuse me of "forgetting" to send something in. Almost every conversation I have with these people, they want me to borrow more than I need because I'm qualified to borrow more, which I think is totally asinine. I am so fed up and done with these *** and I'm kicking myself for even going to them for a loan in the first place. If I wasn't so close to the end, I would tell them where to shove the mortgage. I can't believe I'm going to have to deal with these idiots for the next 15 years.

This will continue...they also didn't receive the 6 payments I sent in before they put us in the foreclosure process. After sending our bank statements showing the checks cashed 26 TIMES!!!! We gave up and sold the house :( Chase Banks is the worst bank ever and they are nothing but criminals...PROCEED WITH CAUTION

@KELLCH

And I meant that we faxed them 26 times...they were not cashed 26 times...sorry :p

Don't feel bad. They did the same thing to my brother-in-law.

He has excellent credit. He bought a house using his 401K. The house needs some work so he went to Chase for a mortgage. He spoke with someone in the Port Charlotte office, sent his paperwork in, etc.

3 Months later? Hadn't heard a word from them. He called several times, went through several different people. Each time, he had to re-fax paperwork.

Said they didn't receive it, etc. Each time, the interest rates which had started off at 3.25% kept rising. He finally told the on a recorded phone call, "Just deny me already so I can sue you."

The loan was approved but with conditions. Pay off his motorcycle.

Not a problem, he was planning on that anyway. Pay off his credit cards. Again, not a problem, he was planning on doing that anyway also. The third condition was to pay off the mortgage on a duplex in his name back in his home state.

The house that he has already proven he pays no bills on because his brother (who built the house with him), pays all the bills on it. Not only that, but the remainder of that mortgage is only 5 years away. Why on earth would he pay off his brothers house and even if he did, why would he take a 5 year mortgage and jack it up to another 30 year mortgage? Their own employees said that they seemed to deliberately be putting conditions on the loan just so he would refuse it, which he did.

I told him that if I were him, I would be livid if they kept saying that I needed to resend my personal financial information time and time and time again. That's personal financial information! Same as healthcare facilities are responsible for their employees handling protected health information, banks should be held accountable for their employees losing personal financial information and charged accordingly. Chase deliberately screwed up the loan process so they wouldn't have to pay a lower interest rate.

Not only that but they valued the home at $90,000.00. My brother-in-law turned down their loan offer yesterday. He went to BOA and was approved same day, lower interest rate and the house was valued at $120,000.00 which is what the appraiser said it was worth.

Just goes to show, Chase thought they had him over a barrel and were ready, willing and able to take advantage of that. More people should fight them and perhaps make financial institutions accountable for their screw ups.

