• show-popup

Location Scranton, Pennsylvania
Category Banks
Views 1879
Monetary Loss

I got the rushcard.com for my banking needs.The card came and I made arrangments for direct deposit.

Expecting my deposit today I checked before heading out to pay bills. When I checked I was told it would take 3 days for the funds to be attached to my card. Nowhere in the agreement does it state that. I even pointed that out to them.

They told me that the money is deposited to JP Morgan Chase asked for the number and they said they didnt have it.

I said yea right tell me another one.In order to speak ot a supervisor I had to Tell them im am filing complaints with bbb and the banking comission.Unless you dont want your direct deposit when you are suposed to get it I would seriously NOT use Rush Card held by JP Morgan chase. 2e6ba73

Comments (41) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 41 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jun 19, 2012
I've been using rushcard for years and never had a single problem.if something went wrong it was your doing!!!
Reply to Morons

Jul 11, 2013  from Phoenix, Arizona
I totally agree with you, I had my card since 2003 I have my check deposited from work and no problems. When I had one it was my fault, and I read everything carefully especially fine print. Sometime it is hard to understand rep, but they do know there job at the end of day. Love my card I have 3 rushcards.
Reply to TD602

May 01, 2012
I just got this rushcard in the mail a couple weeks ago. Before i even got it in the mail it i get 7 of the same email saying my card has been set up for direct deposit for my SSI--- i NEVER set up a direct deposit because i didnt want that for a specific reason... So i call the number on the back of the card and the REP tells me not to worry about it its just a confirmation saying that i got approved..so i say ok for now. I check today(the 1st my SSI is in my bank by 7am.) And i have no money in my bank account-- i contact SSI and it got set up where i have Direct Deposit to the debit card- which may i remind people- I NEVER SET UP! So i call up the *** company and i was on the phone with the rep for an hour! He said the best he can do is send me a check to my bank for all the money will be at my bank in 7-10 buisness days.. so now i'm thinking about calling the police and reporting them because i never set up for direct deposit and now they have my money -THE ONLY MONEY I HAVE TO PROVIDE FOR MYSELF AND MY 5 MONTH OLD! - i'm not sure what i;m going to do if i dont get my money back.
Reply to jess77

Jan 02, 2013
Get a job you *** and stop mooching off of the government. I will kill both you and your little mistake when I get the chance to locate you.
Reply to mK

Jan 28, 2013  from Richardson, Texas
hey, MK don't ever tell someone get a job, ssi is for disable people and you don't know his or her situation. grow up and get some smarts...
Reply to GM

Feb 03, 2013
mk all i can say is your one ignored mutha ***. how the hel can you say that *** to jess77. someone needs to locate you and put your *** *** under the ground obiviously you have mad issues that need to be resolved. this lady has a baby tht u called a mistake your the mistake ***. i hate ppl like you. your dumbass is probably a moocher you no good ***. :(
Reply to new customer

Aug 30, 2013  from Princeton, North Carolina
Your the ***. She said she has a kid and that rush card was her mistake. Not her child!

Feb 06, 2013  from Orlando, Florida
Yea well I will beat your *** u evil inbred worthless waste of oxygen go back to your trailer and watch some more Jerry Springer.....I wish u would tell where u are so we could deal with u
Reply to Anonymous

May 28, 2013  from North Atlanta, Georgia
In order to get direct deposit u have to be da only one to set it up so dats bull***t u talkin
Reply to Anonymous

Apr 03, 2012
Rushcards rippoff they are holding my money for money pack receipts Who The *** keeps Them I have 985.00 on my card and its blocked..We need to sue them I worked for that money and Rushcard is hindering me in paying bills. yet they are taking monthly. Fees out. Help me.
Reply to pissed

Feb 08, 2012
I've had a Rushcard for a little over 2 years now. Last year and this year, I got my taxes Immediately when I was expecting them. Also, I've had to replace a lost card, and have called customer service with questions on several occasions, and NEVER had an issue with "lost accounts" or my payroll deposit or missing funds of any kind. The only gripe I have is it usually takes like 15-20 mins to get a hold of customer service. They are incredibly helpful once they get on the line though.
Reply to I dunno

Feb 07, 2012
I am having the same problem right now, I was suppose to get my tax refund today but the customer service representative told me they didnt have any record of me even having an account, then they told me to call irs, which i had already did, then they told me to load some money on my card and hen the money would come throught but it never did. Now I am sitting here reading all the comments about what everyone else is going through and i am so mad because i know russel simmons dont know whats going on with these cards. If he did he would have the issue fixed right away. I mean i dont have a choice but to wait for another 3 days to get money but I tell yall one thing, If I dont have my money by sunday, somebody is gone write me a chech from chase bank, and thats not a joke. I work too hard to have to wait longer than I already have for my tax refund, I have bills and more bills to pay. Im also gone be writing a letter to ruusel to let him know what is going on with his company, as far as these cards go.
Reply to A mad black woman

Feb 27, 2013  from Newark, New Jersey
That's how I feel like suing them after reading all these comments and going thru wat I am going thru with my tax refund right Nowww this is ridiculous and they keep telling me call the irs which I've been doing for a week and they keep telling me to call them because they sent my money ahhhh I really don't understand this last year I got my money on time smh
Reply to 5ive

