Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Chase Bank Is Not Helpful When Card is Stolen

After my card was stolen and used I called Chase and reported it as soon as I found out. Now I am being given the run around to get back my money. I have to report it to the police go to the stores where it was used and do all this leg work. They don't tell you that you have to do all this. Every time I call Chase I have to be doing a new report and I have no idea when my money will be returned to my account. Thank God the police are being very helpful. This is such poor customer service. I am closing my account as soon as this issue is resolved.
#402062

Be sure you go to another bank for a new account or they will just transfer charges to your new account.

Chase Bank Account

Credit card fraud chase bank

After 2 years of paying bills with my chase CC, i decided the $60 annual fee was ***. I cancelled my card and still received notices of payment due. I payed off the balance and called to verify the ending balance. They made me pay for a full year of CC protection even though it was canceled. I payed it, thinking good riddance. I then got another bill that indicated I owed for the continuing coverage of cc protection....on a cancelled card??? I was billed for late fees and "additional" services on the cc protection plan. I called, they said they would look at the adjustments. There are no adjustments on a cancelled card. I hope to never hear from them or do business with them again. So much for being a customer that pays his bills.
nikalseyn

I don't understand how you could be paying a yearly fee on a Chase card. My wife's has no annual fee.

And, why would you knowingly pay an annual fee on a credit card when it is very easy to get one with no fee? Something is wrong with this picture.

These CC protection plans are really terrible and should NEVER be used. Who are they supposed to protect? Rip-off!

View more comments (1)
Chase Bank Credit Card

Chase Bank in Dallas, Texas - DISHONEST BANK CHASE JP MORGAN!

I sold furniture on Craigslist, and the "lady" sent me a check for the furniture with an extra $2000 for shipping and movers fees. I am not ***, I know scams happen on Craigslist ALL THE TIME. So i brought the check to the bank and deposited it. The next day, my online banking showed that the check had gone through. So I went to the bank and actually went inside to confirm with someone face to face that the money was there before I sent ANYTHING to the moving company. I told them that I had sold furniture online and I was skeptical about it being fraud so I confirmed with THREE different people in the bank, one being the manager that the check had been "cleared". Then I withdrew the amount of money I was supposed to, to send to the movers and sent it. Yesterday (2 days later), I received a text message saying my account was overdrafted by $1573.26. This came as a shock to me since I had $950 in the bank that morning and had spent ALL DAY at work. I left work and went to the bank and they proceeded to tell me the check had bounced. Which means it did not actually clear in the first place. I asked why I was told that it was, they said they had cleared the check in "good faith" since I had never gone negative before. They also said there is no way for me to get my money back and I am responsible for paying them the entire $1573.26 plus $30 in overdraft fees for EVERY DAY my account is below $0. The issue is that like any normal person, ALL of my money was in the bank. This is causing the first bad mark on my credit. I was LIED TO! If funds from a check were made available to me BEFORE the check had cleared I should have been informed of that. They should never have told me the check "CLEARED" when it never did. I also had overdraft protection on this account, a lot of good that did. I took every precaution I could trying to protect myself from this exact thing from happening. Seeing as how I am not a banker myself, I only know what I see and what I am told. There is no way for me to know that check had not actually cleared since I was the opposite. When confronting the bank about the situation, the exact quote the bank manager used was "The bank takes the risk when we let check funds be available before the check actually clears". Exactly, THE BANK TAKES THE RISK! So why am I responsible for paying back that money? The bank has insurance for this kind of thing, I on the other hand did not know I would need insurance to protect my own money in the bank. If the BANK takes the risk, the BANK should take the responsibility. THIS IS A TERRIBLE BANK AND I REFUSE TO PUT CRIMINALS IN CHARGE OF MY MONEY!
summiconsumi

Don't feel bad. I was actually trying to avoid overdraft fees, went to the bank the same day I got the text alert and my account was still charged $34.00 for overdraft. I had even called the hotline beforehand to let them know I was going to deposit the money. Called them back to tell them about this situation, the guy kept on saying, well you have until the end of the business day to deposit and was extremely rude. I tried explaining that I did and even told him to check the online statement where it actually showed the date and time. Even told him I had a receipt with the same information. Still nothing. When I pay off this overdraft, Goodbye *** f***s CHASE!

Words of advice, stick to credit unions, they are awesome!

Chase Bank Banking Service

Chase Bank in Dallas, Texas - Chase Unethical ReFi Practices

Update by user Dec 14, 2011

RESOLVED! I went directly to Executive Offices of the President - after a few phone calls and emails they are sending my check - I have a feeling they didnt want me to keep bothering them- whatever happened, I am happy I can say they did the right thing!