View more comments (2)
Chase Bank Mortgage

CHASE BANK HARASSMENT

PISSED OFF!! Unlike many of the people pissed off and complaining about Chase harassing them over missed payments and late payments, which I do not care about, because your being harassed for a reason (and yes I have fallen on hard times in my life and fallen behind, but stop whining and take responsibility everyone is having problems in this country). I actually have a true HARASSMENT complaint about Chase and one of their *** services that I DO NOT WANT! Here is what has been going on for two weeks from their so called FRAUD PREVENTION DEPARTMENT: The activities of today by my husband: Stop at the gas station on the way to work, buy a coffee and paper $2.25 Go to the shoppette (On the military base) Lunch time: Pick up lunch $4.50 Within 2 minutes: CHASE FRAUD DEPARTMENT AUTOMATED ANNOYING VOICE calls: 1. My home phone 2. My cell phone 3. Texts my cell phone 4. Emails me 5. Calls my husband's cell phone 6. Calls my husband's work number (in a very secure military place where anyone answering the phone gets this message for my husband). ALL because of $6.75 being charged for 2 debits. I go through the whole *** verification process through all of there even more annoying automated *** only for it to not work and the phone calls to continue thought the day. The last call was at 8pm tonight which pissed me off when my husband has to get up at 4am. I call Chase to only be put on hold and told after I am transferred to 3 different people including a supervisor (over a 40 min time) : That there is nothing they can do about it because it is in the terms of my accounts that I opened over 3 years ago. I have : 1 personal account 2 small business accounts 1 Mortgage account And it took 3 years for this *** *** that I don't want to start harassing me? Why when we have had debits or charges to our accounts for thousands of dollars, including a $16,000.00 charge did they not call us then?!?!? It's because they are full of *** and just implemented some *** service that people do not want! I told them to delete all of my phone numbers off of my accounts, I was told "they can't do that". Oh yeah it is 8:51pm and they just called my cell phone again while I am writing this. So I just took my home phone off of the hook before it wakes up my husband. I have a grandmother who is extremely ill in another state and I can't get phone calls from family if something happens because CHASE keeps harassing me and I am forced to take my phone off of the hook. Not to mention that my cell phone is the only way people can reach me for my business or anything else (I only have my home phone on important things like my bank and family). So I can't turn that one off. My husband's work can only reach him through our home phone or his cell phone. Sorry can't turn that off with the rules enforced through the military. Why should I have to use my minutes from my monthly cell phone to deal with this *** either? I will be going into the branch tomorrow, probably only to bed fed another line of BS and accomplish nothing but wasting my own time! CHASE FRAUD PREVENTION DEPARTMENT can go *** OFF When looking at this online, they are doing this to a lot of people and also freaking everyone out that their information has been compromised. That is what happened to me when I got the first call 2 weeks ago. Lets just add a little more stress to people during this season!
Jacqueline T

Update:

I went into the branch today and WAS able to have them remove all of my contact phone numbers, however my husband has to also go in and have his removed. The guy that gave me a line of **** last night about it being in my terms of my account was indeed full of ****. This is a new service they are offering and I guess their way of promoting it is to harass people.

JP Morgan Chase Bank

After two years of trying to get a loan modification we finally got it. We were very excited until we found out that Chase added $60,000.00 on to our loan and they also ruined our PERFECT credit scores by reporting we are seriously delinquent. If I would have known I would have bankrupted my mortgage with them and left. Instead I am now trapped in a house that is way over financed. Thanks for nothing Chase. You are not helping The American People but finding other ways to make money off us. I find your tactics pretatory lending.
Chase Bank Loan

Chase Bank review in Albany, New York: CHASE private loans are garbage

I received a private student loan through CHASE for my senior year (undergraduate), and had no problem receiving the funds. My grandmother cosigned on my loan, and I happily completed my bachelor's degree. My loan was deferred while I was in graduate school, and came out of deferrment in November 2010, with my first payment being due in December of 2010. I was able to make the first seven payments on time, in full. Then in May, I knew that my position at my employer would be ending, so I called CHASE to let them know, and that I would like to file for forbearance. They put the application through, and denied me, stating that I would receive a letter in the mail explaining why it was denied. I received the letter a couple days later, and their reason for denying me was that "Applicant did not complete program of study/did not graduate". I immediately called CHASE and asked them why my request was denied, since the letter was not accurate. They repeated the same reason that was stated on the the letter. I explained to the person that their reasoning was not true, because my CHASE loan was for my undergraduate degree, and I have my Masters, so how is that possible?? The person on the other end did not have a good reason, and explained "if you situation changes, please call back and reapply." I was able to make my June payment, and at the end of June, I relocated from Illinois to Maine, and was unable to find a job from June until the end of October. I called CHASE again in July to let them know my situation had not improved, but had actually gotten worse, was unable to make my July payment and again asked to apply for forbearance as a means to not fall behind since I was unemployed. Again, I was transferred to the Forebearance Department, where I explained the situation, and they ran my request through the system again. Once again, I was told that my forebearance request was denied, but this time the lady told me it was because I had not made the minimum 9 payments (I had made 7), which is one of their requirements for forebearance. I explained that no one had told me that the first time, and the lady apologized and said I would receive a letter in the mail, and again to call if my situation changed. When I received the letter, the reasoning was that I had not made the minimum 9 payments. Fast forward to October. I was currently 4 payments behind (over $1200), had been talking to CHASE at least once a week, they were calling me 7 times a day between 7 am and 9:30 pm, and calling my grandmother (cosignor) equally. I eventually had to tell them not to call her because she was ill and was in and out of the hospital. They said they would update my account and add a note not to call her. They did not follow through, so the next time they called me, I changed her phone number to my mother's work phone number. Probably not the most ethical, but in the end, my concern was my grandmother's health and needed them to stop harrassing her by phone. It was bad enough they sent her stacks of mail. At the end of October, I found a job and began working. I immediately called CHASE to let them know, and the woman I spoke with said that if I post-dated three checks (10/25, 11/11, 11/25) to coincide with my paychecks, then I would meet the 9 minimum payments requirement, and bring my account back under the 90 days past due, which was another one of their requirements. After feeling bullied into making that decision, I agreed because I was offered no other option and was told this would guarantee my forebearance. So after paying CHASE $907 in November (which completely wiped me out financially), I called today to re-apply for forbearance for the third time, now that I had met their requirements. I explained the entire situation to the lady (Cindy), who couldn't quite wrap her head around what I was saying or what I was hoping to accomplish. She then put my application through the system and once again, I was denied. The reasoning this time was because "Three months was considered a 'long term' forbearance" in CHASE's eyes and because I had defaulted previously, they said my financial means weren't enough to continue making payments in the future. WHAT?!?!?!? I feel badly for taking my frustration out on this Cindy woman, but CHASE cannot tell their *** from their elbow. Their forbearance policy is garbage, and helps about 0.05% of the population, and I'm not even sure how you could manage to get them to forbear anything. I am still around $650 behind from October and November, and now my December payment is due in two days. So now again, I will be 90 days past due, back in the same sitation I was in last month, and less $900 that could have gone to a million other things. When I said this to the woman, her suggestion was "reach out to someone". I told her that if I had someone to reach out to, wouldn't I have done that by now?? I told her, unfortunately, I am not surrounded by millionaires on a daily basis, that I am a social worker who deals with poverty everyday, and acquired significant student loan debt in order to help those in need... yet I am now in need and have no one to help me. Ironic much? Of course, I then received the parroted response "call us if anything changes". Fat chance. I'd much rather prefer to destroy my credit at 24 years old, and work with a collection agency then pay CHASE another dime. Any words of advice from anyone out there? It would be greatly appreciated.
Chase Bank Loan

Chase Bank review in Chalfont, Pennsylvania: CHASE did not Help it's Customers with the Government Bailout

CHASE manipulated our political advocates in Washington by not helping people like me. I am requesting that you help me have CHASE provide me a loan adjustment on the actual cost of the property. I have asked for tunes of paper from CHASE only to be denied. 1. I have an 80/20 loan in which one is fixed at 12 % and the other is a variable on 300 thousand dollars. Under any way to look at the situation I am at risk. I may at anytime find myself unable to pay this 30 year mortgage. I am 59 years old, I can honestly say I will be paying it all my life unless I sell. Unfortunately, giving the current housing market I will never be able to sell. 2. This property was assessed by three lenders before I was approved for the loans I received. All said the market could withstand the assessment cost. The average home owner could not be expected to be the expert. 3. I have paid my mortgage regularly on time each month for six years. I am a good risk as a house owner. However, I want a fair deal and to me a fair deal is paying for a condo that is worth what I am paying for it. Right now it is not. It is worth 30 thousand less. The housing market will never recover that well in the area I live. In short, I am a good person single female, Latina who self-supports herself who has acted responsibly to the loans I have taken on with my mortgage. However, I should not be penalized for paying on time and not going into default. I should receive a fair loan by chase but hey will never do it unless forced. In fact, they never passed on the taxpayers kindness provided to CHASE when the bank was bailed out. Please help me. Rosa Calderón 917-559-1120. rcalderon109@aol.com
Chase Bank Mortgage

Chase bank abusive to 103 year old Vita Lee

JP Morgan Chase bank is trying to evict 2 elderly ladies - one of them 103 years old - for a loan that the bank illegally granted to someone else. It's illegal to grant a mortgage to someone without checking to see if they are the owner of the property, and without asking for identification to make sure the person you are giving the money to is the right person. Please sign the petition telling JP Morgan Chase how outrageous this is, and tell them that if they stop haranguing people with their mailed credit card offers three times a week, they can use the money to pay the loan and leave these ladies alone. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/5/stop-the-eviction-of-103-year-old-vita-lee/

We;ve already seen this in the news. And online petitions never do any good.