Feb 01, 2012
I had a rush card for over a year and loved it and the one time i needed to block the card b/c i misplaced it. i called the 1-866 number and never get a response now. And I need to remove the block but can never even get a hold of a rep... im so pissed b/c I really did love this card and have recommended it to friends but now I have to switch to the Young Money Prepaid Card which I will miss the cash back but at least there is a 1-800 number to a real rep who can really help me. Russell just lost a faithful customer. Not to mention numerous emails too with no response whatsoever!
Reply to Used to love rushcard

Jan 06, 2012
:( What everyone wrote about this RUSHCARD is 100% true i would advise everyone and i mean everyone not to get their card they do rip you off hear is my story,my daughter applied for their debit card 4 me and said she didn't want direct deposit so a month later i go and call my ssi card and my benifits were never posted i call ssi up and they said someone by the name of rushcard transferred my ssi funds to their card i was pissed i never gave them any consent to do direct deposit and for the last 5days i have been getting nothing but lies and a run around i called ssi up and they put me on 3way with rushcards bank (chase) and tehy stated on the 1st call that they had no info on me so they said to call back later so i did and they said they found the money and it would be transferd back to me within 3 days wll it's 5 and nothing i called back now this is about the 7th call now and they said that it was transferd to chase i call chase nothing there so i call back again and now they said it was transfers to ssi i call them and they said nothing came from them i'm grrr mad so now my last hope is the BBB so PLEASE PEOPLE DON'T GO THROUGH THEM IF YOU GET DIRECT DEPOSIT JUST SAY GOODBY TO YOUR MONEY OR WAIT AWHILE TO GET IT BACK...... :cry
Reply to rich1212

Dec 27, 2011
Hidden fees?

Where?

Ya guys, know how to read?

The card's a business...a BUSINESS! Ya lame-o's!

I use the card and I love it. Sure there's a hiccup here and there, *** happens.

at least I get my issues resolved promptly.
Reply to Card niga

Oct 24, 2011
Are you people kidding? Please make sure your account with your bank, friends and other interest are not responsible. I've never heard of such a thing! My family, girl friend all use Rush Cards and have never had a problem. And we didn't just start using it either. Sure, they charge $1.00 for every purchase you do. BUT, I love getting my Cash Back every single month. I don't not believe these posts are even real. This man has made a card available to people who can't get credit cards, and need a safe way to shop on line, off line or who just want and need a credit card. It helps me with my spending because I only put $400.00 on it every month and use that for Ebay, O.com or what ever. Russel Simmons don't need your pennies. Trust me. Last time I checked even with my Master Card, I have to pay $1.00 fee at the ATM'S or in some retail, and it's my money! This is always the case, nothing new. DUH! You people are either ***, never had a credit card or haters.
Reply to Jay

Aug 07, 2011
TO WHOM THIS MAY CONCERN
I would like a statement or some sort of detailed accounting of my rushcard credit and debit activity.more than half of my social security has vanished and I need a real person to explain to me where my funds are going. Please,i must pay my bills
Reply to morris l. butler

Jul 09, 2011
i am having similar issues with rushcard. my job banks with jp morgan, my employer presented payroll to jp morgan monday, on tuesday it was presnted torushcard. and according to jp morgan funds can be released 2 business days after an employer presents payroll. rushcard customer service says they cannot release the money because they don\'t see it, then i was told that they see it, but don\'t have it, then i was told that they could release it, then a man, who was a cust service supervisor :roll i could barely understand tells me the same 2 previous lies, then tells me the amount of my drect deposit but says it won\'t be released until monday, 3 days after it was to be released. he gives me the number to chase\'s ach department, who cannot accept calls because of technical difficulties. wow, i made a big mistake, DON\'T SIGN-UP WITH RUSHCARD, THE HIDDEN FEES ARE BAD ENOUGH, BUT NOW MY MONEY HAS BEEN HIJACKED!! i guess i\'ll be fling complaints all day. :( DON'T SIGN-UP WITH RUSHCARD, THE HIDDEN FEES ARE BAD ENOUGH, BUT NOW MY MONEY HAS BEEN HIJACKED!!
Reply to DON'T SIGN-UP WITH RUSHCARD

Jul 09, 2011
i am having similar issues with rushcard. my job banks with jp morgan, my employer presented payroll to jp morgan monday, on tuesday it was presnted torushcard. and according to jp morgan funds can be released 2 business days after an employer presents payroll. rushcard customer service says they cannot release the money because they don't see it, then i was told that they see it, but don't have it, then i was told that they could release it, then a man, who was a cust service supervisor :roll i could barely understand tells me the same 2 previous lies, then tells me the amount of my drect deposit but says it won't be released until monday, 3 days after it was to be released. he gives me the number to chase's ach department, who cannot accept calls because of technical difficulties. wow, i made a big mistake, DON'T SIGN-UP WITH RUSHCARD, THE HIDDEN FEES ARE BAD ENOUGH, BUT NOW MY MONEY HAS BEEN HIJACKED!! i guess i'll be fling complaints all day. :(
Reply to beven

Read next Chase Bank complaint

Chase Bank NOW charging "international...

Due to the outrageous cost of pharmaceuticals here in the U.S., I am forced to go to "Canada Drugs"...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Chase Bank.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug