Chase Bank - CHASE IS EVIL! THIEVES IN SUITS

493 of 644 Chase Bank Reviews
Oct 10, 2009
review #158999

I feel absolutely disgusted with how UNETHICAL CHASE IS!They are THIEVES who are taking ADVANTAGE of all types of people.

I am currently financially struggling... AS MANY OTHERS IN THIS ECONOMY... I had three small PURCHASES RUN THROUGH THE DAY BEFORE PAYDAY and they TOOK $33- A PIECE = $99 = round up THEY TOOK $100 - ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS - REALLY????? FOR ME THAT MONEY COULD PAY A BILL.

THEY ARE THE HORRIBLE AND UNFAIR. NOT TO MENTION I HAD A HUGE PROBLEM WITH THEM OVER A CREDIT CARD I HAD WITH THEM-- actually originally it was Washington Mutual I had opened the card with-- THEY HIKED UP MY RATES TO 24.24% AND WERE EARNING SO MUCH MONEY IT WAS SICK. IT WAS A HOLE I COULD NEVER GET OUT OF. I WAS LUCKY TO HAVE A FRIEND HELP ME OUT AND NOW I AM REPAYING THEM AT 5% APR!

TO SUM UP THE CREDIT CARD DISASTER -- I BROUGHT A CHECK TO A CHASE BANK AND TOLD THEM I WANT TO PAY OFF THE CREDIT CARD IN FULL AND CLOSE THE ACCOUNT. THEN I CHECKED MY EMAIL AND THEY WERE STILL ASKING FOR MORE MONEY--- EVEN AFTER THE BALANCE HAD BEEN PAID OFF. I THOUGHT IT WAS A MISTAKE. THEY ENDED UP TELLING ME IF I DIDN'T PAY THE CHARGES THEY WOULD TURN ME IN.

WE WROTE A LETTER TO CORPORATE BUT I KNOW THEY ARE JUST SPENDING OUR MONEY ON A NEW BENZ, WHO KNOWS!!!?? SO DISGUSTINGLY DISHONEST.

TAKING THE LITTLE GUYS MONEY...REALLY NICE YOU OVERPAID ***- YOU ARE RIGHT UP THERE WITH OIL COMPANIES, I COULD SAY MORE BUT I WILL LEAVE IT AT THIS ---- GO TO H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS.

8adbe10
Had an experience with Chase Bank?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
493 of 644 Chase Bank Reviews
g w

Feb 23, 2012

Chase is the culmination of what happens when greed marries evil and begets a child who decides to party it up on wall street during the college years. If the government doesn't help regulate their highly unethical policies then i have little faith in the governments abilities to protect citizens from robbers who just happen to have lots of money and very good lawyers. They raised my interest without warning for supposed delinquent payments. Only 2 out of the 15 they are claiming are true. There were three instances when my mom sent a check to pay the card and they put it on her account instead of mine despite the correct account slip being sent in with the payment. Now they claim to have "legal" reason to keep me in debt my entire life. They are unreasonable.
My advice, stay away. If you are always stuck document every conversation you have with a representative and DEMAND that they send you a written and signed document of the things agreed upon or discussed during your phone conversation.

Bob Dole

Jan 22, 2012

Firstly, if you spend money that is not in your account you are going to get charged an overdraft fee. that is not just chase that is every single bank out there. and when they changed your rate they offered to let you close the card and keep making your payments at your original interest rate and if your rate went up it means you agreed to let them. Stop blaming a bank for being a bank and start blaming yourself for being *** with money. a lot of people are going through financial hardship that is true, no one is going to get out of it until they start taking responsibility for there own *** ups and start planning there lives and money better.

Albert T.

Jun 30, 2011

I had a best buy account $1400.00 limit. I owed $1200.00 for about 2 years. I paid $40.00 a month, and the debt never went down. I got sucked in at a 23.75% intrest rate. I was never late, never missed a payment, and they closed my account. I call them to see if they would at least lower the intrest and the said no. Fine! I had already scheduled a payment, I tried to edit it , and the website wouldnt let me. All i could do was schedule the payment 3 day after the due date. Fine! Now I look at the account, and they hit me with a $220.00 in intrest (promotion). The promotion ran out on the payment due date. They would always give me a heads up when a promotion was running out. CHASE IS A BIG SCAM!!! IF YOU READ THIS!!! PLEASE DONT DO BUSINESS WITH CHASE BECAUSE IT WILL NEVER END!!! THEY ARE A BUNCH OF THIEVES!!!