Product
Chase Bank Credit Card

Chase Bank review in Oakland, California: Why cant Chase hire Americans to customer service?

Almost every time I call Chase for service, I get someone who speaks English like a robot . Why cant they hire Americans? I had to speak to 5 different people, at the cost of 90 cell phone minutes before I got to someone who could understand my concerns. So many of these people misunderstand my concerns, and I usually have to ask them to repeat themselves several times in order to understand them. They speak English, but the inflections are non existent or all wrong. This particular call was in regard to an error that the bank made in which they sent out a repeating monthly payment 2 times instead of one time in a month. I was bounced from person to person untill I finally reached someone who was capable of understanding me, and didn't just keep repeating, " I have done this and this ma'am...." and " I have already told you ....." with completely flat affect like a robot.
Chase Bank Banking Service

Chase Bank review in Tampa, Florida: Chase Manhattan Bank Complaint

After working for Chase Manhattan Bank (JPMorgan Chase) for 26 years, they used the first excuse they could find to close my checking account. I cashed a check given to me in exchange for cash and services. The check appeared to be a cashier's check. I had funds in my account that covered the balance of the check. The check turned out to be fraudulent. The Bank acted like I was trying to defraud them They did not lose a penny. I called the police to report the fraud. They took copies of everything, but basically told me they were too busy to do anything about it. The police officer did say she would stop by the branch and let the branch manager know what happen. The police officer also told me that the teller should have known that the cashier's check was fraudulent because cashier's checks have a watermark in them. She also state that the printing was off. I never worked in a branch, so I had no way of knowing this. The next time I went in to the branch, they acted like I was not to be trusted. The teller called the branch manager over to verify my deposit. I few days later I received a letter informing me that they were closing my account and they would be sending me a cashier's check for the balance. That was more than three weeks ago and I still have not received by funds which total about $2700.

:grin

Product
Chase Bank Checking Account
Loss

Chase Bank review in Georgetown, South Carolina: These people have no clue!!!!!!!

When Chase sold our Mortgage to Seterus we have had NOTHING but trouble! We own a Condo and our Insurance is pooled out and paid by one company for all of us. We are prorated based on condo and style or square feet....That being said, we pay each year in November and all should be well...right? WRONG, these *** keep trying to force place Insurance on our Condo. Our agent (the condo agent) has sent them our information 4 yes 4 times.....they are still billing us for this insurance. Tonight my husband got on the phone with them and it was not pleasant. They STILL do not have the Insurance right. This has gone on since August of 2011...what do we have to do to get them to listen and pay attention! Tonight their representative had the nerve to actually Hang Up on my husband....bad decision.
Review

Chase bank has treated me like ***!

I just got off the phone with Chase. After spending the last two years having Chase refusing to talk to me about a refi on my existing mortgage I finally got another small bank to offer me a refi. When they requested a payoff amount Chase hit me with a $30.00 charge just to fax that information. Chase has been making well over $1,000.00 a month off me in interest on this loan and then they feel the need to cram this $30.00 bogus fee up my A_ _! Last year they raided my checking account because they claimed I didn't have homeowners insurance. They didn't even contact me before they did it. Come to find out they had changed the address that my insurance company was to send the proof of insurance to and didn't bother to notify them or me. AAA was sending the insurance docs to the old address. Even when I proved I had insurance they kept collecting the extra fee from my account. I had to fax the proof 4 times, my insurance company sent proof twice, and I finally filed a fraud charge with the Disrict attorney before i got my money bak and got them to quit raiding my bank account. This level of greed is ridiculous. I am in the process of ceasing all buisness with Chase and warn everyone else to do the same. By the way, Bank of America is at least as bad.