Original review posted by user Dec 13, 2011

HARP is a government program to help people with little income refinance. Unknowingly when Chase charged me a NON-REFUNDABLE 395.00 ap fee I thought it was via HARPS program. I ended up paying much more in closing costs then I expected supposedly it was for the title company etc. I believe a conventional loan ends up costing MUCH MUCH less because the rate for my HARP was 4.87 - conventional at the time was only 3.9. What bothered me was in hindsight I should have picked out my own escrow company and gone DIRECTLY with a HARP lender- there was NOT suppose to be the 395.00ap fee according to HARP. I spoke up to Chase and they agreed BUT they refused to give me back the money the way I paid for it, they said all they can do is put it back into my loan! I never will see that money and on a 30 year loan it really is going back to Chase. It is a switch and bate, the knew they should never have charged me but to get away with it putting it back in their bank is very wrong. I would never recommend them to refinance or to have your mortgage with them- a smaller bank I believe would have given the money back in a check when they realized they were wrong and the HARP rate they gave me was higher then other banks-had I known I would never have done the re-fi.

Chase Bank in Rochester, New York - Chase mortgage

i have been on a repayment plan with chase mortgage now for 6 months. while all along watching my balance go down.i became totally dissabled after an accident in 08 and after living in my house for 14 years with a great payment history.anyhow my dissabilety has caused me to fall behind in my mortgage. on this payment plan i would call my payments in on the 21st of each month.well i forgot november.on dec.1st while paying my other bills i realized i forgoten chase and called them.they told me it was to late that i had broken the agreement and that instead of just oweing for one month they are claiming i owe for 3 months and will accept nothing less.i have proof of all payments and there own statements.also, the contract,that they are totally ignoring.what a waste of 13,000 dollars since june.wished i would of walked away then.they are totally trying to fraud me out of money.screw them

Chase Bank in Indianapolis, Indiana - Chase has been ripping me off

in the last few weeks chase bank has been moving things around in my account in order to charge me ins fund fees i have bitched at them to no avail people need to quit dealing with chase as i have learned they have been doing this for years quite funny a bank robbing people just three times in the last 10 daus they have hit with this even though i put money in the account three times in the last week i check my balance daily and was positive in my account the next morning when a charge pops up that was listed days before in the pending which means they deducted money from my account to cover this then a few days i am negative because of the same transaction

They're not ripping you off ***. Some people just shouldn't have bank accounts because they can't seem to understand how they work!

The bank isn't deducting money for pending payments, simply reducing your available balance.

The bank has NO control over when merchants collect their charges. You are clearly not recording transactions and balancing your checkbook, if you were, you wouldn't have this problem.

Chase Bank sucks!

After having an account with them for 2yrs we closed our account because they would let other places take out of our account with out our approving. With out our signature! Lost hundreds. This all started when we did a one time payment with the credit card at Aarons and someone was putting that money in there pocket because it took a wile for us to catch on to what both partys where doing to us. So with all the back and forth disputing the charges Chase still could not give us a straight answer for letting Aarons take out of our account with out our approvel.
Loss

Chase Bank in Los Angeles, California - Chase Manhatten Forclosed,reposessed, and sold my house during Cancer treatment

I was diagnosed with advanced stage prostate cancer in 2007. I spent all of 2008 and half of 2009 in bed due to pain. No financial assistance. I pleaded with Chase for a modification. Top offer was half 1/2% reduction on interest. Loan Modification Co. gauranteed me that with their volume of cases submitted to the banks, considering my medical history, my excellent payment history (at times a double payment was made to lower the principal. We were told to let all corospondence go through them regarding Chase Manhatten. Their thinking is if we speak to Chase, it might undermine any goals they are trying to achieve. After 6 months, I heard from the modification company. Unable to workout a solution with Chase. When Chase continued to send forclosure threats, we finally filed bankruptcy in March of 09. On December 11, 2009, my birthday, I was returning home from a radiation treatment to find the sherriffs dept. at the house while there was a man changing the locks, claiming to be the new owner. We were served our papers, given 15 minutes to gather anything we need, and off to Holiday Inn for temporary shelter. When I asked Chase about the relief money from the bail-out, I was told that they did not have any such program. My house was auctioned at 400K, with a 525K value. My balance was 483K. Since then I have been renting approx 4 miles away for $2200.00 per month. For the 10 years I owned my home, adding up all payments, upgrades, etc..., I would estimate that I lost over 400K. This was the first and only home I have owned. Thank You Chase for throwing me to the wolves for Christmas Dinner of 2009. I am PISSED OFF AND I WANT YOU TO KNOW IT.
Chase Bank Loan

Chase Bank in Washington, District Of Columbia - Chase Mortgate is a bunch of idiots

I'm currently in contract to buy a house and I'm so frustrated dealing with Chase that I'm about to walk and we are 9 days from closing. They keep telling me that they don't have the documents that I've sent them, no matter how many times or ways I send it, they want me to send documents that don't exist and the accuse me of "forgetting" to send something in. Almost every conversation I have with these people, they want me to borrow more than I need because I'm qualified to borrow more, which I think is totally asinine. I am so fed up and done with these *** and I'm kicking myself for even going to them for a loan in the first place. If I wasn't so close to the end, I would tell them where to shove the mortgage. I can't believe I'm going to have to deal with these idiots for the next 15 years.

This will continue...they also didn't receive the 6 payments I sent in before they put us in the foreclosure process. After sending our bank statements showing the checks cashed 26 TIMES!!!! We gave up and sold the house :( Chase Banks is the worst bank ever and they are nothing but criminals...PROCEED WITH CAUTION

@KELLCH

And I meant that we faxed them 26 times...they were not cashed 26 times...sorry :p

Don't feel bad. They did the same thing to my brother-in-law.