Jacquelyn Carmichael

Jun 23, 2011

Chase bank told my mother who is barely keeping our heads above the water that she did not have to pay them until march...LIES! They then said that she was $1,900 behind in her payments! WTF!Then when she tried to call them they IGNORED her call. Everyone she tried to call to help her said they could not help. I'm to young to help her but I wish I could sue them for everything they got!

Marlene

Mar 21, 2011

Chase is nothing short of a MAFIA. My mortgage was acquired by Chase. Unbenknownst to me, without my consent and totally behind my back they "ordered" homeowner's insurance on my behalf. When I got wind of this, I contacted my agent who immediately contacted them and provided proof of coverage that I had gotten on my own, paid out of escrow. When I got yet another notice, I again contacted my agent who again provided them with proof of coverage and were told all was good. I just got another notice that the coverage they conveniently "ordered" for me had been cancelled and there was a lapse in coverage, and they have charged nearly 3 grand to my escrow, which is now seriously in the negative. They did this without my knowledge, consent and totally behind my back. I have coverage which THEY paid out of escrow, to the tune of $800., but they went ahead and "ordered" their own coverage to the tune of 3 thousand dollars. We need to band together and bring these suckers down. They are nothing short of crooks who thrive on extortion.

RJ

Mar 20, 2011

I hate that ripoff thieving crook *** bank. Helping America my ***...Ripping off the taxpayers and poor in America more like it.
Greedy bastards!
I tried selling my house for many months but could never get a pay off quote. It seems without a payoff quote you cannot sell your house. I fell behind and by the time I paid loan sharks, realtors, fees, lawyers, etc I lost 50k. They were so greedy to get all the equity. I had to threaten them and their lawyers, carbon copy and record everything or I would have never been allowed to sell my house. I finally forced them to give me a payoff quote and sold the house the next day, but lost many sales before that all for more money. I had to end up desperate selling and lost over 50k. They are so evil it isn't even real. Every time I see their helping America videos my soul throws up a little. Just wait till their leader is our Secretary of The Treasury...even more evil country.

Chase Is EVIL

Jan 01, 2011

I've been struggling to get work for almost four years now.

Chase took $150 out of my $240 account right before time I had to pay rent.

Can't they TAKE $$ from someone who has lots, instead of us "poor" financially-challenged folks who value every penny we have - almost ready to have to live in our cars!

And no notice. They just TOOK my money.

EVIL!!!

Stephen

Dec 02, 2010

I have three Chase credit cards, and love them. I pay my bills on time and make sure I have money available before I make purchases. Also if you don't like terms of banking then don't use Chase. I also have a credit union, they are the best.

Michael

Nov 30, 2010

Chase is now flushing the last good vestige of WaMu down the toilet (the hostile takeover was nonsense to begin with). As of February 2011 all of the grandfathered WaMu Free Checking accounts they PROMISED would remain free are now changing into fee-based checking. I don't need them dipping into my hard-earned money for no damned good reason. Ooh, wow, for Oregon residents, the monthly charge is $10 instead of $12. Yeah, I feel like I'm being butt-raped just a little bit softer. Thanks Chase! *Sarcasm* I don't need them taking $100 of pure profit out of my pocket annually. It's utter nonsense. I'll be finding another bank now. I hear one of the local credit unions reverses all ATM charges from other banks' ATMs, maybe I'll switch over to them instead... Probably a better interest rate on savings anyway!

Chase no more

Dec 24, 2009

Yeah, cardholder since 1988, I got the "Chase is not for everybody" response. Great story on NPR today (12-23-09) reviewing banks..the reporter had very bad luck with Chase as well..and said so on the air. good for him!

I told the nice lady at Chase I would not be needing to close my account (why, and take a hit on my credit score???) The card is in a drawer...soon to be cut up once my next and FINAL payment to these scumbags is processed.

I will never deal with Chase again. The robber barons were well trained by old JP Morgan himself. Jamie, you better start watching the old "Crimson Permanent Assurance" or that baby is gonna sail right out from under you.

Done with Chase and glad of it. (man that felt good!)

brenda

Oct 13, 2009

if you will go online to your account and where it shows "comments"....send them an e-mail! i did,and they took the finance charges off,no,really they did. they were trying to charge me almost $40.00.i called them and got a lady from Asia or somewhere and i explained it to her with no luck.i went on-line and sent a nasty letter to Chase through my account and i got a response back the same day and they reversed the charges.YES,make copies of EVERYTHING,I MEAN EVERYTHING!They won't get another penny from me,ever!!Oh,yeah,don't close the account,bad for your credit and also you can't access your account to see what they are doing.GOOD LUCK TO ALL! :grin

×
You were reading a complaint about Chase Bank.
Filing a new complaint about
×