Chase Bank - Harassment by telephone

Issue not resolved
Jul 11, 2009
review #150940

I am sick of receiving calls from Chase Credit Card Services. These calls are numerous times a day, seven (7) days a week. Just a couple more for my log and I intend to file criminal charges against Chase for harassment by public communication.

This has been ongoing now for a month. The rep that calls even tries to drag my wife into this, and she has nothing to do with it. They start at 8:00am and continue until 9:00 at night. Enough is enough.

I do believe for starters a restraining order is appropriate for these "crazy" people. Any company that follows these practices show they are not anyone you would want to be involved with.

c177356
Had an experience with Chase Bank?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Scooby

Nov 21, 2013

I usually run 2-3 weeks behind on my mortgage now. I knew it was coming. I tried to be proactive and ask Chase for an extension. They kept trying to steer me towards HARP or HAMP or whatever. I didnt want a re-fi. Just a break.

We had a perfect storm of emergency surgery, auto repairs, and job loss. Through all of this, we are still only trailing about 2-3 weeks on this one bill. We have been at the house 15 years of our 30 year mortgage.

Chase calls me every single day. More than once. I have explained this story to them at least 75 times.People from India are constantly calling me. People who cannot even pronounce my name properly. Its become harrassing.

I talked to a young rep who was actually in the USA, and he said if we made the payment we were trailing on, he would get me the extension. Then he vanished. Never heard from him again. :sigh

I HATE CHASE BANK. :roll

Nov 16, 2013

I had fraudulent charges on my Chase Credit Card. I immediately contacted Chase Fraudulent Department. For some reason after they determined the charges were not valid, they took half of the fraudulent charges off, but not the other half. They are calling my home every hour for me to pay the balance. They also email and have sent letters about the past due balance. I have written over ten letters that the entire balance is fraudulent, we have closed our Chase accounts. Does anyone know what I can do about this harassment and Chase ruining my excellent credit.

Jerry

May 14, 2012

My sister has a home loan with Chase, they call her 7 day's a week if she is 1 day late. This is the worst bank i have ever had to deal with.

KP

Oct 31, 2011

My paychecks from two jobs, BOTH drawn on Chase Bank, (the ONLY reason I bank with them), are automatically deposited the same day, totaling over $6,000. BUT, when I go to transfer $ to make my $450 car payment, it won't let me because the funds are "unavailable." So, I have wait to do it the next day, which I do - but Chase continues to call me day and night from multiple numbers for the next 4 DAYS!!! And, the payment is less than 10 days "late," - not even assessed a late charge. I can't wait to switch all my business to a credit union.

jillw

Sep 19, 2011

Hi how do i stop this I had a few accounts at Chase I've pulled all but one checking and my credit cards now my local branch at 9th street in manhattan is calling and calling , people who don't speak english, telling me they're "reviewing my accounts" I ask them to leave me alone they call again...thanks.

disgusted in CT

Sep 14, 2011

I have been a month behind on my mortgage payment for like 3 years. I cannot straighten this out because Chase wants like 5 grand to "correct" the problem. They call 7 days a week, morning till night. Today alone? 13 times. I really think Chase needs to be stopped.

siloparek

Jul 20, 2011

If your credit card payment is late, the calls start the DAY OF. They charge you a late fee, and then they roll the payment into your next due date either way, but they still call and harass you.

The calls are ridiculous. I'm closing my account with Chase as soon as I am able.

Lily

Jun 14, 2011

We have a home loan through Chase and they have to be the most annoying people on the face of teh planet. We paid our home insurance within the grace period, because our pay checks are bi-weekly and they have called and called wanting to charge us $75 for insurance sayign we didnt have coverage! And they keep asking us what shape the home is in, and all this....they are increadibly insensitive and lazy! If they can find out late patements, then they can see we PAID our home owners insurance....when we get this pais off I will NEVER do business with these idiots again!

TMS

Apr 08, 2011

I am getting daily calls for my brother's account. He lives 2200 miles away. He took my phone number off his account towards the end of 2009 after getting calls for him. It's been quiet until this last couple of months and since then I have been getting daily calls on my cell phone. I called Chase but they told me that only my brother can remove my number even though he already did 2 years ago. I have even changed my voice message asking them to stop calling me because I consider it harassment and I know my Texas laws on harassment especially when it doesn't even concern me, my home or finances. I've filed complaints with the Do Not Call Registry and the FTC Complaint Assistant.Gov. None of it has helped to stop the calls. ARGH! Chase is crazy! Then to top it off....they get really angry when you tell them you are recording all calls. They will instantly hang up or stop talking never mind that they are freely allowed to record you. Idiots! I am so glad that I do not have any dealings with Chase bank!