He has excellent credit. He bought a house using his 401K. The house needs some work so he went to Chase for a mortgage. He spoke with someone in the Port Charlotte office, sent his paperwork in, etc.

3 Months later? Hadn't heard a word from them. He called several times, went through several different people. Each time, he had to re-fax paperwork.

Said they didn't receive it, etc. Each time, the interest rates which had started off at 3.25% kept rising. He finally told the on a recorded phone call, "Just deny me already so I can sue you."

The loan was approved but with conditions. Pay off his motorcycle.

Not a problem, he was planning on that anyway. Pay off his credit cards. Again, not a problem, he was planning on doing that anyway also. The third condition was to pay off the mortgage on a duplex in his name back in his home state.

The house that he has already proven he pays no bills on because his brother (who built the house with him), pays all the bills on it. Not only that, but the remainder of that mortgage is only 5 years away. Why on earth would he pay off his brothers house and even if he did, why would he take a 5 year mortgage and jack it up to another 30 year mortgage? Their own employees said that they seemed to deliberately be putting conditions on the loan just so he would refuse it, which he did.

I told him that if I were him, I would be livid if they kept saying that I needed to resend my personal financial information time and time and time again. That's personal financial information! Same as healthcare facilities are responsible for their employees handling protected health information, banks should be held accountable for their employees losing personal financial information and charged accordingly. Chase deliberately screwed up the loan process so they wouldn't have to pay a lower interest rate.

Not only that but they valued the home at $90,000.00. My brother-in-law turned down their loan offer yesterday. He went to BOA and was approved same day, lower interest rate and the house was valued at $120,000.00 which is what the appraiser said it was worth.

Just goes to show, Chase thought they had him over a barrel and were ready, willing and able to take advantage of that. More people should fight them and perhaps make financial institutions accountable for their screw ups.

View more comments (2)

CHASE BANK HARASSMENT

PISSED OFF!! Unlike many of the people pissed off and complaining about Chase harassing them over missed payments and late payments, which I do not care about, because your being harassed for a reason (and yes I have fallen on hard times in my life and fallen behind, but stop whining and take responsibility everyone is having problems in this country). I actually have a true HARASSMENT complaint about Chase and one of their *** services that I DO NOT WANT! Here is what has been going on for two weeks from their so called FRAUD PREVENTION DEPARTMENT: The activities of today by my husband: Stop at the gas station on the way to work, buy a coffee and paper $2.25 Go to the shoppette (On the military base) Lunch time: Pick up lunch $4.50 Within 2 minutes: CHASE FRAUD DEPARTMENT AUTOMATED ANNOYING VOICE calls: 1. My home phone 2. My cell phone 3. Texts my cell phone 4. Emails me 5. Calls my husband's cell phone 6. Calls my husband's work number (in a very secure military place where anyone answering the phone gets this message for my husband). ALL because of $6.75 being charged for 2 debits. I go through the whole *** verification process through all of there even more annoying automated *** only for it to not work and the phone calls to continue thought the day. The last call was at 8pm tonight which pissed me off when my husband has to get up at 4am. I call Chase to only be put on hold and told after I am transferred to 3 different people including a supervisor (over a 40 min time) : That there is nothing they can do about it because it is in the terms of my accounts that I opened over 3 years ago. I have : 1 personal account 2 small business accounts 1 Mortgage account And it took 3 years for this *** *** that I don't want to start harassing me? Why when we have had debits or charges to our accounts for thousands of dollars, including a $16,000.00 charge did they not call us then?!?!? It's because they are full of *** and just implemented some *** service that people do not want! I told them to delete all of my phone numbers off of my accounts, I was told "they can't do that". Oh yeah it is 8:51pm and they just called my cell phone again while I am writing this. So I just took my home phone off of the hook before it wakes up my husband. I have a grandmother who is extremely ill in another state and I can't get phone calls from family if something happens because CHASE keeps harassing me and I am forced to take my phone off of the hook. Not to mention that my cell phone is the only way people can reach me for my business or anything else (I only have my home phone on important things like my bank and family). So I can't turn that one off. My husband's work can only reach him through our home phone or his cell phone. Sorry can't turn that off with the rules enforced through the military. Why should I have to use my minutes from my monthly cell phone to deal with this *** either? I will be going into the branch tomorrow, probably only to bed fed another line of BS and accomplish nothing but wasting my own time! CHASE FRAUD PREVENTION DEPARTMENT can go *** OFF When looking at this online, they are doing this to a lot of people and also freaking everyone out that their information has been compromised. That is what happened to me when I got the first call 2 weeks ago. Lets just add a little more stress to people during this season!
jtappy

Update:

I went into the branch today and WAS able to have them remove all of my contact phone numbers, however my husband has to also go in and have his removed. The guy that gave me a line of **** last night about it being in my terms of my account was indeed full of ****. This is a new service they are offering and I guess their way of promoting it is to harass people.