linda jones

Jan 22, 2011

DO NOT CALL REGISTRY 1-888-382-1222

It will take a few weeks or so ~ but it will stop unwanted callers ~ you have to do this at least every 6 months. good luck

Heather

Dec 16, 2010

For over a month I've gotten 1-4 calls a day from 800-848-9380. I have NO accounts with Chase. Nothing, zip zilch, nada. Some guy named Josh something (I can't understand when they say his last name as English doesn't appear to be their first language). I keep telling them I don't even know a Josh, I myself was never a Josh, I've been a female my whole life. Class action lawsuit for trying to illegally collect a debt from someone who doesn't owe it is definitely in order. By law, they have to tell you WHO they are and what company they are calling for within the first 10 approximate seconds of the phone call. They screwed up when they started harassing someone who worked in Telecom for 15 years.

John

Dec 13, 2010

Today is the last straw with Chase, I have a truck financed with them and due to job issues have been late on payments, anytime over the last 2 years I have been late they call repeatly my former which has nothing to do with the loan and my son numerious times a day to all of us, this morning within 1 hour from two different Chase numbers they called me a total of 42 times, I looked up Texas state law which falls under Texas Penal Code 42.07. Harassment and 42.062 Interference, not really sure where to go from here, but feel this is grounds for legal action against them, I have done my best with them to resolve this via moving the payment to the end of the loan which offers them 2 things, the late payment and more interest on the extention of the loan...

MYMY

Nov 29, 2010

Don't answer the phone and let them wonder or they will harass you like *** even if you in the hospital. They got stimulus money and don't care about no one but themselves thay should be investigated for fraud.They have never forgiven any of they're clients. They are a group of wicked people.

Mark

Nov 12, 2010

I get calls from chase collections dept daily. I have told them many times I am not Rebecca Bonds. They have said they took my number out of their system many times, the calls still come. I talked to an exec. with Chase, Michelle Crabtree at 713-262-3866 and she said the calls would stop, this was about 2 months ago and the calls started again. I now call her every time they call me. I also am filing a lawsuit for harassment agains them.

GDR

Oct 19, 2010

We have 2 rental properties since about 2002 and have the mortgages with Chase. A year and a half ago, they screwed up and applied a payment to the month before. Our payments have always been current, but ever since then we have been trying to straighten it out, and they keep telling us that we are a month behind on our payments and have attached $1200 in late charges which we refuse to pay. Upon our request, after trying for months to get them, they finally faxed the payment records to us going back all 4 years, and their mistake is right on the record plain as day. All it would take is for somebody to take a look at the payment record and they would see their mistake. We have made numerous calls to them and to no avail, they claim they can only have access to the records going back a year, but somebody has the records there because they faxed them to us. We have called and asked to speak to supervisors which they refuse to put on the phone, saying one will call us back but they never do, and we are now getting five to six calls a day from their collections department, obviously located in India or ???, and we tried to explain to them over and over what the problem is but they don't seem to get it as they barely speak English. We are about to file a complaint or maybe file a harrassment suit. Anybody else going through a similar dilema?

GDR

Oct 19, 2010

Linda Roman

Sep 24, 2010

I have been having a problem with Chase. I recently got divorce and my ex is suppose to be responsible for the bill. He and I filled out paper work to have responsiblity transfered to him. He has actually even made a small payment to them and they call me at least 8 times a day. I have blocked the number on my phones so they either get voicemail or my other phone will ring once. It is driving me crazy.

candy

Sep 23, 2010

hang up on them. if you have caller id, you will get used to what numbers they call from. ask for a supervisor when the collector is rude and record their names to report.

Melinda

Sep 23, 2010

They call me everyday for someone that does not live at our house. We have told them several times that this person does not and has never lived at our house. I say "them" because when I ask their name they give no answer every time they call. (1-800-848-9380). I had to call this number this morning to find out who they were because when I would ask who is calling they wouldn't answer. We DO NOT OWE anyone any money. But I can tell you this, I am going to cancel their sad little credit card I have been having that has been zero balance for years. They can shove it and I am reporting them.

Ha, Not Telling

Sep 01, 2010

I went through this. I got a second job and worked like *** to pay that card off. But in a broken economy you can only do all you can do. Chase would call me 20+ times a day, then when I called them they routed me to India, and hung up on me. I no longer have a Chase account, but they send me offers at work. I respond to each one, take me off your mailing list, and by the way the title is Doctor, not Ms. you jerks.

1-20 of 26 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Chase Bank.
Filing a new complaint about
×